PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modelling Challenge #257- Guard Tower

Wittywop
05-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Speed Modelling Challenge #257 - Guard Tower

Rules:
1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger. (For wireframe help go to: http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/polygoncoloring.php
3. LightWave must be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.
6. The winner is judged by the challenge starter and the prize is to set up the challenge after next week's.

This weeks subject : Guard Tower

We have made so many great Speed Models, we need a way to protect them. Model your best Guard Tower. Could be one from ancient times, a modern one, or a guard tower you might see in the future. Lets see what you got!!

Time Limit : 90 minutes.

Deadline : 7 May 2014 2200 GMT (1600 CDT).

MG artist
05-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Everything modeled within the limit except for the grass ( it is stock ).I didn't finished the model but that's all I could do in 90 minutes.If I find some time I will post the render of the finished model. 121747121748

Wittywop
05-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Looks good MG, nice first post :)

Last day all get those entries in!!

VIDandCGI
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Ok just managed to get something thrown together for this last minute before sitting down to watch "house of cards". Really sorry about the quality all around from design/model/render but I just don't have much time and the real problem being I spent too long at the start playing around with designs so for example you can see the doorstep has a little chip modelled into it but the parapets are quick tri forms to get the shape there. Overall not happy with it, a lot I would do differently next time.
and wireframe

VIDandCGI
05-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Flat render

MG artist
05-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, any update with the challenge ?

Wittywop
05-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Nice work guys, they both look great.

MG - I liked the Life guard tower, very creative. I also like the scene you made around it.

VIDandCG! - I liked the castle tower, looked very cool. the lil bricks in the wall were a nice touch. Render was kinda dark, felt almost underwater.

The Winner is ..... MG Artist. Nice work. You get to pick the topic for the challenge on the 14th.

MG artist
05-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Thank you , I can't wait to set up the upcoming challenge :D