PDA

View Full Version : Lw11.6.3

ednachman
05-02-2014, 07:46 AM
I have downloaded the latest version of LW11.6.3 twice. Each time, when I click on either the layout or modeler icon, nothing happens. What am I doing incorrectly?

Tranimatronic
05-02-2014, 10:57 AM
are you on windows or OSX?
The path the shortcut refers to may be now invalid (it might be pointing to 11.6.2 that you may have uninstalled)
Try going to the folder Lightwave is installed in and double clicking on the exe. (Win) If this works, delete the shortcuts and create new ones

ednachman
05-02-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm on Windows 7 Professional. Shortcut is valid and pointing to 11.6.3. I clicked on that file and nothing. The hour glass comes on for a couple of seconds and then it is just the cursor.

Tranimatronic
05-02-2014, 03:19 PM
ok. Sounds weird. You say 'clicked on the file' - you mean the "C:/whatever/path/you/chose/to/lightwave/layout.exe" right ?
After that I would recommend re-downloading and re-installing to see if that makes a difference.
If not, open taskManager to see what is going on when the hour glass comes up - does it say Layout is running in taskManager?
Other than that, try changing whatever USB port your dongle is plugged into (if you have a dongle), try downloading 11.6.2 see if that works.
Make sure you are installing as admin and you have rights to the .exe.
Check your firewall is not stomping on things.
It could be one of many things. It is difficult to work out what without being there....

Cheers
T