PDA

View Full Version : Options for render farm software for Lightwave

sukardi
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else can share what render farm/network render software they are using with Lightwave.

I am currently using Amleto and although it works fine for single frames, I have not been able to make it work with compositing buffer. It actually renders the buffers but does not transfer it back from the client to the render folder.

I used to use butterflynetrender. It works to an extent but I never was comfortable with its configuration.

Really like to hear other people's experience on this ...

3D Kiwi
05-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Deadline from thinkbox is good. Works with all major apps, we were using it with Lightwave, XSI and AE. Trail comes with two free nodes. Found it worked better than royal render. Gives you more control. Not the cheapest but i believe its well worth it.

3D Kiwi
05-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Sorry double post

pixym
05-01-2014, 10:20 PM
You should check this out : http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?140011-New-Network-Render-software

sukardi
05-02-2014, 02:37 AM
3D Kiwi,
Deadline seems to be slightly out of my budget...

pixym,
I am following the thread with much interest...

BTW, I used to use Lightnet as well. I wonder if anybody still uses it....

3dworks
05-02-2014, 03:44 AM
using squidnet almost every day and night here, and quite happy with it, even if the mac version still needs some refinements. windows side should be almost issue free. supports all usual LW options and also tiled image rendering, useful when working with very high resolution stills. i'm mostly rendering animations with double output, LW's and exrtrader's, all working perfectly. support is great as well! currently, they are implementing cloud rendering... there is a free trial to download afaik!

djwaterman
05-02-2014, 04:02 AM
This 3rd party offering has been added to the Lightwave site http://www.lightspeedrender.com/, I don't know anything about it. (edit-actually it's the one that was already mentioned)