PDA

View Full Version : Professional modeling videos

t0ol
05-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Hi guys, i enjoy learning (speed) modelling workflows in different packages from professional modellers, so im looking for any sorts of quality modeling tutorials/videos for LW (say like Bulgarov`s).
So if you have any please share links.

ernpchan
05-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Liberty3D.com has some tutorials.

Lewis on here has one about modeling a car.

t0ol
05-01-2014, 01:54 PM
From what i saw over there they`ve got only the basic ones which go over tools, while im looking for.. something abit of a higher grade.. again as example i can call out most gnomon dvds on poly modeling, grant warwick videos for max.. stuff like that with the intent to learn the actual "reallife" workflows guys that model clean and fast day to day use, not tool descriptions and not "how to model XYZ". Hope that makes sense.

Ztreem
05-01-2014, 03:37 PM
I think Taron has made a gnomon dvd about modeling a head in LW. He's really talented and fast poly modeler.

prometheus
05-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I think Taron has made a gnomon dvd about modeling a head in LW. He's really talented and fast poly modeler.

Taron is sick, in a good way..funny, and a fantastic mind, scary images often though:)
His dvd was called "The Secrets of Organic Modeling Lightwave Modeling" But it doesnīt seem to be available on the Gnomon workshop where I think it was released initially.

Havenīt seen this fully though...he did some modeling extract showcasing somewhere, and he uses very few tools, but he has organized them and using them in a very good workflow.

You could go on and mail him about the tutorial on his latest adventures on working with a Free fluid painter tool called verve, canīt believe he has time to be so creative as an artist and also a programmer.

Tarons site...
http://www.taron.de/

his latest programming stuff with free download of verve(it isnīt a virus in it though it warns for it)..and you can probably jump in and ask him about how to get hold of his tutorials too..
http://www.taron.de/forum/

And the guy also has time for music..puhh.
I would think he is probably spending more time with modo nowadays rather than lightwave... due to how much effort that was put in to the subdivision modeling tools in modo and the sculpting & painting and uv tools, that and zbrush and in fact ..sculptris I reckon.

t0ol
05-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah that`s exactly the stuff I was looking for, will try to get in contact there, not seeing it in gnomon library either. Thanks guys.

I personally think that LW would benefit alot from quality tutorials, in terms of NEW user base, and I would seriously consider it as a PR tool to plan expenses on on newtek`s management place. Especially now when XSI is officialy dead.. Although i feel like the "management" they have there should form a rock band or something rather than manage 3d app development..