PDA

View Full Version : Maximum No of lines in a scroll ?

Ian Austen
11-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Is there a maximum number of lines one can have in motion scroll

I have a long list of names that need to scroll at the end of a ceremony (900)
That seems to work no problem, but when I add a blank line in between each name to increase space for better visibility it begins to add names from the front of the file on top of the files at the end.

Rich Deustachio
11-21-2003, 05:47 PM
It's not due to any maximum line limitation, for some reason if you add spacing after typing in a list of names it will screw up the list of names below.

Jim Capillo
11-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Bug it.....

Ian Austen
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Ok now i think i am losing my mind

A few days ago i am sure there was a reply here that said the best thing to do was to create the scrolls in Aura. Now i dont see that post here and have done a search on aura in all toaster forms and have not found it . Does any one have the sequence to take a tx file into Aura and create a lonf text scroll

Jim_C
11-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Save your text as one Long tga file.
Then import that into aura.
Use the keyframe filter to animate the tga moving up the screen.

Those are sparse directions, que in if you need more...

good luck

jim

Ian Austen
11-26-2003, 11:07 AM
ok jim i have taken my text file which was an excel txt delimited taken into word then removed the tabs replaced with space
the file loades correctly in CG. i set the font size before opening up txt file

this all works fine in CG
now what i want to do is save this as an image tga file.

when i do that it opens up in Aura with just the first screen, i applyed the motion keyfilter but no luck, what do i do in CG to save the totall lines of txt . I have tried going into layout and selecting all txt before i save but to no avail.

the reason i am doing all this is to create more leading between lines to make the scroll more easily read.