PDA

View Full Version : Multiple StreamID's - Flash - How?

AlphaNZ
04-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Everyone

Have been googling for some time now in regards to multiple streamID's - Streaming multiple bitrates to the same server. ( Flash Media Server ).

We have tried the following -

streamname_%v - %v being bitrate variable.. bitrate set in flash profile xml.

Also have tried %i however it doesn't work for us, as we have a streamID syntax ( e.g our streamID is [email protected]*** & [email protected]*** for example )

SO, the simple question - How do we stream multiple bitrates with multiple streamID's?

Equipment - Tricaster 860 - Streaming via built in tricaster streaming function - flash media.

Here is our xml config ( part of )

<encode>
<video>
<format>H.264</format>
<datarate>400;600;800</datarate>
<outputsize>640x360;640x360;640x360</outputsize>
<advanced>
<profile>Baseline</profile>
<level>3.0</level>
<keyframe_frequency>3 Seconds</keyframe_frequency>
</advanced>
<autoadjust>
<enable>true</enable>
<maxbuffersize>1</maxbuffersize>
<dropframes>
<enable>false</enable>
</dropframes>
<degradequality>
<enable>true</enable>
<minvideobitrate>192</minvideobitrate>
<preservepfq>true</preservepfq>
</degradequality>
</autoadjust>
</video>
<audio>
<format>AAC</format>
<datarate>128</datarate>
</audio>
</encode>

*** - Doing data rates of 400, 600 & 800.

<output>
<rtmp>
<url>rtmp://serveraddess**/EntryPoint</url>
<backup_url></backup_url>
<stream>nzl_2014_%[email protected]</stream>
</rtmp>
<file>
<limitbysize>
<enable>false</enable>
<size>10</size>
</limitbysize>
<limitbyduration>
<enable>false</enable>
<hours>1</hours>
<minutes>0</minutes>
</limitbyduration>
<path></path>
</file>
</output>

This is the one with %v... Doesn't work? The encoder just crashes.

However if we run a single streamID - It works perfectly...?

Any flash media pros keen to tell us what variables or syntax to use - In order to use multiple streamID's.

Any help is much appreciated!

AlphaNZ
04-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Interesting to see no replies.

It seems flash media encoder support by tricaster is not a priority of newteks?

Thousand dollar 860 can't even send out multiple bitrates?.....

Buddy.Hannon
04-29-2014, 03:55 PM
I believe that you need to be using a CDN that offers that service. We use Bitgravity and they offer the service. I might be wrong on that. Don't let no replies get you do, sometimes you just need to wait for a person with more knowledge to read the thread and know an answer. We just stream one middle of the road bitrate ourselves.

Koinonia
04-30-2014, 05:04 AM
Interesting to see no replies.

It seems flash media encoder support by tricaster is not a priority of newteks?

Thousand dollar 860 can't even send out multiple bitrates?.....

Tricaster is able to encode in multibitrate: what you need to do is to setup Adobe Flash Media Encoder profile (up to 3 bitrates); your URL and stream names (Ex: bitrate1;bitrate2;bitrate3).
The most difficult part is configuring the player. I use JWPlayer 6 with Wowza using SMIL protocol. This way I can stream in multibitrate to any platform (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android).
If you don't know how to setup Wowza server I suggest you to use a CDN with multibitrate capability, so you just need to send the highest bitrate and the server will do the job automatically.

AlphaNZ
05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi Koinonia -

We tried the multiple stream names bitrate1;bitrate2; etc but the encoder always bugged out?

Cheers

aporter
07-26-2016, 10:58 AM
I recently set up multiple bitrates on a Tricaster 8000, and also found that there wasn't a clear way to configure the multiple destinations directly from the streaming interface. Here are the steps that worked for me:

1. Access the windows desktop via the administrator mode
2. Launch Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (FMLE), which should already be installed
3. Configure as needed (in my case I downloaded a pre-built multiple bitrate config file from my streaming provider, and just had to modify the video & audio sources)
4. Export the FMLE config file
5. Re-open your Tricaster session and import the generated file under streaming profile by clicking the browse button at the bottom of the list (the imported profile will then show up in the unsupported list)
6. You may also import the server settings using the same FMLE file
7. Start streaming

In my case the streaming provider does use the %i syntax for the stream names, so I'm not sure that the above will work directly for the OP. I just wanted to post these steps in case anyone needs them, and because I didn't find this process spelled out when searching myself.

Good luck!