PDA

View Full Version : MD_Scan for Lightwave 5.6?

Mr Rid
04-25-2014, 11:54 PM
Was there a way to bake MDDs in LW 5.6? I think Motion Designer was a third party plug back then.

I want to update an old LW5.6 scene, but is causing errors in later versions, and is complicated to re-create.

The only workaround I can think of would be to bake the deforms with MDD. But I dont see Motion Designer or an MD_Scan plug for LW5.6, if there ever was one, or did I lose it?

Old LW5.6 Fractal Bump displacement does not translate correctly to later versions. And multi-target morphs are causing several errors, including a really weird bug where non-morph related objects vanish on certain frames when rendering with photoreal blur.

bobakabob
04-26-2014, 04:52 AM
Would Point Oven do it? Is it still available?

Greenlaw
04-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Not sure this will work but try saving an object sequence of the animation from 5.6 (you may have to look for a plugin for this.) Then you can use the Point Oven standalone utility called MDD Compiler to create an MDD file from the object sequence. I think the utility is free to download, so you don't actually need Point Oven to do this.

Hope this helps.

Mr Rid
04-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks Greenlaw. I dont see a way to save an object sequence from LW 5.6, other than manual Save Transform on each frame (oh well). MDD Compiler will not recognize v5.6 save objects. So I used LW11.6 Object Sequencer, and export MDD with Pointcache_Scan. This has the same result as the MDD Compiler.

So now I just need some caffeine to get thru a lot of manual Save Transforming. Btw, this is a mad attempt to update the paratrooper sequence from Falcon Down.

ernpchan
04-26-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't know what lscript was like way back then. You could try this script.
https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/save-transformed-sequence-1/

I believe I left it uncompiled so you could strip it down to the bare minimum.

erikals
04-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Ridlen, as you saw, added some notes here >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?122155-Exporting-OBJ-sequences-for-use-with-Trapcode-Form-2&p=1380153&viewfull=1#post1380153

...Btw, this is a mad attempt to update the paratrooper sequence from Falcon Down.

cool stuff, but wouldn't it be better to do it from scratch again?