PDA

View Full Version : internet?

Lemonish
11-21-2003, 11:12 AM
hi :o
um.... do you need to be on the internet to run lightwave? cuz i dont think mine works uless im online

Rei
11-21-2003, 02:56 PM
No.

BUT! i have heard of LW's Hub having problems with itself if the IPX ports are being used, which should mean that you cant use LW online.

Anyhow, no, you do not need to be online to use LW. We would never get any work done otherwise!

Libra-75
11-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Do you use a software firewall? If so, you might wanna check it out. I´m running Zone Alarm on my machine and I had to grant the hub access to internet and the hub acting as a server for LW to work. If you´re not using a software firewall I don´t know what´s wrong.

Peter Palesh
11-22-2003, 07:15 AM
If you don't need to run the hub at all you can create a batch file to run LW without it.

Just type the path to lw... right after lightwav.exe type -0 and the Hub will not be started.

eg. c:/apps/lightwave/programs/lightwav.exe -0

It won't try to access the net then. (plus I find that lightwave runs a little faster without it running)

Lemonish
11-22-2003, 12:14 PM
THANX GUYZ!!!! :D

BeeVee
11-24-2003, 02:54 AM
LightWave does NOT, repeat NOT, access the internet any which way no how at all. The reason you get an alert if you are running Zone Alarm or another software-based firewall is that LightWave does use TCP/IP for communication between Layout, Modeler and Hub. It does not use the internet, but since the internet is built on the TCP/IP protocol, Zone Alarm thinks that's what it is doing.

Say "yes and remember" for LightWave accessing the net and acting as a server in ZoneAlarm. Despite what it says, LightWave does not access the internet! Ever!

B