PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Drag too powerful?

objuan
04-22-2014, 04:00 AM
I've been having this weird, semi inconstant issue. In Layout, when I click and drag and object to transform it, or rotate it - a slight move of my mouse jumps it way to far!

If I'm not clicked down on anything, the mouse is smooth and moves like I expect it to, but when I'm trying to drag an object, it moves like 10x what my mouse does.
It doesn't happen all the time, some times it is reasonable, but often enough it is super jumpy and really hard to control.
Even weirder, it seems to have started when I disconnected my 2nd monitor and took my laptop on the road solo. With 2nd monitor, didn't bug me much moved like I expected. Now with just the one monitor, every thing is all hyper-twitch.

I imagine it somehow has to do with the scale of the world grid, and/or the display units? I don't seem to be able to set it up happy.

Any tips?

probiner
04-22-2014, 05:19 AM
just to clear it out. No wacom tablets involved, right?

Danner
04-22-2014, 05:32 AM
The first object you import into layout changes the grid square size. Lets say you import a beach scene with a 1km wide object. your grid square size will be too large to be able to move a beach chair around precisely. Press D for display properties and change the "grid square size". While you have that window open change to the General tab and make sure input is mouse and not tablet.

erikals
04-22-2014, 06:17 AM
yes, try changing the grid / zoom by using these shortcuts >

[ or ]
, or .

also make sure you have a mouse and not tablet input

Lewis
04-22-2014, 07:25 AM
I think he is describing this BUG

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?138170-Cursor-Problem-%28jumps-suddenly-out-of-position-after-clicking%29
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?141017-Mouse-Drift-Issue-w-Rotate-Translate-Windows-8-1-LW-11-6-Modeler-amp-Layout

erikals
04-22-2014, 10:00 AM
outch,

hope not, luckily haven't had that using Wacom-Win7-LW11.6 32

Lewis
04-22-2014, 11:08 AM
outch,

hope not, luckily haven't had that using Wacom-Win7-LW11.6 32

As I said in that topic (and several more users) that bug is not wacom related. I have no wacom installed and i see it on 3 machines (win7 and win8).

erikals
04-22-2014, 11:35 AM
they should fix it asap

3DGFXStudios
04-22-2014, 12:57 PM
What Lewis says! And indeed it super annoying and should be fixed asap.

objuan
04-22-2014, 06:37 PM
To be more specific, I do have a Wacom Cintiq, and a another monitor. So at my desk at work I have the laptop monitor, a 22" Acer, and a small Wacom Cintiq; running in Windows 8. At work with this setup, I have had minimal issues with the mouse being hyper jumpy.

While traveling last week with just the laptop, the same scene was having issues with the super twitch.

Now I am back at work, plugged into the trifecta, and the same scene seems to be pretty much fine.

I checked the display settings and it is set to mouse, not tablet. I am 95% sure that the same grid size with and without the extra monitors, but it no likey without them. That doesnt make any sense does it?

Thanks for the thoughts yall.

erikals
04-23-2014, 12:35 AM
ah, two monitors with a Wacom, yes, that'll happen using 2 monitors,
check this >

https://vimeo.com/53549035

erikals
04-23-2014, 12:40 AM
you might also want to check out >

https://vimeo.com/8567716

objuan
05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
This issues is sooo weird.

I hadn't posted in awhile cause I was back at my office and things seemed to be working fine. Recently I have been bringing my laptop to a clients and I have the drag issue again. Trying to change the scale of the scene doesnt seem to have any effect on the issue. Also I have been having the problem in Modeler, where you cant change the scene scale.

I seem to have stumbled on a fix, which is to set the interface to 'tablet', instead of 'mouse'. Despite the fact that I am using my mouse and do not have my wacom attached.
I'm just happy to have it fixed, but it makes no sense?

erikals
05-08-2014, 08:26 PM
strangely i've been having mouse-pause problems on my Win7 with a Wacom, in both Firefox and Modeler...
not sure why... :l

weird stuff...