PDA

View Full Version : The gallery forum section WEBMASTERS..check this and learn from lux/foundry forums

prometheus
04-20-2014, 06:15 PM
well....after some forum cleansing in the general section..making people a little scared and confused etc:) I know..it was a good thing though.
Why not take care of some other stuff? (if possible?...if not? newtek please change provider of the newtek forums!!)

Ivé been in and out ranting about this many many times now, but guys... I donīt loose my hope in you, I believe you guys still listen and want to make a change for a better place:)

I would suggest ..Again! do a better forum section of the Gallery threads, we once had thumbs and that was sort of decent, but for many many months now, we donīt have anything to hint whats in the threads.
Previously I have actually suggested to get the thumbs back, but visiting the lux/foundry forums again made me think twice...why not copy the main design of how they display it, they have
the main gallery forum, open it and you do not get small thumbs next to a list of threads, you actually get a nice small web gallery placed side by side and not only listed as thumbs, and I do think that looks better.

So if you guys donīt fix the Gallery section with itīs completly worthless thumbnails as it is now, I have no clue to what those icons are useful for really? I will get back later again to remind you guys.:devil:
Meanwhile...please do take a look at these forums how it could look like, just do a little different design and it will look much better over here and probably much awaited for and appreciated too.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/forum.aspx?f=9

Their gallery forum section is split in a 5x5 rows/columns and the thumbnails for each thread is 240x135 pixels and way larger than the old lightwave thumbs, wich we donīt have anymore that is.

Michael

chikega
04-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Agreed. The lightwave Gallery is not visual at all. It's such a bore to click through each and every link to see what's inside. A more visual solution would be much more appealing.

lertola2
04-20-2014, 10:34 PM
The zbrush main forum just got a very nice overhaul that turns it into a very nice gallery also. I like how the width of the thumbnails are scaled to the column width but the height of the thumbnails is not constrained. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbcinfinite.php

vector
04-20-2014, 11:07 PM
+10

bazsa73
04-21-2014, 05:38 AM
Do something Rob please!

hrgiger
04-21-2014, 06:47 AM
it would be nice to have a top row of recent gallery images for forum front page. But yes, thread thumbnails for gallery would be nice.

zapper1998
04-21-2014, 09:45 AM
+2500001

:)

Hail
04-21-2014, 10:19 AM
1+!
The gallery has lost its appeal:(
So this is badly needed

calilifestyle
04-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Yeah i've been waiting and asking for a better gallery since they updated the forum templates. i Kind stopped going into the gallery post.

I also like the way 3d-coat has theirs set up.

prometheus
04-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah i've been waiting and asking for a better gallery since they updated the forum templates. i Kind stopped going into the gallery post.

I also like the way 3d-coat has theirs set up.

Yes...same here, I kind of stopped visiting the gallery forum post too, well...sometime I check in, but Iīm sure that I ...and many more members here simply miss to check some gallery posts, because we do not get a good feedback on whatīs in the thread posts, other than
checking them all, which makes it tedious.

Michael

Daphne
04-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Yeah, what they said. Please.

Waves of light
04-24-2014, 03:09 AM
This has been required for a long time now.

Lewis
04-24-2014, 06:22 AM
yeah would be nice, especially after so many times users requested it in several years.

Ztreem
04-24-2014, 07:37 AM
+1... 000! I would also suggest to just have a gallery for finished and one for WIP and get rid of the LW 11 gallery, it's just confusing.

prometheus
04-24-2014, 07:50 AM
+1... 000! I would also suggest to just have a gallery for finished and one for WIP and get rid of the LW 11 gallery, it's just confusing.

I think that is a good idea too, Iīts to much confusion with too many galleries..canīt really see a point to split galleries by lightwave versions, they could instead just have that as a required note maybe on the Main official gallery.

Michael

allabulle
04-24-2014, 08:59 AM
+1