PDA

View Full Version : Triple PIP

puzle
04-20-2014, 10:10 AM
We just picked up the TC410 and had made the assumption that it would be easy to do a 3 or 4 PIP as we have 4 video inputs. From what I can tell it is not straight forward but possible.
For our show we have 3 video feeds (studio, Google Hangout/Skype and another Google Hangout/Skype) it is a talk show of sorts where we would like to be able to switch from full screen, 2 pip and then 3 pip. I had thought that a Virtual set would work well but it looks like it is limited to 2 video feeds for the TC410.

I think that I can create something that would work with a DSK but I'm not sure how to have all the shots ready so that it would be easy to switch during the live show.

Does anyone have any advice or links to some samples or documentation for this? I have been searching on Google and found little. I did find something about a Decimator Quad card but that seems over kill as I would expect that this is a typical requirement.

kanep
04-20-2014, 09:54 PM
A virtual sets on the 410 have 2 layers, but there is also a Keyer which can support video (it doesn't have to contain an alpha channel). This would give you a 3rd video channel in a M/E. The keyer will always be the topmost layer and has positioning controls so you can make it fit anywhere on the screen. If you wanted a 4th layer, then you would have to use a DSK.

The full screen would be each source by themselves. Then you can have different M/E setup for the different Google Hangout/Skype setups or you could also change the layers & keyer in the M/E as well to put any combinations that you need together.

Don't forget that you have macros that can perform multiple functions instantly if you need that to make it all work.

puzle
04-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the quick reply and answer. This is what I was hoping as I have other tasks that I have to manage so was hoping I could write macros and get the switching down quickly.