PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Dynamics Question

jnddepew
04-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Hi, I am doing a logo animation in which the logo crashes into a floor of cement and fractures it. Fractured pieces move for about a second and then settle.
However, I can't seem to get the pieces of "cement" to stop twitching after all other movement has stopped. Anyone know how I can make the fractured Parts Body pieces stand still after they settle?
thank you in advance for any help!

prometheus
04-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi, I am doing a logo animation in which the logo crashes into a floor of cement and fractures it. Fractured pieces move for about a second and then settle.
However, I can't seem to get the pieces of "cement" to stop twitching after all other movement has stopped. Anyone know how I can make the fractured Parts Body pieces stand still after they settle?
thank you in advance for any help!

Thatīs a sort of a general issue in many apps to deal with, lightwave released chronosculpt to help aid fixing things like that, but of course we all want to fix it inside of lightwave.
in the dynamics world properties, you can raise your dynamic fps, that migh help and give more accurate simulations, but it will also be slower to calculate.

It could also be due to a number of things in other settings, with friction bouncing or damping or type of shape mode etc, but that is sort of impossible to say unless you post the scene sample.

Also try to keep the objects you are using at the recomended sizes, objects should also have thickness at some times... ..and be sure to go through the manual of the bullet system.

Michael