PDA

View Full Version : Save out Flocking Sequence

Airwaves
04-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I created a flocking animation in layout to test how flocking works. I have been following tutorials and when I add it to a space scene I get errors and cannot get it to work. When I just open a totally new scene I can get it to work and wanted to know if you can save out that flocking sequence and load it into another scene? Can Lightwave do this? If so how do you do it. Thank you

Thomas Leitner
04-17-2014, 02:25 AM
After calculated your flocking, you can save out your cache. Then you can load this cache to another flocking generator (in another scene).
There is a little bit strange behavior: I can only load the cache file to a new flocking generator if I have calculated once (LW 11.5).

Another, maybe usefull way is to save out a PFX file (you can do that under the Properties tab of the flocking generator) and load it to a partigon emitter (you can do that under the File tab in the FX_Emitter properties). Now you can move your emitter to the position that you need (you have to set the Playback Mode to "Key"). And you can also use EditFX to change flocking paths if you need.

ciao
Thomas

Airwaves
04-17-2014, 10:46 AM
After calculated your flocking, you can save out your cache. Then you can load this cache to another flocking generator (in another scene).
There is a little bit strange behavior: I can only load the cache file to a new flocking generator if I have calculated once (LW 11.5).

Another, maybe usefull way is to save out a PFX file (you can do that under the Properties tab of the flocking generator) and load it to a partigon emitter (you can do that under the File tab in the FX_Emitter properties). Now you can move your emitter to the position that you need (you have to set the Playback Mode to "Key"). And you can also use EditFX to change flocking paths if you need.

ciao
Thomas

Thank you for your help. Those will work quite nicely for what I am planning on doing, especially the partigon emitter.