PDA

View Full Version : Morph Mixer In Layout

firstsingle
11-21-2003, 01:15 AM
Hello all. I'm new to this here part of town. The name is firstsingle. I'll keep it short.
I've created about 10 Morph Targets for a character i'm using in a project. In Modeler of course. Problem... In layout my computer freezes when I try to add the Morph Mixer Plug-In. (Just on this one Model:( Once I left It on over night and 6 hours later. Still no luck. Help!
I'll send the file to whoever thinks they can help me. A stranger, yes. but Cool. Oh Yeah you might need some info right.
(My Platform\ Mac G4\ OSX 10.2.8\ LW 75.c)
[email protected]

toby
11-21-2003, 01:40 AM
So Morph Mixer works with other models? Sounds like a bad model, you could delete all morph maps (save a new file first of course ) and see if it loads after that. If so, then try it again with half the maps, and so on until you find the bad one.

good luck

firstsingle
11-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey. Thanks "dude" Toby.That sounds like really solid advice. I'm on it and I'll let you know how It goes.
Peacer!

Triple G
11-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Check the naming convention of your morphmaps. To avoid trouble, I always use the "morphgroup.morphname" format.

For example, if you have morphs for the eyes opening and closing, I would name them "eyes.open" and "eyes.closed". If you mix and match naming conventions....say for example you named one "eyes.open" and the other simply "closed", Lightwave has a tendency not to like it and morphmixer will sometimes crash.

firstsingle
11-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey Dudes Toby and Triple G. I took both of you guys advice. Deleted the maps first and paid closer attention to naming my morphs. I loaded that baby back up In Layout and the Morph Mixer Plug-In works just fine.
Thanks for the super fast response.

toby
11-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Cool !
glad it worked out
just imagine if I hadn't said 'good luck' :D

firstsingle
11-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Hehehe. Imagine that.