PDA

View Full Version : Please please please update configure menus/keys search function

Simon-S
04-15-2014, 03:27 AM
Currently the search function for key and menu configs is really terrible. I was trying to set a key short cut for 'Band Saw Pro' (as it is displayed in the multiply menu) and you'd think that typing in exactly that would get me to where I need to be but it's not found.

After several attempts with different configurations it turns out I have to search for 'BandSaw Pro' to find the tool I want.

It would be great to see a more intelligent search function implemented so you don't have to type in the exact key configuration of the thing you're looking for.

Danner
04-15-2014, 03:45 AM
The problem is that the name displayed in the menu can be changed to anything you want, and some of the basic funcions have been renamed for clarity and as such they are different from the base command. What you can do is just search for "saw" and you'd find it.

Simon-S
04-15-2014, 04:01 AM
The issue is knowing that you have to search for 'saw'. It takes several attempts with different combinations to work out what you need to enter into the search text field.

04-15-2014, 04:39 AM
How about motify?

Hahaha, that one is stuck in obscurity!

Yes, they should make it a bit more modern as they have the tools to do so.

omichon
04-15-2014, 04:48 AM
It would be great to see a more intelligent search function implemented so you don't have to type in the exact key configuration of the thing you're looking for.
Completely agree with that. A less basic Search function would be welcome (filtering the plugin list to display only matching names as you type and a previous/next button to find the previous/next occurrence will make me happy for sure). I tend to rely on Notepad++ search to find the name of a plugin in the config file...that's the LW spirit ;)