PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not getting Newtek forum post updates?

lardbros
04-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Hey everyone!

For a few weeks now I've not been getting emails from the forum when people reply to my subscribed threads...
Is this something that's gone wonky with my account, or is it a global thing?

Has anyone else had this?

I've made sure they're not being blocked by my email provider... But I'm not sure what has changed in the last few weeks!

Thanks
Tim

prometheus
04-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Yes Me too...:(

I actually created a thread about that too, http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?140969-My-thread-subscriptions-no-longer-sends-any-notifications-by-mail-when-someone-reply

and yes..my notifications to my mailbox stopped the very first of april, feels like some april fools prank.
My mailbox is now clean..maybe thatīs a good thing:) I have tried uncheck and check again, I recently changed to notify by daily mail instead of instant, but nothing...I then sent a mail to the support, and I think beeve said he would forward it and see what was going on, but havenīt heard anything since then.

I now go to settings and subscription folders in my account here on the forums to check wich threads are updated, thatīs the best I can do for now, the rest seems to be something wrong with the forum server mail system not being able to recognize the mail in question.

I think they need to manually uncheck and check or re add the the registred mail in their server list, thatīs out of our control...and it wouldnīt matter how we set the mail notification, it might work to change email and create a new one, but who wantīs to mess with that.

Michael

lardbros
04-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Sorry prometheus, I never saw your original thread.

I thought I'd been going mad... but nope... seems there are quite a few with the same issue.

I tried this morning, setting another email address as my forum notification, and now I'm getting emails...

I then set it back to my hotmail account, and never got the activation email through... so it must be Microsoft blocking mail from Newtek or something??

Is everyone else on Hotmail?

SBowie
04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
I just wanted to mention, apropos of this thread, that I reported these problems to MIS a week or so ago. As yet, no improvement, but I thought you'd like to know.

prometheus
04-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I just wanted to mention, apropos of this thread, that I reported these problems to MIS a week or so ago. As yet, no improvement, but I thought you'd like to know.

Thanks SBowie, guess we need to have patience for a while, I will go to my subscribed threads and check updates that way, though having email notification helps me to jump in and actually help giving answers
as soon as someone post anything in the forums, that will not work that way now, so itīs important we somehow get a fixing of this.

messing with new mail accounts and all the password security nowadays isnīt my idea of fun, so I wonīt even try that.

SBowie
04-15-2014, 12:43 PM
guess we need to have patience for a while ...Oh, I wasn't intending to curb discussion, just to say it's not falling entirely on deaf ears. Feel free to be impatient (but really, more detail is always good, as more add their experience). ;)

Chuck
04-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Bumping this to make it easier to find after all the thread moves.

prometheus
04-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Bumping this to make it easier to find after all the thread moves.

Good thing, obviously you had your cup of coffe this day or something based on the latest activity from you here:)
good to clean up the threads perhaps, to many threads that actually could/should be in other areas rather than general discussion, previously I often myself just posted "3d news" in the general section and not in third party where it might belong.
Actually I could think of a section called 3/graphics general news.

Still no resolve of this issue though, my mailbox is still empty.

Michael

lardbros
04-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Prometheus, did you say whether it was a Hotmail address you were struggling with?

I've changed my address on here to my 1and1 email, and they're coming through now!

prometheus
04-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Prometheus, did you say whether it was a Hotmail address you were struggling with?

I've changed my address on here to my 1and1 email, and they're coming through now!

yes my mail is a hotmail adress....but it has always been, and it shouldnīt be neccessary to change my mail for this, at least I will not add another adress with more passwords and accounts to account for.
it worked before, and unless webmasters or the bulletin owners made something special to exclude hotmail in their server mail accounts I see no reason to change it.
someone in charge must take the responsibility to track down the issue, and report back...or better yet, just fix it.

have you trie to re-enter you first original mail again ..or is that in fact what you did?

Michael

lardbros
04-20-2014, 03:54 AM
I don't mean you SHOULD change it... It's just if you were annoyed at not getting the notification emails, you can change it to a different one that isn't Hotmail.

I never even thought that it might be the Newtek forum's fault... I just thought it was a Microsoft Hotmail thing.
Even the notification email from the forum when I change my email address back to Hotmail, that doesn't even come through.

prometheus
04-20-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't mean you SHOULD change it... It's just if you were annoyed at not getting the notification emails, you can change it to a different one that isn't Hotmail.

I never even thought that it might be the Newtek forum's fault... I just thought it was a Microsoft Hotmail thing.
Even the notification email from the forum when I change my email address back to Hotmail, that doesn't even come through.

well..donīt know where the fault lies, I can tell you that other subscriptions sent out from diverse job ads and career sites do send out emails through their system and in to my mailbox everyday, so I donīt think
itīs a microsoft hotmail thing, I believe it has something to do with this bulletin forum system really...but thatīs only a hunch I have..nothing more.
Maybe one should head over to the lux/foundry forums and test it?

someone willing to add a reply here?
http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=32&t=83400&page=0#752754

Michael

prometheus
04-21-2014, 08:16 AM
well, I am not that active in the lux/foundry forums, but I do have an account over there so when I occasionally do jump in ..and someone answers in the threads, I do get notifications in to my mailbox, so I seriously doubt it has anything to do with microsoft or my hotmail, I suspect it being something with the supplyer of this bulletin forum and itīs server accounts where our mail adresses are stored, that simply donīt update properly.
the modo discussion forums works for me anyway with the same mail.

Michael

prometheus
04-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Webmasters!!

Any news or feedback on how resolving the issue here on the forums regarding itīs failure to send out email notifications when someone replies on the threads?

I still do not get Any email at all to my mailbox, and as mentioned the fault doesnīt seem to have anything with my mail account on hotmail, at least it is working on the luxology/foundry forums when someone replies.

Michael

eagleeyed
04-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Hey there.
I am receiving them all perfectly as-well to my own mail server.
My day job is working for an internet provider (3D is just a hobby for me) and I am also going to point the blame at Hotmail/Outlook (whatever its called now) as we occasionally run into these issues ourselves.
My guess is that one too many users in Hotmail have marked the notification emails as Junk/Spam instead of unsubscribing to them or NewTek's mail server IP has been blocked by an automated system on Microsofts end due to receiving too many emails from it in a certain period/systems classified as spam etc.

However, just checked the IP that I receive the notifications from and it is not on any blacklists - http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a68.168.104.68&run=toolpage

The definitive answer will come from the rejection/bounceback email that Newtek are receiving if any as that will have the answer, whether server not reachable or blocked by receiver.

If it indeed does turn out that they are blocked by Hotmail after looking at rejection emails if they are being recieved, NewTek will likely need to fill this form out to get the ball rolling: https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl3&ct=eformts&scrx=1

Not typically the quickest process though, and have to be quite detailed in your response.

prometheus
04-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Hey there.
I am receiving them all perfectly as-well to my own mail server.
My day job is working for an internet provider (3D is just a hobby for me) and I am also going to point the blame at Hotmail/Outlook (whatever its called now) as we occasionally run into these issues ourselves.
My guess is that one too many users in Hotmail have marked the notification emails as Junk/Spam instead of unsubscribing to them or NewTek's mail server IP has been blocked by an automated system on Microsofts end due to receiving too many emails from it in a certain period/systems classified as spam etc.

However, just checked the IP that I receive the notifications from and it is not on any blacklists - http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a68.168.104.68&run=toolpage

The definitive answer will come from the rejection/bounceback email that Newtek are receiving if any as that will have the answer, whether server not reachable or blocked by receiver.

If it indeed does turn out that they are blocked by Hotmail after looking at rejection emails if they are being recieved, NewTek will likely need to fill this form out to get the ball rolling: https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl3&ct=eformts&scrx=1

Not typically the quickest process though, and have to be quite detailed in your response.

Dont think thatīs the issue or blocking from hotmail, Im not sure how many have this issues, so far only I and one more have jumped in and said that this issue started around the first of april this year.

And if so....why would a few specific users not recieve any mails, while a lot of others do? Im sure there are more here than just two using hotmail service, and to my knowledge I have never myself marked anything from newtek as spam.

lardbros
04-30-2014, 12:59 AM
So... After opening a Microsoft support call, and them taking well over a week to get back to me, despite saying it should only take 24hrs, they've said it's this :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/why-are-the-emails-sent-to-microsoft-account/b64e3e4a-0d93-40c8-8e28-4be849012f9c

So, guess Newtek need to sort this out.
I've just changed my email address to my other one... Realise that's annoying, but at least I'm getting my emails!

prometheus
04-30-2014, 05:46 PM
So... After opening a Microsoft support call, and them taking well over a week to get back to me, despite saying it should only take 24hrs, they've said it's this :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/why-are-the-emails-sent-to-microsoft-account/b64e3e4a-0d93-40c8-8e28-4be849012f9c

So, guess Newtek need to sort this out.
I've just changed my email address to my other one... Realise that's annoying, but at least I'm getting my emails!

I got http://www.spamhaus.org/ and it has the spamhaus project, I was directed to the blocklist removal center ..and my ip adress was not found in the SPL (spamhouse block list)

But it was found in the PBL but that is in fact quite common, the question here is if I should go on and remove my IP from that PBL list or not?
Anyone with more insight on this? on the PBL self service removal?

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/removal/

prometheus
05-05-2014, 02:37 AM
for webmasters? no news on the issue here?

What should I do? is it upon me to contact microsoft..if it even is there fault? do I have to change my email to something else and mess with two different mail accounts or what? or should I just wait til better days? and hope you guys sort it out?

I still get nada in my mailbox from these forums, when someone replies.

Michael

daforum
05-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Not getting any recent emails either. Sent 2 now in the past week ( one 5 minutes ago! ) and both not arrived.
I thought this was fixed??

EDIT: just tried emailing this page and still nothing!?

prometheus
05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
I so wish they never did the change on the bulleting forums they did some time ago, not to say the issue could occour anyway..but thereīs so many things now I dislike about the forums unfortunatly.

no thumbnail gallery,(think most of us have been complaining about that for several months) Im also getting logged out after some minutes, and I do not get any email what so ever from the threads..

In the luxology/foundry forums you have the thumbnails(also very nicely done in a full overview page and not only thumbs), and you can be logged in very very long, and I get my emails from them...isnīt it enough they have quite a lot of features in there in modo that we lightwave users dont..we canīt let the forums slack after too:D :devil:

First I hope some of the webmasters notice this and try to check out what the issues can be, itīs no enjoyable experience to use the forum any more, next..just check some of my suggestions on how to improve these forums and we might start to see some light in the end of this tunnel:)

Michael

Mr Rid
06-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I am still not receiving notifications.

prometheus
06-08-2014, 06:50 PM
I am still not receiving notifications.

You too? since when?
for me it happened very typicly on the aprils fools day this year, and I still donīt get any email notification at all whenever someone posts in threads I subscribe to, mailbox is pretty clean though...donīt know if that could be viewed at as a good thing, the bad thing is that I loose interest in being active on these forums nowadays.

Mr Rid
06-15-2014, 03:11 AM
I have not received notifications for months.

djwaterman
06-15-2014, 05:03 AM
Me either.

prometheus
06-15-2014, 06:59 AM
yep...same here still, and no one seems to know what to do either.

lardbros
06-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Nor me... So changed my email address on here where the responses get sent to.

Apparently it's a Microsoft issue, but Newtek need to sort it out. Their sites are seen as untrustworthy due to the number of people who have chosen to "spam" their emails.

Totally down to Newtek to get in touch with Microsoft and prove their not spamming unnecessarily!

prometheus
06-15-2014, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE
Totally down to Newtek to get in touch with Microsoft and prove their not spamming unnecessarily![/QUOTE]

Agreed, they got to move the butts up from the chair first though ..and get back here telling us itīs under process.

lardbros
06-16-2014, 06:53 AM
Sorry, poor english... should be "... and prove they're not spamming unnecessarily!" Not their... durrrr!

:screwy:

Mr Rid
07-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I have checked with my provider, and nothing on my end appears to be filtering out the NT emails. I dont understand what is going on.

prometheus
07-10-2014, 06:07 PM
I have checked with my provider, and nothing on my end appears to be filtering out the NT emails. I dont understand what is going on.

No one does, either newtek forum guys should have taken action if they knew, or they are simply doing what the cat does when not interested as you know:)...still nothing in my mailbox, good news is that I got a cleaner mailbox, and can spend time elsewhere rather on these forums.

Michael

lardbros
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
It's Microsoft blocking Newtek emails because they've had a certain number of Newtek's domain be marked as spam by Hotmail users... It's down to Newtek to do the ground work with Microsoft and get themselves unblocked!

I've just changed my email over to my personal one rather than Hotmail, until Newtek get it sorted.

prometheus
07-27-2014, 07:06 AM
As of today, opened my hotmail and now it was overcrowded with 5 new replies to this forum, seems to be back and working again:)
I have done nothing so it must be microsoft or newtek that has done something.

Michael

Mr Rid
07-27-2014, 05:01 PM
I began getting a few notifications again too.

lardbros
07-28-2014, 06:24 AM
I began getting a few notifications again too.

Bingoooooo!!

Only took 4 months of whinging! :D

50one
07-28-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm still not getting any emails...

Snosrap
07-28-2014, 06:43 PM
It's spotty for me.

BeeVee
07-29-2014, 03:45 AM
Hmm, now I come to think of it, I'm not getting any either...

B

daforum
07-29-2014, 05:12 AM
Still not getting any either, and I'm on Hotmail too!

prometheus
07-29-2014, 09:33 AM
something has definitely happened anyway, since Mr Rid and I suddenly got the notifications, it would could be worth to go in and change the preference settings of notifications, just to make sure that part is covered for a starter, maybe turn it off and then turn it on again.