PDA

View Full Version : More than 1 keyframe moves when only one is selected

jboudreau
04-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi Guys

I was testing to find out about this duplicate key frame bug and came across something. In the scene I provided I have a null with a bunch of key frames. If I go to move the null on frame 22 then the key frame on frame 20 moves as well. This doesn't make sense to me because if I click on frame 20 and move it then only the key frame on frame 20 moves but when I go back to frame 22 only key frame 22 moves 20 doesn't move this time.

Steps to reproduce this possible bug

open scene
go to frame 22
move the null on frame 22 (you should see keyframe 22 and 20 moving at the same time
now go to frame 20
move the null on frame 20
now go back to frame 22
move the null on frame 22 (now only keyframe 22 moves and 20 stays put)

Could someone please try this scene and let me know if you guys get the same results and if so is this a bug or is this how it should work

Update:

Scene test3.lws is even worse.

if you go to frame 32 and move the null now 2 keyframes move. so now moving 1 key frame moves 2 others.

Thanks,
Jason

djwaterman
04-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Those frames that are moving, if you look on the graph editor they only have key-frames on their X value. So that leaves them free to be effected by the movement of the other keys in the bezier curve.

jboudreau
04-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Those frames that are moving, if you look on the graph editor they only have key-frames on their X value. So that leaves them free to be effected by the movement of the other keys in the bezier curve.

Hi

I noticed there was a keyframe in the x channel as well, I was just getting ready to update my post. Thanks for the reply and the explanation. Totally makes sense now. I need to make sure their are key frames on the position channels of frame 20 so when I move the null on frame 22 the keyframes on 20 won't move.

Thanks,
Jason