PDA

View Full Version : Particles size over time (instancing)

Taro Yoshimoto
04-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi, how do I change the size of my instances over time (particles life) when using an emitter??

I cannot find it anywhere... suppose to be basic no?

prometheus
04-11-2014, 06:00 PM
you have to go to nodes...se image and node flow, in this case I have made a morph from a child to a grown up man, it works sort of, but not exactly the way I want, the first particle birth is growing from a small particle size, and with the object child..then later in the frame it morphs to an old man, the following newly created particles will spawn with right particle and object size, but it will unfortunatly have the morph of the old man from start, so I would probably have to see if mdd would be better to use with some offset in time.

Anyway, this setup might work for you otherwise.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=121394&d=1397260795

Michael

prometheus
04-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Ohh..I used the dp_kit free from dpont, not the standard particle info node.
Also..what doesnīt show in the image, I forgot..double click the particle info node, make sure to choose the emitter, set it to index, and object clones.

Michael

Taro Yoshimoto
04-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Thanks Prometheus, I still didnt have time to check it out but I will soon and get back to you.

Sensei
04-14-2014, 07:30 AM
Prometheus, when I am trying your setup in scene with 7600 instances, I have instant deadlock after plugging Age -> Scale Min.. Have to shut down Layout from Process Manager.

3rd try, LW crashed this time.

prometheus
04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Prometheus, when I am trying your setup in scene with 7600 instances, I have instant deadlock after plugging Age -> Scale Min.. Have to shut down Layout from Process Manager.

3rd try, LW crashed this time.

I myself havenīt tried that many, are you testing on 32 bit or 62 bit versions?, I get crashes with 32 bit using over 6 millions of particles, but that is only particles itself with hv sprites, I can get that working without crashing on 64 bit.
But adding instancing with 1 millions on particles and instances..I wonder where it wil chrash, and as you have experienced, 7600 was tough, might depend on actual geometry also perhaps.

Michael