PDA

View Full Version : NAB 2014 3Play news

SBowie
04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Some details here re: 3Play advancements announced at NAB (including a new model): http://www.newtek.com/products/3play-4800/new-in-3play-4800.html

A few mentions in this short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMRFmNekCRY

SBowie
04-09-2014, 02:05 PM
This news page has some details, too: http://www.jigsaw24.com/news/news/12360-nab-2014-newtek-unveils-transformed-3play-product-family-starting-at-9995/

adebats
04-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Nice to see some activity here - any chance of a list of what the upgrade brings for existing 4800 users. Can I request Newtek stop lowering prices and annoying your early adopters who paid full whack :)

kanep
04-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Planned features in the 4800 update.

- Macro + MIDI: Build macros to perform multi-step functions, then access them from your keyboard, 4800CS or MIDI device. Make multiple step functions on 3PLAY or build in features like a 'Click Effects' player to instantly run clips on a output (aka DE-FENCE or GO TEAM clips). Also build 'simple' interfaces for a ref to control the system for officiating review.

- DSK: Each output allows you to overlay an alternate replay angle, game clock or graphic (like a replay flag) over the output. The DSK can be sized, positioned and cropped.

- Network inputs, supports iVGA and other AirSend graphics systems as inputs to use with DSKs. There are two telestration systems coming out that connect by the Network input and could be used with 3PLAY for those 'John Madden/video chalkboard' like effects.

- Animation buffer support to use with the DSKs (same animated buffers found on the TriCaster PRO line systems).

- Automatic Color Correction: for outdoor sporting events, setup your cameras at the start of the event and automatic color correction will keep the levels similar while the lighting conditions change. This is can be setup on a per camera basis and you can choose which cameras will 'pool' their data for the best color correction information.

- Smart EcoSystem support: Allow new TriCaster Pro systems to control 3PLAY over the network, for example your TC operator can trigger 3PLAY to play and stop replay events or change playback speed all from remote control.

- Carbonite and AMP support, now 3PLAY can even be controlled from other systems.

- Video Router Support, BMD Videohub and Grass Valley protocols are supported.

- Single Pane View: one larger view that shows CLIP LIST or PLAY LIST instead of both at the same time (I really like this feature!)

- Undo/Redo.

- Dual Display Port outputs, the second HDMI and VGA on the back of the 4800 can be used as additional outputs.

- Grab Stills and auto upload to Twitter or Facebook.

- Import CSV files into 3PLAY tagging system.

This is a free upgrade for 4800 users. The price of the 4800 didn't change, but we are going to release a new model 3PLAY 440, which has the feature set of the 4800, but with only 4 inputs max (instead of 8 max or 4 channels of redundant recording).

SBowie
04-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Can I request Newtek stop lowering prices and annoying your early adopters who paid full whack :)Sure - you can request anything you like. ;)

SBowie
04-12-2014, 12:14 PM
DSK: Each output allows you to overlay an alternate replay angle, game clock or graphic (like a replay flag) over the output. The DSK can be sized, positioned and cropped.This grew out of frequent user requests for a game clock overlay, and I think it turned into something that really boosts the productivity of the system. I especially like that the clock isn't burnt into the clip, as some other systems do, and can be repositioned at any time.

Single Pane View: one larger view that shows CLIP LIST or PLAY LIST instead of both at the same time (I really like this featureOne of my favorites too. It makes things so much easier. And to make it even better, you can drag clips from a playlist onto the tab for another Playlist or Clip List tab, really very handy.

Import CSV files into 3PLAY tagging system.It's awesome to be able to manage Tags using Excel. :)

adebats
05-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Thanks Kane for a full list - any news when this update is coming ?

kanep
05-12-2014, 07:23 PM
At NAB it was mentioned that they are looking to try to release by end of May. But they will not release it until it is ready...

adebats
05-14-2014, 04:35 PM
cheers buddy !

kanep
06-04-2014, 12:22 AM
New release is available!

http://new.tk/dl