PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

gumshoe
11-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Anybody know where I can download a complete head tutorial?
Not just the simple outline but the complete tut, detail and all.
I would be willing to pay.

Thanks

mrunion
11-20-2003, 06:13 PM
I think www.simplylightwave.com has one.

omeone
11-21-2003, 01:54 AM
There are at least 3 on the tutorial page on this site.
that'll be $50, thanks :)

munky
11-21-2003, 04:59 AM
I'd pop down the shops and buy Inside lightwave 7 as Dan's organic head modelling /texturing and animating chapters are just what the doctor ordered and they come with supporting files on a cd.

regards

paul

gumshoe
11-21-2003, 09:45 AM
I bought Inside LW 7, great book but I dont like the head modeling
tutorial in it. Perhaps it would be better on video? I have the basic
head shape from Simplylightwave.com but there is no detailing.

The box modeling tutorial on this site looks good but again it only
deals with the basic shape, which I already have. The other head
videos on this site are not instructional so much as insightful; meaning
there is no way a beginer is going to know what is going on.

Anyway, I found by texturing the simple poly head I can achieve a
somewhat good result. I also ran across some videos by Todd Grimes and
I might just pick those up.

Thanks

erich
11-21-2003, 10:35 AM
I have both the Todd Grimes DVD and the DVD from Carnera (http://www.carnera3d-seminars.de/) on modelling detaled characters. The Todd Grimes video is on modelling a Superman type cartoon character and the one from Carnera is modeling a pirate game character. Both are very detailed and very well done. Highly recommended.

I definitely think the tut in Inside LW7 is much to difficult for most beginners. As a beginner myself, I had a very hard time folowing it compared to the two videos I mentioned.

SplineGod
11-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Depending on how detailed you want to get I have a whole Course on character modeling, texturing, rigging and animating thats over 60 hrs of quicktime movies and unlimited online support.
I also have a the Next Dimension Tour CD which contains 10 hrs of live demonstrations of many LW tips and tricks as well as a section on modeling heads. Ive been modeling characters for years and teaching it for several years as well.
Check the free tutorials section on my site. I have over 3 hrs of quicktime movies online, some of which show sections of the head modeling. My signature has the links. :)