PDA

View Full Version : Low Poly Modeling

jasonwestmas
11-20-2003, 04:02 PM
I find that subpatch modeling and subdivision is the way to go with high poly count models. Therefore I consider Lightwave an ideal package for doing film quality animation. What about LOW poly video game modeling for realtime animation? I like to work with one polygon at a time some of the time. However, I find the UN-subpatched polygon tools kind of bare skinned. I'd like a tool that allows you to rotate triangles and another that lets you split triangles. Instead, to make a simple modification to the direction a triangle edge is pointing, I have delete it. After the deletion I have to recreate another triangle that has the edges going the right direction but that requires I select three points and hit the 'p' key. Time consuming for just one modification. I was wondering if there was an easier way to model without subpatching and still get the smooth transitions that triangles give you.
Thanks

toby
11-20-2003, 10:14 PM
there's loads of free plug-in tools you can find on Flay.com and elsewhere, for just this kind of thing -