PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to add LW dynamics to an imported .mdd controlled character?

stevegraymusic
04-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I have animated a character in XSI and successfully exported the point oven .mmd and imported it into Lightwave.
Is it possible to apply dynamics in Lightwave or are you limited to whatever the animation is in the .mdd file from XSI?

Thanks

prometheus
04-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I have animated a character in XSI and successfully exported the point oven .mmd and imported it into Lightwave.
Is it possible to apply dynamics in Lightwave or are you limited to whatever the animation is in the .mdd file from XSI?

Thanks

didnīt you try it? :)

I donīt think it will work, then ...what type of dynamic are you trying to apply?

Dodgy
04-05-2014, 05:51 PM
It can work perfectly fine with .mdd. Load your mdd into the displacement plugin MD_Reader, then apply the dynamic you want to affect it after, like clothFX. ClothFX will work on top of the mdd, just make sure you have some value in the Hold Structure like 1000, as this attracts the points to their displaced positions, otherwise clothFX will just do it's own thing and you won't see any of the influence of the .mdd.

stevegraymusic
04-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Dodgy...thanks for the help!! I will give it a try!