PDA

View Full Version : My thread subscriptions no longer sends any notifications by mail when someone reply

prometheus
04-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I can not reply fast now...something is wrong with my forum settings, I do not receive any notifications anymore when someone replies.

it all just stopped a day ago, I have tried to reconfigure my profile, and it says all my subscribed threads are all to be instantly notifying me by mail...but nada.

Michael

raw-m
04-05-2014, 02:13 AM
I've been having this trouble for a while now. Some work, some don't, it's a bit if a lottery. I've noticed I've missed a few posts when revisiting. Annoying.

Sebasvideo
04-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Come to think of it, me too, but just as raw-m, it's not all of them. I still get emails for most of them.

prometheus
04-05-2014, 06:52 AM
I donīt get anything at all, no matter if I manually set a subscription with instant notification ...or if I check all to
send my instant notification. ...unfortunatly it becomes tedious to browse through and keep track of my threads..and when peopley reply..so Iīm thinking of dropping visiting the forums completly for a while,itīs just to tedious otherwise.

Michael

Sebasvideo
04-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Michael, check the general settings again, there might be something you missed the first time, or something that got reset after you set it right. If that doesn't work, send them an email, I'm sure they'll take care of it.

prometheus
04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Michael, check the general settings again, there might be something you missed the first time, or something that got reset after you set it right. If that doesn't work, send them an email, I'm sure they'll take care of it.

have done that several times now Sebastion, doesnīt matter if I reselect all threads and change type to instant notification, which they were set to before bytheway, and itīs all there ...so I canīt do much about that.
Only complain here or send them some mail maybe.

didnīt receive any replies on this thread either, had to manually check if there was any update.

I realized now that the replies to my mail stopped already at April the first, so someone might be pulling the Aprils fools prank on me.

My mailbox is workin otherwise with receiving other mails, last mail from you actually yesterday, I will get back on the clouds later.

lardbros
04-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Sorry prometheus, I never saw this original thread.

I thought I'd been going mad... but nope... seems there are quite a few with the same issue.

I tried this morning, setting another email address as my forum notification, and now I'm getting emails...

I then set it back to my hotmail account, and never got the activation email through... so it must be Microsoft blocking mail from Newtek or something??

Is everyone else on Hotmail?

SBowie
04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
I just wanted to mention, apropos of this thread, that I reported these problems to MIS a week or so ago. As yet, no improvement, but I thought you'd like to know.

lardbros
04-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Cool.... thanks Steve!

Not sure it's a Newtek issue... it seems I'm getting the forum responses via my own personal email address, but not my Hotmail.

I've reported it to Microsoft too, just in case it's something their end?

SBowie
04-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Not sure it's a Newtek issue... it seems I'm getting the forum responses via my own personal email address, but not my Hotmail.OK, thanks. More info is good to have. I've had a few reports of people not receiving notices for subscriptions and the like lately, enough to make me suspect something wonky on our side.