PDA

View Full Version : Switch textures in a folder at render level

cyrus_nk
04-04-2014, 03:58 AM
Hello to all,

I have a model of a shoe with texture maps assigned and let's say i have 5 textures per texture map.

Is there a way or plugin to give the folder of pictures for a defined texture map and LW to give a render for each texture?

Thank you! ^-^

ernpchan
04-04-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't understand what you're asking? Are you asking if you can switch to different image maps during rendering? You could try using an image sequence.

Mastoy
04-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Yep that's what I would do :
Name your textures Image_001.jpg, Image_002.jpg ... etc
Then load your scene, open Image Editor, select your image and set it to "sequence"

cyrus_nk
04-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Yep that's what I would do :
Name your textures Image_001.jpg, Image_002.jpg ... etc
Then load your scene, open Image Editor, select your image and set it to "sequence"

I will have a shoe with a texture map. On that texture map i will have to put like 100 textures. I want to be able to load the shoe, set the 100 textures on that texture map and in the end i want to get 100 renders. (the shoe with the 100 textures).

I am asking for an automation, of course i can load the 100 textures by hand and hit render. ^-^

Thank you very much.

beverins
04-07-2014, 08:55 AM
I will have a shoe with a texture map. On that texture map i will have to put like 100 textures. I want to be able to load the shoe, set the 100 textures on that texture map and in the end i want to get 100 renders. (the shoe with the 100 textures).

I am asking for an automation, of course i can load the 100 textures by hand and hit render. ^-^

Thank you very much.

Just do what the post above says, it should do what you want it to do.

to go over it again..
a) rename your 100 textures into an animated sequence. The trick here is that all the textures have the same UV Mapping coordinates or are otherwise properly fitted to the model. Create a sequence file_0001.ext.. file_0002.ext... file_0003.ext and keep going until file_0100.ext
b) load image, select file_0001.ext and then select sequence.
c) render an animation of the same number of frames. Save out individual frames, not a movie file.

Should now work.

Shnoze Shmon
04-07-2014, 10:19 AM
I think he wants to use a single texture map. He should be able to use an envelope to move the texture around. Basically animate the global position of the texture I think would work.

spherical
04-07-2014, 03:39 PM
I thought that at first, too, but the title of the thread says otherwise.

cyrus_nk
04-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Just do what the post above says, it should do what you want it to do.

to go over it again..
a) rename your 100 textures into an animated sequence. The trick here is that all the textures have the same UV Mapping coordinates or are otherwise properly fitted to the model. Create a sequence file_0001.ext.. file_0002.ext... file_0003.ext and keep going until file_0100.ext
b) load image, select file_0001.ext and then select sequence.
c) render an animation of the same number of frames. Save out individual frames, not a movie file.

Should now work.

Beverins, thank you! You understood my problem. I will try that.