PDA

View Full Version : having an object as a particle emitter?

webshot
11-20-2003, 01:08 PM
I asked this earlier but I figured out part of my question from the first post. BUt I still have yet to figure out how to have an object as a particle emitter. Please help me...

Dodgy
11-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Select your object. Open the properties panel, and go to the geometry tab. Add the emitter custom object, and open the emitter panel. In the nozzle field, choose one of the object-something options.

webshot
11-20-2003, 05:03 PM
thanks I will try that....when if ever this render finishes :) ......I wonder why the book does not show you that. Inside Lightwave and the Book that ships with LW does not.

renderingfarmer
11-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by webshot
...the Book that ships with LW does not.

tut tut. Don't be so quick to lose faith in the holy book. I quote:

"Chapter Seventeen, section 15; Using an Object as an Emitter - You can use a LightWave object as an emitter by adding FX_Emitter as a Custom Object plug-in on the Object Properties panel, geometry tab. You must also use one of the object Nozzle settings discussed below under Emitter Control.

and thus joy spread throughout the land, and NewTek knew that it was very good, for the coming of Lightwave8 was nigh"

Okay whatever. I embellished the end there, and truth be told there is a LOT either missing in the book or only recognized once you can already do it.
Good luck webshot.

webshot
11-21-2003, 12:57 AM
hahahahaha........I must have read this chapter like 3 times, but could not figure out this one part. I guess Iwas reading over that. After you mentioned it I knew exactly where you were. I guess after 17.8 bottom of the page where the cows are. I got frustrated because I was thinking that was the explanation.

Now with that puzzle piece in place I am now the particle king....j/k. Still messing with them tho. Have not gave up faith in the book yet. I just got mine and already it is all highlighted up and dog eared.