PDA

View Full Version : Nevron & Genoma rigs

Ma3rk
03-31-2014, 02:40 PM
I just recently started to dabble with NevronMotion. I won a copy a couple weeks ago at the LA LW User group so had no previous plans to get it. Be that as it may, ya can't just leave a new tool in the box can you?

Anyway, a couple questions have come up using the Nevron_Genoma_Rig. First off, it uses a different Genoma component that is dark blue and this isn't detailed in the docs. I was experimenting on a 3-fingered cartoon character and found that if I delete the 4th finger as is the case in the Rigging the Cube example ion the docs, the resulting rig in Layout ends up w/o any Green controls, only bones. If instead I simply scale down the Ring finger components in Modeler, then the rig creates correctly in Layout.

So, would that be the correct procedure for using the Nevron/Genoma Bi-ped preset for cartoon characters or is there some other preferred editing technique?

Secondly, the Genoma rigs have their own weight map assignments. What's the best technique for using the rig on pre-exisitng models? I tried reassigning the Genoma bones with a models weights in Modeler but with mixed results. Would it be better to remap or create new weights for the model with Genoma's weights instead?

Thanks.

M.

Ryan Roye
03-31-2014, 03:31 PM
So, would that be the correct procedure for using the Nevron/Genoma Bi-ped preset for cartoon characters or is there some other preferred editing technique?

The preferred way is to simply adapt your own rig to the genoma rig so that hand-keyed animation can easily be mixed in with mocap and retargeting and used on different characters without having to save out separate files for every one. This can be achieved through same as item constraints and IKBooster.

Secondly, the Genoma rigs have their own weight map assignments. What's the best technique for using the rig on pre-exisitng models? I tried reassigning the Genoma bones with a models weights in Modeler but with mixed results. Would it be better to remap or create new weights for the model with Genoma's weights instead?

Most if not all the provided Genoma rigs by default have no weight map assignments and are designed that way. If you want to go with the default workflow for Nevron, you'll be adding either hold bones, or weighting the limbs/appendages of the character and assigning the weights by multi-selecting bones and setting the weight map that way. If you have a three-fingered character, you'd basically just set the 4th finger's weight influence to 0% rather than deleting the finger. You can add on top of the genoma nevron rig, but you'll likely run into issues by removing things from it.