PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave ui+

Pages : [1] 2

papou
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi!

*This is a present. This is an experiment. This is a work in progress.*

This is an organizer of Lightwave's panels for Modeler & Layout.

It also improves some points of Lightwave:

- It is possible to use UP and DOWN keys in Scene Editor.

- errors windows rest on top with focus on it.

- It synchronizes the Modeler change in the layout automatically.

Installation Notes:

- First, Close all Layout Windows

- It is necessary to have configured shortcuts like that:

Layout:
- Alt+F1 must be the Classic Scene Editor.
(in Layout Configure Keys > SceneEditor > Classic Scene Editor)

Modeler:
- The key < must be "Synchronize Layout"
(in Modeler Configure Keys > File > Synchronize Layout)
- The key > must be empty. (remove the zoom key)

- TaskBar must be bottom

- then Start LW_UI.exe

- open Menu in the Gray LW Logo in the TaskBar and Set Dual or Single Screen, Modeler Sync and Cpu usage.

I work with it everyday with joy.

Limitations:

- Small screen is not the best. Best is 1200 pixels vertical... 1024 is a minimum.

- Somes windows in both Layout and Modeler have same name (Surface Editor, Image Editor, etc...)
It is better to not have Surface Editor and Image Editor opened in same time in both app... It work but it can be a bit messy .

- It work on single screen and in an only way on dual screen : modeler in the right, Layout in the left screen)

- and Somes windows are still not set. (FiberFx, etc... and smalls ones...)

Options Menu in the Tray Bar:

- You can Choice Dual Screen or Single Screen.
- You can activate the Modeler Synchronisation.
- You can set the Cpu usage: 10 is good for me, 50 less CPU intense, and 2 more responsive.

Download from here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-VU02M3JtZEs4TUE&usp=sharing

MODELER UI+:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9qhv0k2LhA&hd=1

LAYOUT UI+:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSteBJA9LI8

(hmm it seems that videos are cropped at the bottom...)

Have Fun.

(If you have some code skills, some time, and want help on this one. PM me. They are based on Autoit scripting)

spherical
03-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go.

Limitations:

- Somes windows in both Layout and Modeler have same name (Surface Editor, Image Editor, etc...)
It can be a bit messy do it is better to not have them open in same time in both app...

I always have both open in my Layout / left, Modeler / right workflow (panels are on the monitor opposite), so this may prove to be a problem.

papou
03-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Edit 31.03.14

calilifestyle
03-31-2014, 03:47 PM
This looks cool thanks

prometheus
03-31-2014, 04:16 PM
looks interesting, Im watching them on a poor laptop now, will check them later again, if itīs not to messy to install then
I might try it.

something like this Ivé been wanting the lightwave group to work on for the UI, docking windows almost, and expanding collapsing like adobe series ..sort of...or like in cinema4d.

Thanks for this..canīt test it until some days though..I think.

Michael

brent3d
03-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Brilliant!!! Works great. Perfect add-on fo LW. Nice tidy work space, much appreciated.

spherical
03-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Ok, color me confused. I think I followed the install instructions but the panel layouts that I have in Layout and Modeler stick to those positions. IOW, they don't change into the morphing multi-panel format that is in the video. How do I "reset" the panels, so that UI+ does its thing?

papou
03-31-2014, 06:13 PM
If nothing happens, then the LW_UI.exe is probably not started...
Can you see a lightgray Lightwave logo in the taskbar?

LW_Will
03-31-2014, 06:47 PM
um... what does this thing look like? Anybody got a screen grab? Pleeze?

ernpchan
03-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow, very interesting. Does a EULA exist for this?

spherical
03-31-2014, 10:39 PM
If nothing happens, then the LW_UI.exe is probably not started...
Can you see a lightgray Lightwave logo in the taskbar?

Yep, cursor menu and all.

um... what does this thing look like? Anybody got a screen grab? Pleeze?

Complete videos in the first post.

LW_Will
04-01-2014, 02:25 AM
Thanks!

papou
04-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Wow, very interesting. Does a EULA exist for this?

For now, it's free use.
When it become fully complete. It will be part of a commercial studio pro pack. Don't know when. Everybody busy.

papou
04-01-2014, 02:52 AM
Ok, color me confused. I think I followed the install instructions but the panel layouts that I have in Layout and Modeler stick to those positions. IOW, they don't change into the morphing multi-panel format that is in the video. How do I "reset" the panels, so that UI+ does its thing?

Confuse too... Normally, panels starts to organize as soon as you click on the app, button, shortkey something...
You have to wait a bit to see how well it is on others computers....

It work well here. (LW11.6 x64 - Win7pro 64bits)

tayotain2
04-01-2014, 05:59 AM
Tested it and it works well with surface,graph and scene editor. node editor replaces surface editor. i would like to have it on 2nd monitor. Modeler open somewhere on rightside of my main monitor. (my 2nd monitor is on left.) :P Its lost!

win 7 64 /lw 11.6.2

papou
04-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Tested it and it works well with surface,graph and scene editor.

it must works with more panels (motion, bones, prefs, renderglobals, bullet, morph, effets, hv, etc...)

node editor replaces surface editor. i would like to have it on 2nd monitor

Yes node editor works that way: For the moment, there is no Layout on Dual Screen. Only Layout on Left and Modeler on Right. But it is planned to make a real dual screen per app.

Modeler open somewhere on rightside of my main monitor. (my 2nd monitor is on left.) :P Its lost!

Be sure to have the final Lw_UI.exe (replaced in first post)... There is no check of Main monitor, just full screen width divided per 2 with layout on left and modeler in right. Don't understand why the modeler can be lost. Btw, It could be corrected in the future.

calilifestyle
04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
So i couldn't get it to work. but i figured out what was going on. I had to run it as Admin. Since i installed lighwave as admin.

papou
04-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Current Version 1.11

Fixed:
- Samples Window not recognized. (Layout rename Surface Presets to Samples if any surfaces founds.)
- GraphEditor siez in 1200pixels mode
- Modeler Statistics panels resize when editing

Added:
- No Taskbar option
- No TitleBar option

EDIT: Why I can't Edit my first post anymore?

calilifestyle
04-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I have one problem is there a way to tell it which of the duel screens to default to. Layout keeps popping up on the wrong side.

papou
04-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Its planned. I will do that asap. But, for the moment, Layout at Left, Modeler at Right.

papou
04-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Current Version 2.13

Added:
- Dual Screen switch LW/MOD

arsad
04-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks a lot! Great little helper.

Hail
04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Nice...!:)
Looks very handy.
Can the panels be re positioned?

papou
04-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Not at this current state. And i doubt there is many possible combinaison.
But some kind of combinaison will be probably possible in the future like modeler tools at the opposite, etc...
Then after that, it may be possible to think about prefered sets based on users tought. Or giving source code to make yours.

spherical
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Confuse too... Normally, panels starts to organize as soon as you click on the app, button, shortkey something...
You have to wait a bit to see how well it is on others computers....

It work well here. (LW11.6 x64 - Win7pro 64bits)

I think I figured it out, although have yet to test. Our versions of:

- It work on single screen and in an only way on dual screen : modeler in the right, Layout in the left screen)

My Layout is on the left and Modeler on the right. However, as I mentioned above, my panels for each are on the respective opposite monitors, so that I have the full Layout on the left and full Modeler on the right. The panels for each overlay the main window of one that isn't in focus. My supposition is that if I moved the panels back onto the same screen with the application that UI+ would work. That I have all of the available area on each monitor now, I probably won't opt to limit that space. I had hoped that the flexible panels would work on the opposite monitor, as it would save a lot of travel time back and forth to have the panels all in one location. I'll try it out later to confirm that this is why it didn't do anything here.

Just saw the 2.13 update. Sounds as if it may do what I thought.

papou
04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
UI+ don't care about where is your panels: it move them for you where they have to be.
As soon as you click your modeler or layout, it refresh all at the good place.
If it is not working for you, i suppose it is something else.

I plan to do a dual monitor support for each app where the main window is fullscreen with all tools panels in the opposite.
Dont know when.

H_Molla
04-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Thank you very much.

papou
04-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Current Version 2.14

Fixed:
- Surface Editor values wasn't editable. (cause Surface Preset detection workaround. Surface Presets not managed for the moment)
- Exit UI+ when Error message in Layout.

arsad
04-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Cool Thx for the update!

papou
04-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Current Version 2.16

Added:
- Render Display with MetaData at right
- Option to close Image Viewer at end of render.

papou
04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Current Version 2.20

Added:
- Pause LW_UI+
- FiberFx, Flock_Master, Instance Generator Panels supported
- Calculating and Simulating Panels
- Maximising Panels supported
- Icon

Hail
04-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Its coming along nicely Papou

prometheus
04-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks for working on this papou.

I still have to install and test it, however..if I by any chance find it irritating, is it easy to turn off or uninstall?

another thing, I saw someone mentioning window border sizes could be changed for module popups or for all windows system, I coulndīt find any setting to do that in my windows 7 display settings, so was I missinformed or maybe thereīs a setting in lightwave UI customize that handles that?

I would like to shrink window module border frames since there are aprox 3 millimeter on each side and having a few modules up at the time reduces available space of course, for most people it might not matter, but to me it does...the Mac style of windows without any thick borders is what I want..if possible.

Michael

spherical
04-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Windows borders are controlled by Windows. LightWave uses the Windows UI for its panels.

Windows 7 Personalization: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/6283-borders-changing-width-suite-your-needs.html
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 Registry edit: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/8463-border-width-windows-change-windows-8-a.html
or by application that modifies the registry for you: http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.96
Further explanation on both border settings and link to the tweaker: http://www.howtogeek.com/130138/how-to-change-the-window-border-size-in-windows-8/

Mine are:
BorderWidth -5 (default -15)
PaddedBorderWidth -17 (default -60, each -17 is one pixel - some applications don't use BorderWidth, so the border is 1 pixel)

papou
04-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Prometheus,
If Ui+ is irritating, you can pause it by clicking "Pause" in its menu in the taskbar.
If you really do not want to use UI+, just "Exit". Or Just do not start it. No install. No Lightwave config modification. No trouble.
It just an external Exe you start .... or not.

This is the thicker thing you can do with UI+... but it is under construction for the moment (experimental)

prometheus
04-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks papou, that settles it...I will give it a try, but tomorrow.

Thanks spherical, and you know what...I used to know this haha, in windows 2000 maybe and xp, ridiculous that it got lost, not sure if it is because of that it seems more hidden nowadays, weird, I was looking in that area but didnīt find...will check again.

Michael

prometheus
04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
yes...the border padding was it, now my lightwave windows is looking more slim, even though I set it to 0, it still has a little to thick border I think, not quite the same non boarder as mac I guess, but it might be good enough.

and it was located under window color, donīt think it was the same in windows 2000 and xp.

spherical
04-07-2014, 10:00 PM
If you want to further adjust the width, follow the RegEdit Method instructions. The Win7 appearance adjustment only influences one of the two settings. You can get it down to 1 pixel if you like.

geo_n
04-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Hi Prometheus,
If Ui+ is irritating, you can pause it by clicking "Pause" in its menu in the taskbar.
If you really do not want to use UI+, just "Exit". Or Just do not start it. No install. No Lightwave config modification. No trouble.
It just an external Exe you start .... or not.

This is the thicker thing you can do with UI+... but it is under construction for the moment (experimental)

Is there a way to drag expand the ge upwards covering layout slightly when ui+ is active? Then drag again to snap back to original place.

papou
04-08-2014, 05:47 AM
Is there a way to drag expand the ge upwards covering layout slightly when ui+ is active? Then drag again to snap back to original place.

You can maximize the GraphEditor to full screen in several mode for the moment, and minimise it back.
But, for the moment, with the experimental "NoTitleBar" option like the screen capture it is not working .. because there is no Titlebar hahaha.
So i'm still working on another way to propose expanded version like you said.
In the future, i will try to propose different style of maximisation dependant of windows opened.

geo_n
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Just tried it and it works:thumbsup:

Btw it did overwrite my config files. When I closed lightwave first and then lightwave ui+> re-launched lightwave, it kept some window panel settings from lightwave ui+ so I assume lightwave ui+ modified the configs somehow.

prometheus
04-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Just tried it too, first of it was nailing layout and modeler next to each other, and I couldnīt adjust them or remove them, the setup default was a single screen, which I only have, I did check dual screens and then switched back to single screen
..only then the two split layout modeler was corrected..so that was a little messy.
otherwise I can see this helpful at times..and got used to it at certain situations, but in other it was just in the way, when I had to work with nodes in instancer I had issues of moving the nodes, at the end I felt I needed to exit the
program and work as before...so there is a lot that needs to be worked on I guess, the problem is with windows like this ..they still donīt have a collapse/expand menu, which is almost essential for working with windows like this.

would have liked to see the windows manually drag and dockable when minimized, and double click on the bar to restore the current window only that I click on, then the same if I would like to click on the docked window above it, basicly
the adobe docking window method.

will try it some more times later..just to see if itīs a get use to thing or something in the Usability in general that isnīt working for me.

Michael

papou
04-08-2014, 08:19 PM

Btw it did overwrite my config files. When I closed lightwave first and then lightwave ui+> re-launched lightwave, it kept some window panel settings from lightwave ui+ so I assume lightwave ui+ modified the configs somehow.

Lightwave keep some settings because it wrote the config file itself when you quit.
LW_UI+ do not overwrite config files.

papou
04-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Current Version 2.33

Added:
- MorphMixer, MotionMixer
- Load, Save & Clear, Keyboard & Plugins Menus
- RenderQ
- Virtual Studio, Device Manager, Control Booth
- Fx_Browser & All FX Panels

Fixed:
- Detect Screen Number to adjust Modeler Position
- Better use of Node Editor to work with Instance, Surface, Motion, etc...
- Small fix and polish here and there

papou
04-08-2014, 08:51 PM
will try it some more times later..just to see if itīs a get use to thing or something in the Usability in general that isnīt working for me.

Yes please, try again. I fixed point 1 and 2.
and If something go wrong with your workflow, you do not have to quit, you can just pause it.

spherical
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM

LightWave writes all of its config files every time the apps close. All it does is remember where the panel was last; whether you opened it or something else did.

geo_n
04-08-2014, 09:11 PM
LightWave writes all of its config files every time the apps close. All it does is remember where the panel was last; whether you opened it or something else did.

Exactly. So even if lightwave ui+ doesn't do the writing itself, it did rearrange the panels and then lightwave remembers this so its indirect writing.
Just a warning for users that will try lightwave ui+ that it could mess up your old lightwave panel locations. No biggie for me though other users might get disoriented.

brent3d
04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Once again papou excellent tool! Should be a standard part of LW, thanks for the contribution:thumbsup:

geo_n
04-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Possible bug.
http://s30.postimg.org/8qh9284x9/1451_10151515995438806_2139896573_n_cr.jpg
I opened the image editor in modeller. Image editor in layout was closed and never opened.
Also launching modeller from layout button would launch modeller patially offscreen to the right even if I'm using only one monitor.

geo_n
04-08-2014, 09:44 PM
It would launch this way
http://s30.postimg.org/fqi9yansd/halfway.jpg

spherical
04-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Exactly. So even if lightwave ui+ doesn't do the writing itself, it did rearrange the panels and then lightwave remembers this so its indirect writing.
Just a warning for users that will try lightwave ui+ that it could mess up your old lightwave panel locations. No biggie for me though other users might get disoriented.

I had the opposite situation. UI+ opened and closed the panels where I had them set. Didn't do its grouping thing at all.

papou
04-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Exactly. So... Just a warning for users that will try lightwave ui+ that it could mess up your old lightwave panel locations. No biggie for me though other users might get disoriented.
Are? i do not understand why there is a warning here. Most people knows that quitting lightwave with different panel arrangement will be saved when quitting...

Also launching modeller from layout button would launch modeller patially offscreen to the right even if I'm using only one monitor.
This had to be corrected yesterday in the 2.32 version. Are you sure you have it? And it's about first launch of UI+ and screen detection, it not depend from where you start apps.

Possible Bug.
Could you send me this image in PM? or error message in text? It seems that i can't resize it.

I opened the image editor in modeller. Image editor in layout was closed and never opened.
Like i said in First Post, "... Somes windows in both Layout and Modeler have same name (Surface Editor, Image Editor, etc...)
It is better to not have Surface Editor and Image Editor opened in same time in both app... It work but it can be a bit messy ...."
I'm working to find a solution.

papou
04-09-2014, 02:47 AM
I had the opposite situation. UI+ opened and closed the panels where I had them set. Didn't do its grouping thing at all.
For the moment, you seems to be the only one. I'm waiting for other reply with same case to start digging here.

papou
04-09-2014, 03:02 AM
Once again papou excellent tool! Should be a standard part of LW, thanks for the contribution:thumbsup:

Thank you very much. I like this kind of comment to start my day. It is encouraging!
Yes, panels organisation must come with standard Lightwave... I think floating panels of different size looks amateurish...and can be unpleasant to reorganized everytime.
I was waiting for this kind of UI improvement from newtek but it never comes... So i've done mine. (But who knows? Matt is curiously silencious, maybe he is cooking something in secret?)

geo_n
04-09-2014, 03:44 AM
Are? i do not understand why there is a warning here. Most people knows that quitting lightwave with different panel arrangement will be saved when quitting...

This had to be corrected yesterday in the 2.32 version. Are you sure you have it? And it's about first launch of UI+ and screen detection, it not depend from where you start apps.

Could you send me this image in PM? or error message in text? It seems that i can't resize it.

Like i said in First Post, "... Somes windows in both Layout and Modeler have same name (Surface Editor, Image Editor, etc...)
It is better to not have Surface Editor and Image Editor opened in same time in both app... It work but it can be a bit messy ...."
I'm working to find a solution.

Not a warning as in nuclear reactor leak warning. Probably there would be a misinterpretation about the statement that ui+ does not modify the config files. It does indirectly modify it in the end. So better backup config files and paste back to get the old layout back if you want to.
Surface editor and Image editor was not opened in modeller when it happened.
I haven't reproduced it consistently, it happens randomly. Will tplay around with v2.33.

geo_n
04-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Pm you papou. Sorry didnt realize the thumbs were not clickable to enlarge.

Photogram
04-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Hello :)

I'm actually working with 30 inch display and i don't know if it is a reason but all Lightwave windows are flickering in Layout. (only when classic scene editor is visible)

When starting Modeler i get everytime a strange message saying: " Failed to build solid structure. Please unify duplicate polygons. "
Maybe related with a startup script for 3d-coat.

spherical
04-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I have Classic Scene editor open all the time and no flicker on a 27 inch. Is it the windows themselves or what is in them? IOW, do the borders flicker or just the content? I'd look at video settings. What card? If it's content, is there a setting in its driver to force Vsync off?

papou
04-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Size if the screen is not a problem.
Close all panels of layout then launch UI+. Flickering is because UI+ hesitate about what to display. (Cause of multi kind of panels opened.)

About the error message in modeler. It is not UI+ related.

meatycheesyboy
04-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Hello :)

I'm actually working with 30 inch display and i don't know if it is a reason but all Lightwave windows are flickering in Layout. (only when classic scene editor is visible)

When starting Modeler i get everytime a strange message saying: " Failed to build solid structure. Please unify duplicate polygons. "
Maybe related with a startup script for 3d-coat.

I just tried this for the first time yesterday and had similar problems. When certain windows were open (I'm away from my computer so I can't tell you which), everything would flicker and continually resize. Also, when set to dual monitor mode, the program splits the screen real estate in two based on overall pixel width but my two monitors have different resolutions so I end up getting layout on 75% of screen one and modeler on 25% of screen one and all of screen two.

papou
04-10-2014, 04:04 PM
It can't be screen size relative but it must be a bug ... hmm... i will check that

papou
04-11-2014, 03:21 AM
Current version 2.41

Added:
- user mouse mouvement detection to minimize UI refresh

Fixed:
- Modeler and Layout panels with same name difference. (Image, Node, Texture Editors)
- somes flickering fixes.

Photogram
04-11-2014, 07:05 AM
It can't be screen size relative but it must be a bug ... hmm... i will check that

I will try to check if that problem can be a conflict between LW UI and another windows program i use. The other program i use is Display Fusion. This program add small buttons on the title bar of each windows panel, i can do many things with every windows. (send the window to another screen, resize it to any sides of the screen or in a specific corner)

I use Display Fusion since i get a 30 inch monitor. this is so usefull, you never have to drag any windows anymore and if you want to there is a snap option...

I will record my screen and try to send it here ;)

Photogram
04-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Well, i just did the test... and no change...

I quit Display Fusion and many other apps and no change.

All Lightwave windows and content flicker in certain combination..

When opening preferences or graph editor there is no flicker, if i open surface editor, image editor the flicker begin and if i come back to graph editor the flicker stop...

meatycheesyboy
04-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Well, i just did the test... and no change...

I quit Display Fusion and many other apps and no change.

All Lightwave windows and content flicker in certain combination..

When opening preferences or graph editor there is no flicker, if i open surface editor, image editor the flicker begin and if i come back to graph editor the flicker stop...

I just tried v 2.41 as well and I am still having the same problems. If Surface or Image Editor is open the Layout interface flickers and tries to re-size elements over and over. Depending on which window is in focus, the flicker either gets worse or goes away.

I'm also having a problem with Modeler not being limited to the second screen because UI+ is using the absolute monitor real estate and isn't taking into account that different monitors may have different resolutions. This is also causing Modeler's interface to be cut off at the bottom since my second monitor has a lower vertical resolution.

Attached is screen shot I managed to get mid flicker. It's at 75% of my native res so the file is kind of big.

Please let me know if I can provide any information that would help aid you in the further development of this tool as I think it's a really interesting project and want to see it go farther.

papou
04-11-2014, 08:20 AM
... my two monitors have different resolutions so I end up getting layout on 75% of screen one and modeler on 25% of screen one and all of screen two.

ha, i see here a problem: 2 monitors with different resolution is not supported for the moment.
I need to add this warn into installation txt file.

What is your result when you force both screen to same resolution? Or, into single Screen mode?

What i see in your capture, grapheditor is on top of the Layout, so there is a problem of vertical resolution settings. It seems that UI+ is trying to set a higher resolution into a smaller monitor...

Photogram
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
INCREDIBLE!!!!

I found the problem on my system..

It is the Adobe Cloud App for updating adobe products...
That app is visible in the tray and do notification about new adobe products update.
Simply go to tray and right click on cc app and then quit!!!

Now LW UI is working well

meatycheesyboy
04-11-2014, 08:02 PM
INCREDIBLE!!!!

I found the problem on my system..

It is the Adobe Cloud App for updating adobe products...
That app is visible in the tray and do notification about new adobe products update.
Simply go to tray and right click on cc app and then quit!!!

Now LW UI is working well

Just tried it here, same thing. Turn off the Creative Cloud app and LW UI+ stops flickering.

papou
04-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Adobe so evil...

spherical
04-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Invasive, aren't they?

papou
04-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Current Version 2.43

Fixed:
- Graph Editor + Nodes was Flickering
- Start or Close with Surface Editor was crashy.
- Modeler Statistics panels wasn't close
- Modeler Tool Panels fit to small screen too

brent3d
04-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Most usefull LW tool ever!! Simple yet practical... no more messy layout and greatly speeds up workflow. Just awseome.

papou
04-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Current version 2.45
LW_UI_V2.45.zip (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&usp=sharing)

added:
- External Node Editor option for dual screen

papou
04-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Current version 2.47
LW_UI_V2.47.zip
(https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&usp=sharing)

added:
- Save config when exiting.
- Active only when Layout or Modeler are opened.

fixed:
- somes bugs

geo_n
04-22-2014, 12:27 AM
So useful app, thanks for update. I encountered an issue with 2.45 having two layout and one modeller opened. It kept flashing and shuffling the panels.

papou
04-22-2014, 04:01 AM
New vid: 2.47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW7Bmmv6IXI&hd=1

papou
04-22-2014, 08:16 AM
So useful app, thanks for update. I encountered an issue with 2.45 having two layout and one modeller opened. It kept flashing and shuffling the panels.
Sure, only one instance of Layout or Modeler is supported. I will add a warn.

papou
04-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Current version 2.50
LW_UI_V2.50.zip (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-VU02M3JtZEs4TUE&usp=sharing)

added:
- LensFlare Options
- Volumetrics Options

fixed:
- somes bugs
- warn when several instances of LW runned

geo_n
04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
I get warning message from lw+ when I run yahoo messenger that only one lightwave is supported. :D
But there's no lightwave running at all.

papou
04-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Current version 2.55 (final)
LW_UI_V2.55.zip (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&usp=sharing)

added:
- Dope Editor Support
- No TitleBar Modeler
- No TitleBar no more experimental.

fixed:
- somes final fixes
- better detection of several instances

papou
04-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Most usefull LW tool ever!! Simple yet practical... no more messy layout and greatly speeds up workflow. Just awseome.

Thank you brent3d! i couldn't expect a better comment!

brent3d
05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Thank you brent3d! i couldn't expect a better comment!
Your welcome papou. For those who haven't used papou's LW UI tool you should, a controlled neat auto-arranging interface gives LW the polish it deserves....can't imagine working without it now.

arsad
05-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Your welcome papou. For those who haven't used papou's LW UI tool you should, a controlled neat auto-arranging interface gives LW the polish it deserves....can't imagine working without it now.

Where is the like button when you need it !? ;)

papou
05-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Current version 2.56
LW_UI_V2.56.zip (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&usp=sharing)

added:
- Start Lightwave if not detected (LW_UI.exe must be into the same folder as Layout.exe)

arsad
05-11-2014, 01:41 AM
cool, nice one.
So with a proper named shortcut one can start both LWUI and layut, with one double clic. Great!
thank you Papou!

JohnMarchant
05-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Papou, i have dedicated fonts setup for my LW shortcuts, does this take these into account. Means i can get more words on the button and also i find it a better font.

My shortcuts are like this "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 11.6.3\bin\Layout.exe" -f"Segoe UI [email protected]"

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 11.6.3\bin\Modeler.exe" -f"Segoe UI [email protected]"

papou
05-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Papou, i have dedicated fonts setup for my LW shortcuts, does this take these into account. Means i can get more words on the button and also i find it a better font."

I will think about a way to keep lightwave shortcut user options.
For the moment, If LW_UI.exe is not in the Lightwave Programs Folder then it will not try to start Layout.
So You can still start them independently to keep your Shortcut config.

kopperdrake
05-12-2014, 04:27 AM
This looks interesting. If I've understood correctly - it doesn't support two monitors of differing resolutions yet?

JohnMarchant
05-12-2014, 04:58 AM
I will think about a way to keep lightwave shortcut user options.
For the moment, If LW_UI.exe is not in the Lightwave Programs Folder then it will not try to start Layout.
So You can still start them independently to keep your Shortcut config.

Thanks very much for that Papou, might give it a shot.

papou
05-12-2014, 05:06 AM
This looks interesting. If I've understood correctly - it doesn't support two monitors of differing resolutions yet?

Yes, monitors need to have same resolution, yet.

brent3d
05-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Yes, monitors need to have same resolution, yet.
Papou I'm having problems with menus flickering while running on 3 monitors. Can it work on 3? If not, and if you have time, can you make it possible to run on 3 monitors? I'm not actually spreading LW across all 3 only 2, but it still flickers like crazy.

meatycheesyboy
05-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Papou I'm having problems with menus flickering while running on 3 monitors. Can it work on 3? If not, and if you have time, can you make it possible to run on 3 monitors? I'm not actually spreading LW across all 3 only 2, but it still flickers like crazy.

Brent3d, are you running Adobe Creative Cloud? A few people have noticed that when you run the Creative Cloud desktop updater app with this it makes everything flicker for some reason. Unless I'm running CC, I've had no problems using 3 monitors.

papou
05-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Brent3d, are you running Adobe Creative Cloud? A few people have noticed that when you run the Creative Cloud desktop updater app with this it makes everything flicker for some reason. Unless I'm running CC, I've had no problems using 3 monitors.

Lw_ui is capturing the full desktop area then divided by 2. That's why it canīt handle 2 screens with different resolution. The same way it is not supposed to handle 3 screens correctly...
But Flickering is something else... It is related to window's title detection conflict.
It may be good to close all panels & restart lw_ui after a new screen settings... And sometimes it can be necessary to restart Explorer or your computer if a nonsense flickering is occuring.

Maybe I will think about a fix later...

brent3d
05-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Yes the machines I'm using are running CC... Thanks for the info Meatychessyboy I'll run some tests today.

papou
05-19-2014, 07:30 AM
ah yes the evil adobe creative cloud ... i don't understand why this interfere with LW_UI+...

papou
05-21-2014, 03:54 AM
Does it work now without ACC?

brent3d
05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Still major flickering of menus on my non-ACC machine running 3 monitors, bummer. So the 3 monitors is a limitation as you said Papou, but it's to awesome of a tool not to work beyond 2 monitors though.

- - - Updated - - -

Still major flickering of menus on my non-ACC machine running 3 monitors, bummer. So the 3 monitors is a limitation as you said Papou, but it's to awesome of a tool not to work beyond 2 monitors though.

vashts
05-30-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm starting to appreciate this program, it's really nice! Thank you papou!
Can I ask you to add an option to move Graph Editor and New Scene Editor to the second monitor instead of at the bottom of Layout viewport, like the "External Nodes" option already available? I have "only" FullHD resolution on my 2 monitors, and Graph/Scene Editors don't fit well in that small area...

G

ernpchan
05-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Lw_ui is capturing the full desktop area then divided by 2. That's why it canīt handle 2 screens with different resolution. The same way it is not supposed to handle 3 screens correctly...

Would it be possible to specify the different monitor resolutions and then write that to a config?

papou
05-31-2014, 07:14 AM

Hi vashts,
Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

Can I ask you to add an option to move Graph Editor and New Scene Editor to the second monitor instead of at the bottom of Layout viewport, like the "External Nodes" option already available?

It may be possible but i'm busy again so we have to wait another coding fever to see somes changes.

papou
05-31-2014, 07:23 AM
Would it be possible to specify the different monitor resolutions and then write that to a config?

Like i said to Vashts, i'm a bit far away from my code for the moment. But as soon as i dig it again, i will try to add independant monitoring resolution.
It's not very easy task, first, because i'm not a professional coder... it's a bit spaghetti code)
Secondly, I havn't think about different resolution monitor at the base of the code... it's now hard to implement because Modeler and Layout can be reversed and optioned with external windows...

papou
06-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Can I ask you to add an option to move Graph Editor and New Scene Editor to the second monitor instead of at the bottom of Layout viewport, like the "External Nodes" option already available? I have "only" FullHD resolution on my 2 monitors, and Graph/Scene Editors don't fit well in that small area...
G
For the moment, you can double click on the grapheditor titlebar to fit it to the screen. Not what you are looking about but it can help in your case. regards.

papou
06-29-2014, 06:40 AM
LW_UI+ was detected by Avast! as a malicious thing. (False Positive)
It is no more the case. Everything is ok now.

Photogram
10-08-2014, 12:31 PM
I've just try again LW UI 2.56 on my 30" screen 16:10 (2560X1600) and LW UI was able to move and resized the LW windows and panel but the size of the Layout window is too small compare to the Graph Editor.
If i close every panel, the Layout doesn't fill to the bottom of my screen. It seem trying to fit a 16:9 (1920X1080) screen ratio.

In a future version it would be very interesting if the user can customize itself where the window will be positioned and the size ratio between them. And able to choose the screen ratio.

For example i like the way the image editor fit exactly on the surface editor but i don't like the Classic Editor on the right side.
My Graph Editor is way too big compare to my Layout window.
I prefer using the new Scene Editor etc..

jboudreau
11-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi Guys

I'm having many issues with the 2.56 version of LW UI+

- Layout won't fill the whole screen. It only fills to top half of the screen (This does not happen in version 2.47)

2.47 Bugs

- Graph Editor window goes under the taskbar even though I have it set to Taskbar visible

(note: If I open up the scene editor, surface editor etc it causes the bottom part of the graph editor to fit to the bottom of the screen but the top part is overlapping the bottom of the layout window (no more behind taskbar though) If I close the scene editor the graph editor expands and fits perfectly (except it still overlaps the bottom of the layout window) but if I close the graph editor and re-open it the part of the graph editor goes under the taskbar again.

- If you increase the size of the surface panel or image editor any panel underneath gets pushed down off the screen

- You can't maximize the graph editor panel or the scene editor panel if the surface editor or image editor window is open

- motion mixer panel does not work (pops up on the bottom of the screen where the graph editor usually is and then it disappears) It's listed in the master plugins but when you click on it the motion mixer panel just appears and then disappears

- Presets window panel will not come up (same as motion mixer) have to pause LWUI+ for it to show up

- If scene editor panel is opened. If you open any one of these panels FiberFX, Bullet Dynamics, Flocking, device manager, control booth, studio it will push the scene editor panel over the top of the layout window covering it. All the others work like expected

TIPS: That you might not be aware of

If you go to drag the size of your scene editor panel it will just snap back to it original position. But if you change the size of the layout panel with the scene editor panel open it will stay snapped to the side of the layout panel window changing the size of scene editor window (If surface editor or image editor panel is open this won't work)

If you go to drag the size of you layout panel with either surface editor or image editor open it will just pop back to it's original size. But if you size the image editor or surface editor panel it will size that window shrinking the layout window as well along with any other windows that are open ex scene editor or graph editor window.

You can stretch the image editor window the full width of your screen along with any other panels that are open underneath for example the scene editor panel. The surface editor panel can only be stretched close to half the width of your screen.4

Also I was wondering if anybody still had version 2.50 and 2.55 I tried to download it here in the forumn but it keeps trying to download version 2.56 I'd like to try them since version 2.56 doesn't work as well as version 2.47.

Thanks,
Jason

ernpchan
11-15-2014, 03:22 PM
You could try getting in touch of papou through the website in their signature.

On a side note, jboudreau your inbox is full.

jboudreau
11-15-2014, 04:31 PM
You could try getting in touch of papou through the website in their signature.

On a side note, jboudreau your inbox is full.

Hi ernpchan

Okay cool, So I take it you don't have those versions?

Thanks for letting me know my inbox was full. I just emptied it so if you tried sending me something it should work now

Thanks again for your help
Jason

ernpchan
11-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't. I didn't get around to using those scripts cuz they weren't gonna work with my monitor setup.

papou
11-17-2014, 04:57 PM
No requested fix for the moment, sorry.
Just one that was annoyed me.

Current version 2.57
LW_UI_V2.57 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

added:
- Texture Editor Panels flickering fixed.

papou
11-17-2014, 07:55 PM
This one was requested.

Current version 2.6
LW_UI_V2.6
(https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

added:
- GraphEditor can be externalized on second screen

papou
11-18-2014, 01:03 PM
This one was requested too.

Current version 2.61
LW_UI_V2.61 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

added:
- 3 monitors compatibility. (it work on 2 monitors only but don't resize all on 3 monitors)

brent3d
11-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the updates Papou.

papou
11-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks brent3D! :D

Current version 2.62
LW_UI_V2.62 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- External GraphEditor & NodeEditor Conflict Fixed

papou
11-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi, just want to say that LW_UI+ shines with LW2015 as well as with LW11.6! ;D

Andy Webb
11-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I seem to have this error using V2.62 on Win 8.1 and LW 11.6.2

Also a request, I have the windows taskbar across 2 screens and which ever program I have
on the second screen is masked at the bottom by the taskbar.

Any chance of this being catered for?

Cheers

Andy Webb
11-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Another issue I had was Avast would not allow the download so I turned it off, but then it would not allow WinZip to extract, very annoying.

Cheers

brent3d
11-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi, just want to say that LW_UI+ shines with LW2015 as well as with LW11.6! ;D

http://youtu.be/vuf5FKRaN0Y

Quick walk-through of LW Ui+ interface tool with the new Lightwave 2015.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&usp=drive_web

Andy Webb
11-30-2014, 05:58 AM
It world be handy if there was a keyboard toggle to expand either Modeller or Layout full screen.

Also to be able to set a default set of panels, I don't need the Vertex Map Panel open, I would prefer to have the Surface Panel open as default.

Cheers :D

JamesCurtis
11-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Avast is detecting it as malicious software for me too. Is there a way to fix this problem? Disabled AV temporarily to Extract, but really hate doing it that way - even for a minute!!

papou
11-30-2014, 12:25 PM
hmm, it seems that the GraphEd failed to open correctly now and the Layout no more fill the vacant space...
My last adjustements onto the external GraphEd broke something in single screen mode. Or maybe it's something else, windows Xp or i don't know...
I have to check that again. Sorry for that.

papou
11-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, Avast is detecting it as malicious software for me too. Is there a way to fix this problem? Disabled AV temporarily to Extract, but really hate doing it that way - even for a minute!!
LW_UI+ is written with Autoit scripts, Avast do not like AutoIt because it is well used by hackers to survey users moves.
My script is not malicious, but it survey what your are asking to lightwave. This look like malicious for an antivirus.
I have ask Avast about that but i don't think they can do anything.
So for the moment, you have to disabled for the time you download and extract the zip... sorry for that.

papou
11-30-2014, 12:47 PM
I seem to have this error using V2.62 on Win 8.1 and LW 11.6.2

Also a request, I have the windows taskbar across 2 screens and which ever program I have
on the second screen is masked at the bottom by the taskbar.

Any chance of this being catered for?

Cheers

Like i said before, this is a constant work in progress... Sometimes there is conflict i have not isolated. If you can reproduce this, it will help.

Sorry, I have no plan to manage the taskbar more that actually and i have no plan for a custom panels set for the moment.

We have to wait for Newtek to make something more integrated than my hack.

papou
11-30-2014, 01:01 PM

Thank you Brent3D, it's nice to see on users screen (with nice content!)
I must look at windows borders and Rounded UI of windows... It's not perfectly snapped like mine.
I use windows classic Theme with sharp angle and thick titlebar.
I was hoping LW_UI+ to display well other Themes. It seem not very well.

papou
11-30-2014, 06:07 PM

I just realize that in this video, you forgot Shortcuts settings!
In Layout, Alt+F1 need to be assign to Classic Scene Editor or it can't pop.
In Modeler, < must be assign to Synchronize and > must be empty or set to synchronize too.

brent3d
11-30-2014, 06:16 PM
I just realize that in this video, you forgot Shortcuts settings!
In Layout, Alt+F1 need to be assign to Classic Scene Editor or it can't pop.
In Modeler, < must be assign to Synchronize and > must be empty or set to synchronize too.

Thanks for the reminder Papou and the earlier compliment:)
FYi: Running under Win7 64bit, 3 cloned displays

brent3d
12-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Thank you Brent3D, it's nice to see on users screen (with nice content!)
I must look at windows borders and Rounded UI of windows... It's not perfectly snapped like mine.
I use windows classic Theme with sharp angle and thick titlebar.
I was hoping LW_UI+ to display well other Themes. It seem not very well.

But it still works great Papou:thumbsup:
Lightwave + LWUi Surfacing & Lighting Production Demo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01DgGH2WIoY

papou
12-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Cool! :rock:

Current version 2.70
LW_UI_V2.70 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Several Bugs fixed
- Show Version into the system tray
- Can be Pause with Pause Key
- Render Viewer can be externalized to the second screen.

Hail
12-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Wow! That was fast.
thanks! :)

Hail
12-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Sorry to repeat this if it has been addressed already but I 'm wondering, is it possible to re size and re position any of the panels especially the graph and scene editors?

papou
12-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Actually, the size and position of panels are not configurable.
But maybe i can adjust actual configuration because it not fit your screen. Or because you can't work with in a special task.
Could you please, explain when it is a problem, with maybe a screenshot.

probiner
12-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Hi papou, tried it these days, neat! My only complaint is that the node editor is put on top of the viewport and not in the same place as the graph editor: http://prntscr.com/5cn00d
Even though that I would stil feel it's somewhat small, given I usually use it like this: http://prntscr.com/5cn3ce

Anyway, great attempt you did here to make the window popping fest more under control. Hopefully LWG sees takes notes and when they revamp it they take it into consideration.

In XSI I'm used to this: http://prntscr.com/5cbogp
With the Explorer and the Property Editor, I can navigate and inspect everything in the application and don't get a window poping fest. So I appreciate this a lot.
The property editor allows multiselection enabled for everything. Mind you this is possible because it's an auto-generated tabbed UI. And not a fixed panel, like LW.

Thanks for this. Cheers

papou
12-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi Probider,
I understand about your request. Using nodal onto something you can't see, is not easy. But for the moment i do not have other choice if i want to show Nodes + GraphEditor and the panel that have call the Nodal, like the Surface Editor.
I will think about something better if i have time but you have to understand something (not only you btw ):
My problem is Lightwave panels have limits in resize. I can't scale them like i really want.
With LW_Ui+ i have just organized panels the best way i can with current max and min size limitations. (you can't imagine how various they are)
i want something the best look possible and for different screen size resolution. (1440x900 singlescreen min to 1920x1200 dualscreen and more)
Per example, in your nodal example, node Editor can't fit the bottom of the Layout. I can't do anything for this. And for sure, i don't wan't to overlap others panels/buttons.
Because i can't detect anything else real panels size and position, i can't do that kind of half overlaping of the Layout viewport.
Cheers

papou
12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
well... the best way must be to put the nodeEditor at right, the Layout at Left and the graphEd at LeftBottom.
But that will overlap the surfacceEditor. I can be boring to have to reopen it to select another surface.
... and it will not be possible from small screen resolution.
... Maybe i must think about different kind of settings based on resolution. Just for this kind of problem.

probiner
12-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Yeah, it's not an easy thing. And we know you're mitigating a problem which is out of your hands. I personally don't mind the graph editor and the nodal editor taking the same place, since if I'm dealing with nodes, i'm not dealing with the graph. But that's again a LW problem: You have to use the graph to set keys, not just control the interpolation.

You could come out with some sort of layout templates to answer to some of these issues but that's just putting a lot of work for a fix, no? Seems like a waste of your energy.

Cheers

papou
12-03-2014, 07:58 PM
:boogiedow
Current version 2.75
LW_UI_V2.75 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Bug Fixes
- GraphEditor, SceneEditor, Node Editor can be Maximize when double clicking on TitleBar
- Layout can be Maximized with TAB
- Better NodeEditor Placement in compact Mode
- Better balance of GraphEditor and Layout in compact mode for big resolution screen.

Kevbarnes
12-04-2014, 12:28 PM
UI_2.75
Layout (11.6.3 & 11.6.2)
I'm getting a keyboard input conflict (W7)
create a null go to Object Properties, add Item shape - edit Scale or add Label ? sometimes there is a lag on character input
sometimes you get the windows 'ding' sound (when you get something wrong) sometimes you get strange icon character

But this is great plug-in, many thanks

kev

papou
12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Thank you for your feedback!
Unfortunately, i can't reproduce the bug. Work well with your example.

Kevbarnes
12-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Thank you for your feedback!
Unfortunately, i can't reproduce the bug. Work well with your example.

Ok - I'll try creating a screen video of it - it might help. I get the same conflict on my work machine as well as my home.

- I'll get back to you on this

Kev

papou
12-04-2014, 03:08 PM
It seems that the bug do not pop on my machines (severals kinds of machines here).
So i suggest you to try to reproduce the bug with only Layout open and with no other apps running (including them running in system tray, if possible).
If it do not move away, then list process or apps that are on both location (home and work) then send a video.
regards,

Kevbarnes
12-05-2014, 05:52 PM
then send a video. regards,

[ATTACH]125868[/ATTACH

Video shows imputing text in Object Properties add Item shape.
This shows input using extended keyboard number pad - it is less apparent the slower you type.
Trying to delete backspace tends to highlight text rather than deleting.
At one point the caps lock on the keyboard was continuously flashing on and off when I was inputting into the Label field.

No other apps are running this behavior stops as soon as you exit or pause UI_2.75

This may just be my machine? if know one else experiences this.

papou
12-05-2014, 06:24 PM
lol
I'm tired about weird things.

Kevbarnes
12-06-2014, 09:16 AM
lol

Don't be despondent - this is a great feature, badly needed for LW

and this may only be my machine - so don't worry about it - yet ! unless any body else gets the same problem

Cheers Kev

papou
12-07-2014, 04:55 PM
:2guns:
Current version 2.78
LW_UI_V2.78
(https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)
Fixed:

- Fix conflict with several external apps or process
- Several Display Bugs fixed with dopeEditor
- Modeler Panels reworked

papou
12-08-2014, 06:19 PM
;D
Current version 2.80

LW_UI_V2.80 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:

- Several Display Bugs fixed with EditPlugins, Configure Menu & Keyboard, Nodes and TaskBar
- Layout.exe can be start with custom path suffix (ex: -f"Segoe UI [email protected]")

Kevbarnes
12-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Current version 2.80

Erm ..... I offer my humblest apologies. - Its probably me

I have not been setting the Layout/Modeler shortcut key settings that you state in your
Installation notes.

I have just tried 2.8 and I got the same conflict - I then set the Shortcut key settings
and every thing is working fine - as far as I have tested.

The problem I have now is that I don't use the (old)SceneEditor, I just use the Dope editor to
make all my selections - but I can't dismiss the scene editor.

Also, I work with the Dope editor and Graph editor open at the same time on a second monitor screen.
although I don't mind trying the swop space set-up you have at the moment - I'll see how it works?

so my apologies again for not setting up properly in the first place.

Kev

jboudreau
12-09-2014, 01:14 PM
lol

Hi

I just watched your video and it's definitely on your end and has nothing to do with LWUI+ It doesn't do it on my machine here and I never changed the shortcut keys either like it states in the LWUI+ Text file.

I've had funny things like this happen to me regarding the keyboard, I had to disable the hot key that changes the language of your keyboard. This is probably what was happening

Jason

papou
12-09-2014, 07:52 PM
No prob KevBarnes, & thank you Jason for this week of betatest!

Current version 2.84

LW_UI_V2.84 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Added:
- New SceneEditor Mode (DopeSheet) can replace the Classic SceneEditor
- Reduce LW_UI+'s CPU activity when Layout/Modeler are launched but not used.
- Modeler bigger Numeric Panel.

Fixed:
- Fix Save Configs and others Display Bugs.

spherical
12-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Well, somebody screwed up. GoogleDrive is throwing a 500 error.

papou
12-10-2014, 05:04 AM
Hi spherical, i have no trouble to download it from Googledrive. Maybe it's fixed.
i post it here too: 125987

brent3d
12-10-2014, 12:17 PM
No prob KevBarnes, & thank you Jason for this week of betatest!

Current version 2.84

LW_UI_V2.84 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Added:
- New SceneEditor Mode (DopeSheet) can replace the Classic SceneEditor
- Reduce LW_UI+'s CPU activity when Layout/Modeler are launched but not used.
- Modeler bigger Numeric Panel.

Fixed:
- Fix Save Configs and others Display Bugs.

Holy cow! Almost missed this update. Papou how do I utilize the TAB key to get Layout to expand full screen? I don't have my TAB key assigned to anything but nothing seems to happen. What am I doing wrong? BTW, the updates are dead-on, can't imagine using LW without it..goes beyond what my other software interfaces can do..brilliant!

brent3d
12-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Honestly folks, the LWUi tool should be a standard part of LW2015:thumbsup:

papou
12-10-2014, 08:46 PM
:devil:
Current version 2.87

LW_UI_V2.87 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Instant Refresh Menu Selection
- Menu Refresh SlowDown fixed
- Somes Display Fixes like always

brent3d
12-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Papou how do I utilize the TAB key to get Layout to expand full screen? I don't have my TAB key assigned to anything but nothing seems to happen. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, TAB just works the same as before by hiding the Layout task bar, cool. Great use of the smaller fonts for Layout too, brilliant!
Also, here is my custom Transform Gizmo for modeler that I will be using in upcoming tutorials...sharing is caring. (To use: go to Support/Gizmo...replace the transform.lwo with the customized one, make sure to backup your original one).

- - - Updated - - -

Papou how do I utilize the TAB key to get Layout to expand full screen? I don't have my TAB key assigned to anything but nothing seems to happen. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, TAB just works the same as before by hiding the Layout task bar, cool. Great use of the smaller fonts for Layout too, brilliant!
Also, here is my custom Transform Gizmo for modeler that I will be using in upcoming tutorials...sharing is caring. (To use: go to Support/Gizmo...replace the transform.lwo with the customized one, make sure to backup your original one).

brent3d
12-11-2014, 12:18 PM
http://3dxyz.pro/transform-gizmo/

LW Ui+ got some love by 3dxyz.pro from forum user OnlineRender, plus transform tool stuff:D

Kevbarnes
12-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Current version 2.87

Hi Papou - just been using 2.87.

This is so cool - I love the ability to dynamically resize Layout with SceneEditor(DopeSheet) -
just by picking the layout boarder shifts both windows.

is it possible to do the same between Layout and Graph Editor in Compact Mode - at the moment it is a fixed split screen

Also, I am getting GraphEditor keep closing when I resize the boarder in SceneEditor(DopeSheet)

I'm working in External Mode with Layout/SceneEditor(DopeSheet) on main screen and keeping
Graph editor on second screen (Which keeps closing down)

Is it possible to have an option to switch SceneEditor(DopeSheet) and GraphEditor on to the second monitor in a split screen fashion
but not necessarily a fixed divide but dynamically like you have with the SceneEditor.

Kev

brent3d
12-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Here is some more LW Ui fun! Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzak3AJJiM

Kevbarnes
12-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Current version 2.87

Getting a UI_2.87 Crash when I hit the 'd' key in Lightwave, for Display Options

Here is the error message

Regards

Kev

jboudreau
12-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Getting a UI_2.87 Crash when I hit the 'd' key in Lightwave, for Display Options

Here is the error message

Regards

Kev

Hi Kevbarnes

I am getting the same error but it doesn't happen all the time, It happens off and on. I told Papou about it and he said he can't reproduce. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
I've been trying to figure out the steps to reproduce the error but can't figure it out at this time. sometimes you load layout up with LWUI+ running and press the d key or if you go and open the
general options window it opens and sometimes it crashes and gives out this error.

I just want to be clear LWUI+ does not break Lightwave in anyway this error only happens when LWUI+ is running and it's a bug that doesn't happen all the time. As soon as you turn off LWUI+
you never see this error again.

Thanks,
Jason

Kevbarnes
12-12-2014, 11:49 AM
but it doesn't happen all the time

I'm getting it each time I hit the 'd' key, so far on both my home machine and at work.
but I'll test it some more

kev

jboudreau
12-12-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm getting it each time I hit the 'd' key, so far on both my home machine and at work.
but I'll test it some more

kev

Try the following things

- Close down Layout/Modeler , and the hub in your system tray
- Close down LWUI+
- Open Up just Layout without the LWUI+ and close any open windows and then close Layout
- Start LWUI+
- Start Layout
- Open Up other windows besides Preference Panel
- Now Try opening up the Preference Panel

If the above does not work try this

- Close down Layout/Modeler , and the hub in your system tray
- Close down LWUI+
- Open Up just Layout without the LWUI+ and close any open windows and then close Layout
- Start another version of LWUI+ besides version 2.87 that worked in the past
- Start Layout
- Close Layout
- Open LWUI+ V2.87
- Open Layout
- Now Try opening up the Preference Panel

Once you get it working again it works perfectly until you get that crash again which causes it not to work again. It's very strange

I just want to be clear LWUI+ does not break Lightwave in anyway this error only happens when LWUI+ is running and it's a bug that doesn't happen all the time. As soon as you turn off LWUI+
you never see this error again.

I'd also like to note that LWUI+ is Fantastic, Papou has done a wonderful job on this. There is no turning back now. I use it all the time now

Hope this helps.

papou
12-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Here is some more LW Ui fun! Hope you enjoy.

1:07>1:28 Look like you have disconnected LW_Ui+ here. Can you explain why? This video is more a Rig Tut than a LW_ui+ demo hahaha. :twak:
2:05 I have done some Motion Mixer today and this configuration at 2:05 is interesting.
(..Oh and i always forget this modeler Polygon Info panel ...)

papou
12-12-2014, 09:05 PM
:yoda:
Current version 2.88

LW_UI_V2.8 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Preferences Panel Crash Fix

papou
12-12-2014, 09:14 PM
KevBarnes,
I have read your post. I can't promess to adapt LW_UI+ to your workflow but I will crush all nasty bugs for sure.

Andy Webb
12-13-2014, 12:47 PM
I cannot seem to open the Layers Panel in Modeller, it opens but immediately closes and doesn't stay open (LW2015).

Is there a reason why Modeller cannot be made to be full screen like Layout when using the tab key, I realise the tab key would be of no use in Modellers case,
ideally a user defined key would be a good option?

Cheers

Andy Webb
12-13-2014, 12:50 PM
What does External Mode do?

Cheers

papou
12-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Is there a reason why Modeller cannot be made to be full screen like Layout when using the tab key?

OOooo... C'mon, TAB Key in Modeler is Subpatch, it's writen in DNA for lightwavers ...
But you right, we would like to have a full screen modeler with no panels in one shortkey!

Andy Webb
12-13-2014, 05:23 PM
OOooo... C'mon, TAB Key in Modeler is Subpatch, it's writen in DNA for lightwavers ...
But you right, we would like to have a full screen modeler with no panels in one shortkey!

If you read my post properly you'll see that's what I said, I know what the Tab Key does and was suggesting
it would have to be an alternative key or user definable. :)

papou
12-14-2014, 05:47 AM
hehehe sorry Andy.
i read "Is there a reason why Modeler cannot be made to be full screen like Layout... when using the tab key"
and haven't understand the next because i was drunk! hahaha!
the bad part: i have done some code and LW_UI+ is not working today!

"What does External Mode do?"
External Mode is for Dual Screen users. It permit to the GraphEditor, DopeSheet, Nodal, and Render Image Viewer to be externalized on the second screen.

Regards,

Andy Webb
12-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Great, thanks for the External info. It's nearly Christmas, your allowed to get drunk :D:beerchug:

brent3d
12-14-2014, 09:53 AM
I'd also like to note that LWUI+ is Fantastic, Papou has done a wonderful job on this. There is no turning back now. I use it all the time now

Hope this helps.

Totally with you on this Jason! Papou has struck gold here...truly an upgrade to LW workflow regardless what version of LW your using:thumbsup:

Kevbarnes
12-14-2014, 11:36 AM
... Papou has struck gold here...truly an upgrade to LW workflow

... single-handedly created a UNIFIED app, especially in single screen mode.

just looking at 2.88

Kev:thumbsup:

papou
12-14-2014, 02:28 PM
:chicken:
Current version 2.90

LW_UI_V2.90 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Added:
- Texture Editor Workflow rethinked
- CTRL+TAB will Hide/Show Modeler Tool panels.

Fixed:
- somes display bugs.

brent3d
12-14-2014, 06:19 PM
:chicken:
Current version 2.90

LW_UI_V2.90 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Added:
- Texture Editor Workflow rethinked
- CTRL+TAB will Hide/Show Modeler Tool panels.

Fixed:
- somes display bugs.

Brilliant Papou! When I have the Surface editor open the Classic Scene Editor moves up higher in the formation though in v2.90, no longer sits flush with the Taskbar. Also when hitting Ctrl+Tab to hide panels in Modeler, when panels are made visible again only the Layer Panel and Numeric Panel show back up...is it possible to squeeze the Vertex Map panel between the two so it would be the Layer, Vertex Maps, and Numeric Panels as default?

papou
12-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Can you check your Shortkeys?
By default Statistics Panels shortkey is (w) and Vertex Maps is (F8)
About Scene Editor, Can't reproduce at home, on my single screen laptop .
I will check on a Dual Screen tomorrow.

About Vertex Maps Panel, if your unassign the ShortKey (F8). It will not be found by LW_UI+, so the panel will not be shown by default.

brent3d
12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Can you check your Shortkeys?
By default Statistics Panels shortkey is (w) and Vertex Maps is (F8)
About Scene Editor, Can't reproduce at home, on my single screen laptop .
I will check on a Dual Screen tomorrow.

About Vertex Maps Panel, if your unassign the ShortKey (F8). It will not be found by LW_UI+, so the panel will not be shown by default.

Yup, you were right about the short cut keys, excellent!:)
Here's some quick rigging and posing with the new Genoma 2 character rig preset in Lightwave 2015 and of course with LWUi+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HybYtTyjnOw

papou
12-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Cool!
Can i suggest you to use Windows Classic Theme.. More Sharp and Clean than Aero.

brent3d
12-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Cool!
Can i suggest you to use Windows Classic Theme.. More Sharp and Clean than Aero.

Ok, I'll give it a try, thanks.

tonyrizo2003
12-15-2014, 11:02 AM
this is so cool, school is over right now and I can get back to my project!! and use LWUI+

jeric_synergy
12-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Man, I sure hope Matt is following this thread.

m.d.
12-15-2014, 02:25 PM
will this work for 1050 height monitors?

My LW windows flicker like mad when running LW UI....totally unusable..

I am in a weird monitor situation....running 3, but 2 are 1600x1050 and 1 is 1920x1200

3dworks
12-15-2014, 03:54 PM
any chance to get that neat UI color scheme as a separate download for mac users? ;-)

papou
12-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Be sure to follow installation process.
Be sure to sest your shortcut.
Start Layout with no other panels open.
It must work. It work on several different station here and everywhere with success.
If flickering still there, contact me by PM. it maybe come from external process like Adobe CC, that i need to isolate for compatibility.

papou
12-15-2014, 06:43 PM
The neat color scheme do not come LW_UI+.
Please Check about Lightwave UI color. This is a lightwave internal feature.
There are several forum post about, tools to help setting, and users profile sharing.

Unfortunately, LW_UI+ is based on Autoit Script langage that is Windows only windows control.

papou
12-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Man, I sure hope Matt is following this thread.

And about Matt. I have sent him a PM last year about LW_UI+ cause i didn't want to waste time developing Lightwave interface if it was in development at Newtek.
I got no answer about that.
This is maybe a good news. Newtek are maybe doing something but Matt can't speak about, because it's WIPn that's was my dream...
But I'm afraid to think that it's not priority for newtek.
So I preferred to move my booty, developing what i need with what i can get around. (here Lscript or Python can't help cause ui SDK lacking)
Regards,

brent3d
12-15-2014, 09:45 PM
any chance to get that neat UI color scheme as a separate download for mac users? ;-)
Here is the color scheme for my Modo styled interface color.
*Modelers viewport background color is edited in Modelers Display Panel.
**Both Layout and Modeler utilize "Splash" colors...so click on one of the "Splash" buttons and choose the corresponding swatch I've attached.
Have fun!
126095 126096
126097 126098

Skonk
12-16-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm still finding it does not save the Taskbar or Screen configuration settings (single, dual etc).

That's with every version I've tried right up to 2.90

I load it, change it to single screen, sat TaskBar visible and then close and reload it, settings have reverted back.

m.d.
12-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Be sure to follow installation process.
Be sure to sest your shortcut.
Start Layout with no other panels open.
It must work. It work on several different station here and everywhere with success.
If flickering still there, contact me by PM. it maybe come from external process like Adobe CC, that i need to isolate for compatibility.

Everything was installed correctly according to the instructions....tried about 10 times messing with taskbars and LWui+ settings...
this is what I get

I am running adobe CC....

papou
12-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Ok, Adobe CC conflict still there. Sorry for this flickering. I need to squeeze it.
For the moment, you have to turn off ACC.

Matt
12-17-2014, 11:31 AM
And about Matt. I have sent him a PM last year about LW_UI+ cause i didn't want to waste time developing Lightwave interface if it was in development at Newtek.
I got no answer about that.
This is maybe a good news. Newtek are maybe doing something but Matt can't speak about, because it's WIPn that's was my dream...
But I'm afraid to think that it's not priority for newtek.
So I preferred to move my booty, developing what i need with what i can get around. (here Lscript or Python can't help cause ui SDK lacking)
Regards,

Yeah sorry about that. I did see your email (was this year, not last). I did make the link change you wanted in the first post at the time (you can see my name on the last edit).

I couldn't answer your question as it was asking about future plans.

That said, I'm impressed by your plugin, seems like a lot of work.

Cheers
Matt

papou
12-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Haha, no prob, Matt, i am just trying to get a word from you about lightwave future, using vicious trick (... that never works!);D

papou
12-17-2014, 07:17 PM
:goodluck:
Current version 2.93

LW_UI+_V2.93 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- again, somes display bugs fixed

brent3d
12-18-2014, 08:50 AM
:goodluck:
Current version 2.93

LW_UI+_V2.93 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- again, somes display bugs fixed

Oh great!

Hail
12-18-2014, 01:00 PM
This is awesome Papou.
After finally getting myself accustomed to UI+, I'm begining to wonder how I ever got by all those years without it.
Its such a refresher on the lw UI.
A very handy utility indeed.
Thanks once more Papou:)

papou
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
:lwicon:
Current version 2.96

LW_UI+_V2.96 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Fixed Flickering when exiting Texture Editor by clicking in VPR or Surface Editor Shortkey
- Graph Editor resize to layout at startup.

Added:
- Texture Editor, Surface Editor, Image Editor have same width to minimize VPR refresh.
- Modeler panels Resizing depending of maximum width

jeric_synergy
12-19-2014, 01:01 PM
papou, THANK YOU for all your efforts on this. :bowdown:

khan973
12-19-2014, 05:13 PM
I haven't read all the posts but I had an issue when trying to load a preset, the os window stayed underneath everything. I had to pause to be able to load. Is it still an issue?

brent3d
12-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Current version 2.96

LW_UI+_V2.96 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Fixed Flickering when exiting Texture Editor by clicking in VPR or Surface Editor Shortkey
- Graph Editor resize to layout at startup.

Added:
- Texture Editor, Surface Editor, Image Editor have same width to minimize VPR refresh.
- Modeler panels Resizing depending of maximum width

Thanyou, thankyou, thankyou Papou:D

lightscape
12-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Wonder if the location of the T texture can be moved above or side somewhere so that settings can be seen.
http://s9.postimg.org/4w0zomzcv/Tbutton.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/egkmbioor/full/)

papou
12-19-2014, 06:48 PM
I haven't read all the posts but I had an issue when trying to load a preset, the os window stayed underneath everything. I had to pause to be able to load. Is it still an issue?

Hi Khan, never heard about this problem. I can't reproduce. I can load a Surface Preset here.
Could you explain step by step? Layout? Modeler? Both opened? etc...
It maybe a configuration problem (check your shortkeys, check if there is no processus conflict, ...)
- Contact by Pm please -

papou
12-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Wonder if the location of the T texture can be moved above or side somewhere so that settings can be seen.

Yes, it is planned but because i do not do my texturing in modeler, it wasn't my priority! :)

lightscape
12-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Same issue in layout though.
http://s15.postimg.org/lc0hkg0h7/Tbutton_cr.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/6g1ycup2f/full/)

papou
12-20-2014, 06:28 AM
it seems you use a older version than 2.89...
(what about more tactfulness?)

lightscape
12-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Right. I downloaded LW_UI+_2.87 from googledrive.
I redownloaded and got LW_UI+_2.96.
Not sure if its a bug but the numeric panel in modeller won't close its always open and the panels on that side are very narrow.
http://s17.postimg.org/3v6fvxcof/thin.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nd13bv9m3/full/)
picture share (http://postimage.org/)

jboudreau
12-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Right. I downloaded LW_UI+_2.87 from googledrive.
I redownloaded and got LW_UI+_2.96.
Not sure if its a bug but the numeric panel in modeller won't close its always open and the panels on that side are very narrow.
http://s17.postimg.org/3v6fvxcof/thin.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nd13bv9m3/full/)
picture share (http://postimage.org/)

Drag the side of the layers panel to the left to make it wider all the other panels will widen up as well

Hope this helps
Jason

papou
12-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Both of that are fixed in the next version to come.

papou
12-21-2014, 04:15 PM
:santa:
Current version 3.01

LW_UI+_V3.01 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Modeler panels again and set minimum Width Size
- Texture Editor & SceneEditor wrong position

Added:
- Texture Editor remember previous opened panel (Surface, HV, Motion, Effects, VolLights, FiberFx, Flock, Instance, ...)
- Scene Editor do not recover Layout in Instance Generator Mode
- Instance Generator Workflow Rethinked
- Texture Editor Workflow rethinked in Modeler
- pdf notes

This version looks pretty solid for me and because the coding fever is down, i will stop here for now.
This was my Xmas present for the community. Happy Xmas, Happy New Year!

brent3d
12-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Current version 3.01

LW_UI+_V3.01 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:

Added:
- Texture Editor remember previous opened panel (Surface, HV, Motion, Effects, VolLights, FiberFx, Flock, Instance, ...)
- pdf notes

This version looks pretty solid for me and because the coding fever is down, i will stop here for now.

Thankyou, thankyou Papou:bowdown::bowdown:

lightscape
12-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks papou! Tested and previous reports squashed.

Skonk
12-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Current version 3.01

Fixed:

Added:
- pdf notes

Single screen mode still doesn't save.

It hasn't saved in ANY version I've tried, including this one.

EDIT:

To add; the number of screens, the task bar visibility and the title bar visibility settings all revert back to default everytime I load the app.

The settings file is written to on exiting but none of these 3 settings get saved.

papou
12-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Sorry Skonk. I tought you were crazy. It was me.
Yes you right! something wrong here.
SingleScreen is not saved. DualScreen MOD/LW is set by default at reloading. I will fix that.
About TaskBar (and maybe TitleBar), it's a refresh problem. Surely cause of the SingleScreen mode saving error. I will fix that.

I have to admit that i have several little fix to do on LW_UI+. A new version is on the road... never ending script...

Skonk
12-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Sorry Skonk. I tought you were crazy. It was me.
Yes you right! something wrong here.
SingleScreen is not saved. DualScreen MOD/LW is set by default at reloading. I will fix that.
About TaskBar (and maybe TitleBar), it's a refresh problem. Surely cause of the SingleScreen mode saving error. I will fix that.

I have to admit that i have several little fix to do on LW_UI+. A new version is on the road... never ending script...

Tbh I was wondering if it was me who was going crazy :)

The never ending thing is a common problem for developers; what should be simple can end up becoming so complicated that in the end the project gets abandoned. Considering this is something you are doing for free, I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts (I certainly do) but if it starts getting too much to keep up with then take a break from it till the motivation comes back :)

m.d.
12-23-2014, 04:57 PM
thanks for doing this papou....

papou
12-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Current version 3.06

LW_UI+_V3.06 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Scene Editor in Flock_Master MOD/LW mode fixed
- DopeEditor Fixed with Flock_Master, FiberFx, and Dynamics
- Device Manager, Studio and Control Booth Rethinked and Flickering fixed.
- Displays fixes
- Fixed Save & Load Config
- pdf update about config file

This time, it's the good one. Just ready for Xmas. Enjoy!

OnlineRender
12-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Current version 3.06

LW_UI+_V3.06 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Displays fixes

Epic , thanks for the hard work and awesome program

JohnMarchant
12-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Thanks Papou and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

OFF
12-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks, it's cool LW organaizer! But one thing - when you work with SE and close your Node Editor - it's close and SE too.
That is not very conveniently )

papou
12-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks, it's cool LW organaizer! But one thing - when you work with SE and close your Node Editor - it's close and SE too.
That is not very conveniently )

For the moment i prefer to keep a node Editor as large as i can.
But you can open The DopeEditor. It will replace the graphEditor. This way you can access objects.
I will think about that in 2015!

brent3d
12-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Current version 3.06

Fixed:
- Displays fixes

Awesome Papou! Time to chill and kick back and have a great holiday:santa:

papou
12-26-2014, 07:31 PM
:screwy:
Current version 3.09

LW_UI+_V3.09 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
3.07: Fixed GraphEditor closing bug In DopeEditor Mode
3.08: Fixed DopeEditor Height Size in TaskBar Mode ON

Added:
3.09: Preset Panels supported in Layout

brent3d
12-26-2014, 09:23 PM
:screwy:
Current version 3.09

LW_UI+_V3.09 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
3.07: Fixed GraphEditor closing bug In DopeEditor Mode
3.08: Fixed DopeEditor Height Size in TaskBar Mode ON

Added:
3.09: Preset Panels supported in Layout

Way to go Papou:thumbsup:
I'm having a recurring issue with the Image Filter's Node Editor flickering still, eventually results in a crash.

http://vimeo.com/115458912

papou
12-27-2014, 03:56 AM
I'm having a recurring issue with the Image Filter's Node Editor flickering still, eventually results in a crash.

:yingyang:
Current version 3.10

LW_UI+_V3.10 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
3.10: Fixed Node Image Editor Flickering

brent3d
12-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Current version 3.10

LW_UI+_V3.10 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:

Yup, you sure did fix it! Many thanks papou:D

atnreg
12-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Unfortunately this (3.10) does not work, tested with LW2015.1, LW2015, LW11.6.3. I cannot test older versions of UI+ as the link leads to latest version only.
For Modeler it only organized the Modeler tool windows once, after that it does nothing. And in Layout it does absolutely nothing except adjust the main window size once, I can open and close SE and other tools and nothing happens, they can be moved and sized normally. But I cannot change the main window size (same for mod and lay) so it is doing something.

I have followed the installation instructions.

It also does not save the settings changes to INI even though that file's date is updated.

Idea is nice and if the logic is clever this might be cool but so far I am not very convinced ;)

My system is Win7 Ultimate 64-bit with 1920x1200 monitor (and 1920x1080 monitor but dual mode does nothing either so I used single monitor mode).

Any ideas? :)

atnreg
12-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Naturally I meant that it does not work FOR ME, obviously it does work for some :)
Is it hard-coded for US keyboard layout, that could explain it?
Except that F5 is same in any keyboard layout but still it does nothing to SE window either... :o

papou
12-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Thx for this correction. haha, I was trying to find a smart way to answer you without success.
it seems that the detection loop is stopped. Let's find why.
I suggest you to send me (by PM) a screen capture of your Task Manager to check if some process are conflicting. And maybe a screen capture of your Lightwave opened with Titlebar.
It can be a Language problem cause of name that appear in title bars.
regards,

atnreg
12-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Thx for this correction. haha, I was trying to find a smart way to answer you without success.
it seems that the detection loop is stopped. Let's find why.
I suggest you to send me (by PM) a screen capture of your Task Manager to check if some process are conflicting. And maybe a screen capture of your Lightwave opened with Titlebar.
It can be a Language problem cause of name that appear in title bars.
regards,

Well, this is kind of reverse demo effect :D
I was just going to make the screen shots and started UI+ and now it works :o :D
The only thing I did was reboot the computer which of course should not have anything to do with this but that was the only thing I did so somehow it affected :)

Sorry for this false alarm, I'll check it out and get back if I still have problems with it.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Antti

atnreg
12-28-2014, 09:06 AM
One little thing, the windows are not exact i.e. SE window overlaps the DE a bit and there is small gap below the DE and taskbar. That is not serious but I just wanted to let you know so you know in case it is not how it should :)

Now I'll have to do other things (like eat :D), I will continue with LW tomorrow but in general it seems to work so I'm happy :)

Antti

brent3d
12-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Current version 3.10

Fixed:

Papou, Scene Editor still creates gap with OS Task Bar when Surface Editor is open. Also occurs for me when using Win7 Classic mode as well, my display resolution is 1920 x 1080 if that's of any help, everything else works great.

jboudreau
12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Papou, Scene Editor still creates gap with OS Task Bar when Surface Editor is open. Also occurs for me when using Win7 Classic mode as well, my display resolution is 1920 x 1080 if that's of any help, everything else works great.

Hi

This only happens in Lightwave 2015, It doesn't happen in Lightwave 11.6.3 or previous versions

Thanks,
Jason

brent3d
12-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi

This only happens in Lightwave 2015, It doesn't happen in Lightwave 11.6.3 or previous versions

Thanks,
Jason

Yup, just verified that, the gap is specific to LW 2015. Thanks jboudreau:)

lightscape
12-29-2014, 12:26 AM
Minor report
In layout when clicking and closing T button in surface editor, the surface editor panel stays.
In modeller when cllcking and closing T button it closes with it the surface editor and some panels get misplaced after.

papou
12-29-2014, 06:28 AM
yep, the modeler need more love. (i do not do texturing in modeler so this part have a low priority)

atnreg
12-29-2014, 08:58 AM
The fact that UI+ prevents me from adjusting ANY window size manually is a bit bad because some Modeler numeric views would need more height. I don't need that much space for statistics so now I need to close the statistics (or any other) to get enough space for numeric.
It would be great if the tool windows would be adjustable in height so that the lower/upper window resized accordingly.
Also in Layout the SE window sometimes takes almost half of the screen width which is way too much.
The idea is nice but I think it is not possible to make this work by fully automatic resizing. There are simply too many different size windows in LW. Also it would be nice to have some kind of configuration file for this so we could make the widths and positions and other settings to match the current need (for example I don't need vertex map view in Modeler so I need to close it every time).

Thanks anyway, this is good idea :)

lightscape
12-29-2014, 09:17 AM
The fact that UI+ prevents me from adjusting ANY window size manually is a bit bad because some Modeler numeric views would need more height. I don't need that much space for statistics so now I need to close the statistics (or any other) to get enough space for numeric.
It would be great if the tool windows would be adjustable in height so that the lower/upper window resized accordingly.

Like allsnap app?

yep, the modeler need more love. (i do not do texturing in modeler so this part have a low priority)
gotcha! will continue to report issues anyway for your record.

papou
12-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Oh too bad it can't fit your workflow atnreg. Thanks anyway

Lightscape, Allsnap is a good companion for LW_UI+, i'm using it too. But it has nothing to do here.

atnreg
12-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the tip on Allsnap but it says it only works on toplevel windows so it does not work with LW tool windows, right? The warnings about crashing the computer are a bit worrying so I want confirmation for this first :)

This kind of system MIGHT be able to do with Autohotkey but I'm afraid it would be huge job if it even is possible :stumped:

But experimenting with UI+ was useful, now I realized I don't need all screen width (1920x1200) for LW main windows so I can reserve some space for SE and DE on the right permanently and if I need full screen, then use maximize (double click on title) for the main window :)
It is of course not the same as UI+ but as the tool windows seem to remember the positions (by scene) it may actually work.

So, thank you for UI+, it may not be for me but it gave me new ideas about LW windows :)

Antti

lightscape
12-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Oh too bad it can't fit your workflow atnreg. Thanks anyway

Lightscape, Allsnap is a good companion for LW_UI+, i'm using it too. But it has nothing to do here.

Ui+ doesn't fit atnreg workflow so I suggested he use allsnap which doesn't lock the gui and might fit more what he needs.
He can use both like I do. I pause UI+ when I need to and allsnap is still active in the background so panels still snap into place.

atnreg
12-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the tip, Allsnap seems to be working well for me :)

robertoortiz
12-30-2014, 07:35 AM
You are doing a fantastic Job with tis effort.
I wanted to recommend to look into interfaces from high end production houses for inspiration for the "new" look.

Here is DreamWorks in house animation software (Apollo)
http://www.technologizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/image2.jpg
http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationscoop/immersed-in-movies-dreamworks-demos-new-apollo-platform-20140716

And Pixar's Presto
http://www.olivier-ladeuix.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Menv_screenshot_2.jpg

http://www.olivier-ladeuix.com/blog/2013/04/28/pixar-animation-software/

papou
12-31-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi Roberto, it seems you are waiting too much from me. I am just opening and closing windows the way i need.
I understand that efficient workflow and UI is dependant together but i can't do more than what lightwave have.
You have to speak to NT for this kind of possible improvement.

robertoortiz
12-31-2014, 08:05 AM
Agreed. but you are doing miracles right now.
I was hoping for some inspiration, not discouragement.
:)
Keep up the good work.
-R

papou
01-01-2015, 06:36 PM
:alien:
Current version 3.17

LW_UI+_V3.17 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- mimimum Surface Editor Height have change in 2015
- DopeEditor in Instance mode fixed
- Fixed LW/MD Surface Editors Mixed
- Modeler Texture editor workflow fixed

Added:
- Modeler Tools rethinked. (Height Scalable by Numeric Panel.)
- Add ShortCuts to Title Bar
- Modeler Presets Supported

brent3d
01-01-2015, 07:30 PM
:alien:
Current version 3.17

LW_UI+_V3.17 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- mimimum Surface Editor Height have change in 2015
- DopeEditor in Instance mode fixed
- Fixed LW/MD Surface Editors Mixed
- Modeler Texture editor workflow fixed

Added:
- Modeler Tools rethinked. (Height Scalable by Numeric Panel.)
- Add ShortCuts to Title Bar
- Modeler Presets Supported

Righteous Papou!! Great job all around! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Skonk
01-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Hate to say this again....

But it still doesn't save the config file correctly.

Yes.. it now defaults to single screen mode but changing it, and changing Taskbar Visible (which defaults to off) and closing/reloading the app just has those settings revert back.

Am I the only one this is happening to or what?

I've tried almost every version released in the last few months and not one of them has saved the settings correctly; is it just me?

papou
01-02-2015, 08:58 AM
yep, Hate to hear that again!
I tought it was fixed... But it may be broken again. Sorry for that. Be sure i'm trying to fixed it from the first time you alert me about.

First, configuring LW_UI+ need to be done with Lightwave Open.
(I am preveting the LW_UI+ loop to be run when Lightwave application are closed. So this saving config's code part are ineffective in this case.)

About NotaskBar State, it's a menu panel refreshing problem. It seems to revert back to default. Your right here. (But the Status is writen and read correctly.)

CPU Low/Med/High seems strange too. It save only 2 of 3.
I can't verify DoubleMonitor Right/Left for the moment but it may be the same problem as CPU Usage. Saving 2/3 times only.

All others values seems to be saved correctly.

Sorry for that Skonk. You are not alone, but maybe the settings you want to save is not primary preferences.
Feel free to PM me about this. This can talk in background.

Skonk
01-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Heh, right now I see...

Lightwave has to be open then it saves; that's what I didn't know :)

Yes, with lightwave open, exiting the UI app does save the settings.

papou
01-03-2015, 08:10 AM
:grumpy:
Current version 3.19

LW_UI+_V3.19 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- TaskBar Menu now save config in any case.
- CPU Usage and TaskBar default bugs fixed.

papou
01-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Current version 3.20

LW_UI+_V3.20 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Somes display bugs

Added:
- GraphEditor, DopeEditor & Presets Panel Height Scalable.

Ok. i'm done!

brent3d
01-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Current version 3.20

LW_UI+_V3.20 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- Somes display bugs

Added:
- GraphEditor, DopeEditor & Presets Panel Height Scalable.

Ok. i'm done!

Well done Papou! A work of art:thumbsup:

papou
01-09-2015, 10:00 AM
;D
Current version 3.21

LW_UI+_V3.21 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8STBIi1K4e-UXhnaDRRVU5kQ2s&authuser=0)

Fixed:
- LW_UI+ Exit Crashes
- Presets Panels freeze bugs