PDA

View Full Version : dynamic targeter?

joseba
03-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Hello everyone.
I am trying to do an animation where an item needs to change its target, like dynamic parenter but for targeting.
Expressions maybe?
Thanks in advance.

Ryan Roye
03-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Hello everyone.
I am trying to do an animation where and item needs to change its target, like dynamic parenter but for targeting.
Expressions maybe?
Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend simply baking the motion to switch the target. You can set the interpolation to turn on at a certain frame so that the baked keyframes don't get overwritten visually.

I've never bothered with nodal motion or expressions to get multi-target solutions; too much additional work for the same result.

joseba
03-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks chazriker, but i donīt understand why i need to bake. The animation is about a crane. I have done a setup with the claw targeting a floor_null (to mantain the string in vertical position) , but i want to target the cargo when the crane lift it up.

RebelHill
03-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Just target a null and move that between the floor and the cargo load.

joseba
03-30-2014, 03:56 PM
It is not so easy RebelHill, because the floor_null has its position constrained to the tip of the crane (to make the string always pointing vertical).
:oye:

RebelHill
03-30-2014, 04:20 PM
In that case (since its already constrained to the crane tip)... parent the null to the cargo and simply blend the constraint down to 0 at the appropriate point in time.

joseba
03-30-2014, 04:43 PM
You are a genius RebelHill, thank you very much! It works now!
I Like Lightwave very much, but i think this clever community is even more important than the soft.
:bowdown: