PDA

View Full Version : Assign spline control to bone hierarchy?

Sebasvideo
03-29-2014, 04:46 PM
There's a scene called snake.lws in the 11.6 content (Lightwave_11-6_content\Scenes\SplineControl\02_Examples) that is shown in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_rFztpHYLc&feature=player_detailpage#t=840 (the snake following the path)

Seems easy, the problem is that for it to work each bone has to to have the spline selected. It's not enough to select the first bone, and if you select all the bones and press M, you will only change the properties for the last bone selected. This is a problem if you have like 100 bones. Isn't there a way to assign spline control to all the bones at once?

RebelHill
03-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Nope. Motion control is multiselect aware. If you have multiple items selected, the motion control is applied to all.

Sebasvideo
03-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Nope. Motion control is multiselect aware. If you have multiple items selected, the motion control is applied to all.

Well, I'll be damned, the first time I selected all the bones, hit M and selected the spline, it only applied it to the last item. Now you posted this, I tried it again and it applied it to all. Weird, but thanks!

Sebasvideo
03-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Now the problem I have is the same problem I also have with the DP Spline Deformer; I can't get the children to come along. These are children of the object that has the bones, and they have to be in separate layers because they have individual animation that has to be keyframed. Can that be done?