PDA

View Full Version : PhotoShop Help Please!

BrianW
11-20-2003, 11:28 AM
I have held off on asking this question for a couple of days, just been trying to figure out a good way to ask this question. So here it goes.
I an rendering a sceen in lightwave. Basic sceen. One car, one ground plane, and one HDR image applied to imageworld plugin. Nothing too complicated. I do my render(F9) and save the render as an RGBA .psd file. Now here comes the confusing part of the question for me to explain. After i have saved the RGBA .psd file, I open it in Keynote. Once open in Keynote, something kinda of strange happens to the graphic. The HDR image I used as a background in the imageworld plugin is totally gone. The car is still there, but the background is gone! I open it PhotoShop and it is there. Can any one explain why this is Keynote and how to accomplish the same thing in PhotoShop?
I hope I was clear with my explaination!
Appreciate any help.
Brian Warren

vee
11-20-2003, 10:05 PM
It sounds like keynote is using the alpha chanel to mask the background. The backround in LW probably did not effect the alpha channel. I'd open the image in photoshop and delete the alpha generated by LW.

renderingfarmer
11-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Not to take over your thread Brian, but I'm having a similar issue with videos. I'll save a video (usually in QT) and it plays great by itself, but once I load it into Final Cut Pro all I get it the rendered objects, the background image is missing. Any idea how I go about removing this alpha channel thing?

ingo
11-21-2003, 12:47 AM
Well, as vee noted correct this is an alpha channel problem. Similar things should happen when you open the file in Apple's app preview. So delete the alpha and everything should work fine, or save it as 24Bit PSD file from Lightwave.

Ge4-ce
11-21-2003, 02:37 AM
I think there's also an option in FCP where you can select 'ignore Alpha' and then it will give you the background. Simular to Aftereffects, only AE asks it first..

I always do it like Ingo says.. Just save it as an 24 bit PSD.. Saves a lot of time if you don't need the alpha anyway.. (+ diskspace)

drclare
11-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Yes, in FCP select your clip in the browser, control click and choose properties, then for "alpha type" choose "none/ignore"

BrianW
11-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the info! I was going to ask about FCP too, but you all already answered that one too! Thanks Guys!
BW