PDA

View Full Version : Liberty3d.com Site Issues

Ryan Roye
03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Liberty3d.com is currently down due to technical difficulties which may be related to a DDoS hit. Kat's working to resolve the problem.

In the meantime if anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to post it here.

djlithium
03-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Problem fixed! We are back online now :)

Happy times!
www.liberty3d.com for details on what happened.

LW_Will
03-31-2014, 04:12 AM
Hey Kat!

Two things... one, the forum link on the Liberty3d.com web site is bad.

two, it says my ip address is blocked, could be because I just had my password rejected. ;-\

and number three... two words; Squarespace. <sorry, according to my spell check, one word. ;-) >

djlithium
03-31-2014, 05:00 AM
Hi Will.
I just saw the ip block.

A couple of things.

1. Did you read the post I did on the L3D site regarding the attack and that the forums would be down for a while?
2. What exactly were you trying to log in for? To comment on post?

3. Why would we want to use Squarespace...? They offer no advantages whatsoever (actually they are at a disadvantage for us) vs paypal which is our transaction system?

I will see if I can get the system to unblock you :)
It's been very busy blocking the 478 odd attacks coming at it from China in the last 6 hours since I checked last.

Albertdup
03-31-2014, 07:30 AM
I only get this when trying to access the forum

Warning: require(./includes/functions.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/27/d343645556/htdocs/liberty3d.com/forums/common.php on line 29

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/27/d343645556/htdocs/liberty3d.com/forums/common.php on line 29

vector
03-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Same here (Europe)

djlithium
03-31-2014, 01:20 PM
HELLO!!!

1. Did you read the post I did on the L3D site regarding the attack and that the forums would be down for a while?

LW_Will
03-31-2014, 03:47 PM
Kat...

Yes, I read your post! Sheeshe! ;-) Your login page told me to contact you.

Squarespace... FULL SECURITY built into the system. Period. No hackers, no failures, no out of date bits of your system (or add ons with backdoors). I don't know with the Paypal stuff, but the INCLUDED SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE could take that into account. Also, $16(US)/month for unlimited everything... the only way the system could be cheaper is if it were free... how does "free" feel right now, huh?

;-)

Look at Squarespace. It is free for two weeks and will import your code directly from wherever you are coming. See if you can finish your fixes today. ;-)

(PS. not trying to poke the kitty, but this could save your life (ie. no hackers, no DDOS attacks) and keep the website a thing that you do not have to keep on top of.)

djlithium
03-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah I don't think you understand how our system is set up. It's not an issue as I said. Our store is NOT what was attacked. REPEAT. The store was NOT what was attacked. I appreciate the advice Will, we are always looking at different platforms, but squarespace doesn't work for us. I won't get into the reasons as to why.
For the record, it wasn't a DDoS attack. Ryan got that wrong. I can't get into what it was because that would in itself be a stupid move from a security standpoint. I used to work in network security many years ago. This was not a DDoS, although we have sustained those in the past and dealt with them accordingly.

LW_Will
03-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Please see response via notifications.

Sorry.

djlithium
03-31-2014, 08:40 PM
Don't be Sorry Will, its just how it is. :)

dwburman
03-31-2014, 10:49 PM
The forum is back online. :)

LW_Will
04-01-2014, 02:23 AM
And there was much rejoicing... yeah.