PDA

View Full Version : Hub - yes, that…

Gary Wales
03-27-2014, 07:55 AM
I've had a quick look around using search, so forgive me if it's obvious, but I can't see any simple solution for the fact that I have only a greyed-out option to send to Layout and no reciprocal send back to Modeler ability. The Hub opens fine, and I can open the manually Hub first to check, but still no dice. I have the LICENCE-LWK file dropped on 11.6.2 Layout and Modeler - still nothing. Same for all my 11.5/6 iterations of LightWave… help? Thank you.

MarcusM
03-27-2014, 08:19 AM
In hub launch processes have you good path? If not you can change then manually in file.

Gary Wales
03-27-2014, 08:41 AM
In hub launch processes have you good path? If not you can change then manually in file.

Yes, the hub paths for both Layout and Modeler are directed to 11.6.2 and say 'Enabled'.

MarcusM
03-27-2014, 08:53 AM
Propably you know that object must be saved before sending to Layout ;]

Every4thPixel
03-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Have you installed a firewall? Some firewalls block hub traffic.

Gary Wales
03-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Have you installed a firewall? Some firewalls block hub traffic.

No Firewall.

Object saved but no option to Send to Layout. Layout doesn't even HAVE a send to Modeler button on my versions (top right hand corner).

spherical
03-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Well, there may not be a firewall but, that this happens on all of the LW version iterations that are installed says that there is something basic preventing communication.

Operating system?
Running any anti-virus?
If you launch Layout or Modeler, does the Hub auto-start?
Someone will come along and say: "Trash your configs.", so I may as well ask if you've gone through that step.
If on Windows:
Do you set the installer itself to Run As Administrator?
Are you letting it install to /Program Files or directing it to another location?

prometheus
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
No Firewall.

Object saved but no option to Send to Layout. Layout doesn't even HAVE a send to Modeler button on my versions (top right hand corner).

First of all, Layout has no send to modeler button and haven´t had it, It´s just called Modeler and for it to be non greyed out ..you have to actually have a model in layout to work with, so once you do..clicking on Modeler should switch to modeler with that model opened.

Secondly Modeler has no Send to Layout button directly, it is hidden in the top right corner as a drop down arrow, so you can choose either switch to layout or syncronize Layout or send object to layout within that menu.

You could also simply try and map send object to layout with a shortcut, go to edit keyboard shortcuts, click on the search button and write the text string "send" the first marked option will be send object to layout,so assign it to any key of your liking.

Michael

prometheus
03-27-2014, 05:24 PM
I would also suggest, after closing it all including the hub, restart...but start with modeler..not layout, then create a simple object like a box, save it, and then try to send to layout...and it hopefully should start layout and connect properly, sometimes if you start layout and if you have started modeler also seperatly...it can sometime go wonky and not connect properly.

Michael

spherical
03-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Probably just that simple. I rarely use the "Send To...", so out of my range.