PDA

View Full Version : What are the best envirement solutions for Mac?

Ge4-ce
11-20-2003, 09:11 AM
Ok, I'm into buying some plugins for enviremental things..

Some of my options are:

-Treedesigner with leaves and grass and stuff..

-Vue d'esprit Pro 4

-Sasquatch (basically for the hair and furr, but you can also use it for grass and leaves.. only.. how good is it at grass and leaves??)-

Some advise would be cool... I have no idea what to choose..

thanx

meanlebh
11-20-2003, 07:21 PM
I don't have any experience with either tree designer or Vue d'esprit pro 4...but I have used sasquatch for a little while now, and some pretty incredible things can be done with it. Like every plugin/program, it has its' quirks. Most of these can be solved with a little creative thinking. Check out worley lab's website and see some of the examples, it may give you an idea of what can/cannot be done with it. But as a whole I would highly reccomend it, I don't know what I would do without it most of the time.

drclare
11-22-2003, 02:02 AM
check out Eki's modpak, it has a tree modelling plugin that i think can do leaves, but i don't really remember. It's cheap too, so even if it doesn't it might still help you cause there's other cool stuff like a building generator.

Darth Mole
11-22-2003, 02:45 AM
Vue d'Esprit is a standalone program, and I wouldn't bother if you have LW. Better to get some tree/vegetations plug-ins instead. Vue is clunky and buggy on the Mac.

Tree Druid is okay for low-res trees, although you can get some decent results. Pawel Olas' tree and leaves generator looks better but I haven't bought a copy yet.

Sasquatch makes great grass/weeds, and can also be used for things like fir trees there's a great tutorial where a guy uses it for dragon scales too, so it's worth experimenting with.

Ge4-ce
11-22-2003, 02:53 AM
Yeah I downloaded a demo of Vue once.. It crashed a lot on me!! Even on the Mac-expo where I first saw this programm, it crashed. But I do saw some cool results! And the programm has some pretty cool integration with LW..

But the trees from Treedesigner are so cool.. And it is pretty cheap also.. I think I'm gonna give that one a try. Sasquatch is a "must have" anyway. But it also is pretty expensive :(

Does anyone know a plugin that creates a money-tree? :rolleyes: ;)

ackees
11-22-2003, 10:36 AM
I use http://www.onyxtree.com/
Highly adjustable trees, palms, bamboo, fantacy. great thing is it's stand alone so you can use it with any 3D app. A mac clasic app.

dpartridge
11-22-2003, 04:45 PM
i use vue pro, cause its easy to build low poly trees. has exportable sky , terrain and trees. also ozone 2 is way better than skytracer. yes it is buggy, but i export the enviroments to lw so dont need to send much time on it.