PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Help!

Canman2003
11-20-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi All

If I produce a cube in Lightwave 7, is there a way of defining the height of each of the six sides and the position of each side.

I have a cube which I want to product in 3D but its not a cube as each side is in a different position and size, the attached file should explain what I mean.

I'm very new to LightWave so I may not know where everything is.

Thanks

Mark

mrunion
11-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Click on the "Box" tool, then press "n" on the keyboard. This is the numeric requestor and it can be a good friend.

Dodgy
11-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Yes you can do this in the range tab of the numeric requester, (press 'n' to bring that up) you can set low and high values for the cube's size..

Canman2003
11-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys

Say I have a cube and I want to drag the back left bottom point of the cube down more but keeping everything else in the same place even the back left top point?

Because its a slightly different shape than a real cube it seems impossible to do.

Thanks so much.

ps: When I make an object and finish using the 'Numeric box' I cant seem to reselect the object again to change, when I click on it I dont get the same options as the first 'Numeric box' that comes up. How do I select an object again in the modeler?

Thanks again

chilledaqua
11-20-2003, 11:10 AM
point mode or polygon selection mode is good for that. the lightwave manual will explain these and other tools in lightwave

you cant change the parameters of the box once its created as with 3D studio max where there is an edit stack. everything is frozen once you create it

gjjackson
11-20-2003, 11:28 AM
At that point you'll have to select the point and use the move or drag tool. I thought I had a plugin that would give essentially a post action numeric tool. In other words once the tool is dropped or the numeric panel is inactive you can't go back and change the basic size. This plugin would allow the changing of those sizes. I hadn't tried it on other than a basic object. It must be on my computer at home. I'll check and post further.

Further, this would make a good plugin i.e. a post numeric tool that would give complete control, such as in node base editing. I'll have to check into that. That would be an easier one to write, if I understand how LW works.

Canman2003
11-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for there time so far

Canman2003
11-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Does anyone else have anymore ideas on this? thanks

bearfoot
11-21-2003, 06:53 AM
dude - reading the manual is the only way to learn ..

gjjackson
11-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Here's some nice plugins I've found. Too bad I can't read Japanese.

http://plaza17.mbn.or.jp/~PICTRIX/index2.html

thekho
11-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by bearfoot
dude - reading the manual is the only way to learn .. He's right. You should reading the manual more instead of asking something like how to make box.

Hervé
11-22-2003, 01:38 AM
more and more stupid questions in this forum... jeeez RDFM

~DD~Apocalypse
11-22-2003, 10:46 AM
select thepoint you want to move under points. Then tap the t button on ur keyboard

=)

RDM!