PDA

View Full Version : 3d powers tools, something feels wrong in the market presentation of the plugins!

prometheus
03-25-2014, 11:35 AM
I donīt really want to whine here, since 3d powers is doing some sweet plugins for the lightwave community.

However..I think the site isnīt properly presenting any acess entry to showcased videos...you go to the main site, then you canīt click on the images of respective plugin to get any more info or get to the videos, and there is no other link..exept for accidently finding out that it is located under the 3d powers logo...if you see this thread, I would suggest put the links to the videos on the images on the main site instead, right now they are buried and people might just go..nah and loose interest.

Further more, I donīt understand why the plugin isnīt listed in the lightwave3d.com asset/plugin page?

all this poorly executed presentation makes it hard to both get noticed of the plugin, and also get a showcase on how it works and performs..thus these tools might be in danger of not getting the proper attention and and further more ..enough sales which I believe it surely deserves.

If you do not have been following the forums and know where it is presented, you are hardly not going to find it.

Michael

scratch33
03-25-2014, 11:54 AM
True,
I bought the pack because I saw the discussion on the forum. the website is too poor. Some more information, tutorials and a better web design can help to promote this awesome plugins.

Ryan Roye
03-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Being talented is a mere half of the equation, unfortunately. This is true of all 3rd party developers; LWCAD, for instance, hasn't been marketed as well as it could have... but admittedly they are doing a better job than 3rdpowers is and from what is hinted, Viktor's finally going to be expanding his presentation to include people other than architectural designers which I feel is a giant step in the right direction. I am also beginning to wonder if LWCAD will still be a proper name for the toolset in the future.

Keep in mind that 3rdpowers might actually be promoting their plugin further in their native market, but there's no way of knowing from our standpoint unless someone in the area could chime in.

Also, I plan on doing some freebie workflow tips videos on the CageDeformer tool... there's a few things the user needs to know about in order to get the most out of it (IE: how to isolate and transfer cagedeformer keyframes/data between scenes, optimizing performance, making the cage faster, etc.)

bobakabob
03-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Being talented is a mere half of the equation, unfortunately. This is true of all 3rd party developers; LWCAD, for instance, hasn't been marketed as well as it could have... but admittedly they are doing a better job than 3rdpowers is and from what is hinted, Viktor's finally going to be expanding his presentation to include people other than architectural designers which I feel is a giant step in the right direction. I am also beginning to wonder if LWCAD will still be a proper name for the toolset in the future.

Keep in mind that 3rdpowers might actually be promoting their plugin further in their native market, but there's no way of knowing from our standpoint unless someone in the area could chime in.

Also, I plan on doing some freebie workflow tips videos on the CageDeformer tool... there's a few things the user needs to know about in order to get the most out of it (IE: how to isolate and transfer cagedeformer keyframes/data between scenes, optimizing performance, making the cage faster, etc.)

Chazriker, a tutorial on applying the brilliant Cage tool to animated characters for corrective deformations would be great. Showing newcomers how to correctly parent the cage to a complete character (not just a limb) would go down well. As good as the PDF instructions are, it took me a bit of messing about trying to get this right. Also essential to turn down the mesh density in Layout when animating, otherwise things slow down to a crawl (though good practice anyway).

Phil
03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Further more, I donīt understand why the plugin isnīt listed in the lightwave3d.com asset/plugin page?

My understanding is that this part of the LW website is manually processed. PassPort Renewed, etc. aren't listed there although I've nudged several times. The only PassPort listed is the original version from Jeremy that is hosted on Sourceforge. As such, it's possibly caught up in a queue, assuming the developer requested listing. I think the listing may also be opt-in; some developers may not wish to be added to this listing for various reasons.

prometheus
03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
My understanding is that this part of the LW website is manually processed. PassPort Renewed, etc. aren't listed there although I've nudged several times. The only PassPort listed is the original version from Jeremy that is hosted on Sourceforge. As such, it's possibly caught up in a queue, assuming the developer requested listing. I think the listing may also be opt-in; some developers may not wish to be added to this listing for various reasons.

Manually updates..well that I figured out...the question is why they did boost it all with the plugin site etc..then suddenly neglecting to update it due to what? lack of time, lack of plugins to add?
I canīt get a grip on that, no matter how I scratch my head.

I shouted out quite some time ago..when it was released about it missing in the plugin site, and til this day it isnīt updated..I also shouted it had been a long time since they updated the plugin site Generally.

If third powers do not wanīt to be seen there, well that will be bad for him and his problem...Canīt think of a reason why he wouldnīt like to be seen and heard in the plugin pages...to reach as much customers as possible..rather than hiding it.

personally I can only assume it simply is a case of the lightwave group with webmasters etc simply havenīt had the time...we will see.

this thread also serves as a reminder to push the guys and make them put some more effort on updating the plugin site...if possible.

Michael

prometheus
03-30-2014, 04:57 PM
I have to apologize to 3d powers and state this...
It wasnīt really anything wrong with the site in showcasing the videos, I felt those where hidden...it was I who was directed to the store index page and not to the main page when looking to find the plugins on google searches.

Though it could still be a good idea to also link the images on the store page to the videos, Just in case others end up on the store page... instead of the main page somehow.

We are still missing the link on the lightwave3d page... under the plugin database.

Oedo 808
03-30-2014, 05:20 PM
3rd Powers, right?

I thought they only had that compendium video, you mean there are more, or do I need more sleep?

prometheus
03-30-2014, 06:34 PM
3rd Powers, right?

I thought they only had that compendium video, you mean there are more, or do I need more sleep?

Nope, youré correct, it was only one video on that site, I was fooled somehow to think there was more, and yes..it might look better to split the vids in to respective tool also, the compendium should of course be there, itīs a grand opening:)

Ps...you might need more sleep anyway...I donīt know:)

Michael

prometheus
03-30-2014, 06:44 PM
And yes...I miss spelled the name 3rd powers it is of course.

hereīs some more clips showcasing cage deformer, itīs cool...like magnet/dragnet sculpting in Layout.

3rdpowers Cagedeform test...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1z98QpeJL0&list=UUXVUG3ZiKGTurAArLRD_b9A

3rdpowers CageDeformer: workflow and setup tips...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGjKg_P6KM&list=UUXVUG3ZiKGTurAArLRD_b9A

Review...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzUHuSKYv4&list=UUXVUG3ZiKGTurAArLRD_b9A