PDA

View Full Version : Instance and MDD multi loader workflow

jbaudrand
03-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Hello, i'm trying to create an army from a character. and add an different mdd to all instances.
I can't see a single instance in the I/O MDD multiloader, only the original character

Is there something wrong with my way of doing it?

Is there's another way?

Thomas Leitner
03-24-2014, 02:42 AM
Hello, i'm trying to create an army from a character. and add an different mdd to all instances.
I can't see a single instance in the I/O MDD multiloader, only the original character

Is there something wrong with my way of doing it?

Is there's another way?

There is no way to use different MDDs on the same instanced object. To work around use one object for every MDD to instance.

If this is not practical for you:
DP Instance (donīt confuse it with DP Instancer) works also with different point cache files for one instanced object, but it use itīs own file format (DPM Motion file) not MDD.
Note that DP Instance works with an different approach (volumetric rendering) than the native instancing.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/DP_Instance.html

I hope it helps.
ciao
Thomas

jbaudrand
03-24-2014, 05:59 AM
If I go under Object instanced>properties>Deformation> add displacement>MD reader and select a mdd for each instance nothing happen, the instance doesn't change.
That's illogical.

:/ mm ok sO I guess the only solution in my case is to use Hd instance...

jbaudrand
03-24-2014, 07:52 AM
It seem that add displacement on an object>node editor> mdd displacement works on the object but not on the instance.

I don't get it. how is it possible to make a simple crowd with a single object as instance source in lightwave?

Thomas Leitner
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
It seem that add displacement on an object>node editor> mdd displacement works on the object but not on the instance.

I don't get it. how is it possible to make a simple crowd with a single object as instance source in lightwave?

hi,
you have to load the MDD via MDD Reader (Object Properties > Deform > Add Displacement) or in the Displacement Node Editor to your object.
Then you can use this object in the Instance Generator as source for your instances. But all instances will deform (move) equal. They only can differ in scale, transform and rotation.
To work around you have to clone your object and change the MDD file for each! Then you can add the clones to your Instance Generator, too. So if you have 5 MDD files you need 5 object clones and so on.

ciao
Thomas