PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Website should promote RHiggit plugin

Julez4001
03-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Lightwave Website should promote RHiggit plugin.

This is a fantastic tool and kind of squash the whole "Lightwave doesn't do Character Animation".
However I don't the common 3d artist who is researching LW capabilities would stumble on RHiggit.
So I am purposing that they should tools like this on the front page. It would help sell Lightwave.

When Modo 801 comes out and has character tools, LW should definitely have something of equal (or more) stature.
Modo always promote their top plugins on the frontpage as if it was a standard feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdRcCfA07tU

This video should on the front page.
Beta 2 is nice but this 1.4 Promo has a lot of game development and motionbuilder tie-in.

Just my thoughts.

erikals
03-24-2014, 12:48 AM
yes, why not... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

OnlineRender
03-24-2014, 02:31 AM
yes, why not... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

also should be added here.. .https://www.lightwave3d.com/third_party/

scratch33
03-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Totaly agreed. We have some awesome plugins that should be promoted.

and if lightwave can take something from modo, the must awesome and game changer feature they have, is the marketing... ;-)

djwaterman
03-24-2014, 03:39 AM
I think RebelHill made the decision not to promote RHighit on the 3rd party page, I doubt it's Newtek. But I agree it should be there.

Julez4001
03-24-2014, 11:46 PM
I wish he'd re-consider.

Julez4001
03-25-2014, 07:06 PM
LW3DG marketing ((one person I think) and she is doing a good job) should make a personal invitation and a have a special conference of LW developers at Siggraph.
Just a wild idea.

RebelHill
03-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Lightwave Website should promote RHiggit plugin.

I can't really disagree with this (:

However (flattered though I am) I cant help but think the point really levels at 3rd parties as a whole. The Foundry site is a good example, pushing and promoting the work of devs in some such fashion DOUBTLESSLY brings benefits to all parties. Devs get exposure and income, LW gets to show an active dev community (suggesting by extension an active user comm), it can serve as a way to constantly be promoting or "releasing" all new whiz bang features "of LW", between release cycles of the "actual" software. And the users benefit as they get to see whats the newest and latest when they casually stick their head in the shop window and find the most up to date tools that are right for them.

Ofc, the LW site does have the 3rd party section... but I think where your sentiment lies, and Id agree, is that it needs to be bolder... right in your face. Personally... that big header up top with CS and Nevron in it... Id make that a fat rolling banner, with LW, CS, Nevron, and a few of the big ticket plugins turning over. I think that (reasonably small) change would do great service.

I think RebelHill made the decision not to promote RHighit on the 3rd party page, I doubt it's Newtek. But I agree it should be there.

This is untrue... dunno where that'd come from.

Rather than leave speculation... Ill be plain... A call was made for 3rd party folk to submit their info for the new section... I sent mine (twice, to 2 people, a couple weeks apart)... heard/saw nothing more of it. I did ping Rob a month or so ago and mention it... he said send him the info, he'd sort it... Ive not done so yet... Im not much of a repeat chaser like that... I'll get round to it at some point, see what happens.

Cheers.

JohnMarchant
03-26-2014, 11:22 AM
I can think of half a dozen developers that LWG3D should embrace more, LWCAD, Denis Pontonnier, 3D Powers, RHIggit, DStorm, Turbulence, IFW2 Shaders. There are many more but for my money the first 3 make LW almost a completely different piece of software and prove that with the right skills there is so much more under the hood of LW with LScript,Plugins and Python.

Ive always felt that 3rd party development for LW was always very in the background and not promoted as much as it should have been. Id like to see many more tutorials on LScript, Plugins and Python. After all its these tools in their respective software that makes things like Maya and Houdini stand out from the crowd. If there is not a native tool they will make it and have many developers doing just that.

Julez4001
03-26-2014, 03:22 PM
i can think of half a dozen developers that lwg3d should embrace more, lwcad, denis pontonnier, 3d powers, rhiggit, dstorm, turbulence, ifw2 shaders. There are many more but for my money the first 3 make lw almost a completely different piece of software .......

couldn't agree more!
Hopefully this thread and more gets notice!

JohnMarchant
03-26-2014, 04:08 PM
couldn't agree more!
Hopefully this thread and more gets notice!

We can only hope.