PDA

View Full Version : Which OS would you use for Lightwave Windows 7 or Windows 8.1?

jboudreau
03-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi Guys

I was just wondering which OS is better to use when it comes to lightwave. Are there any big issues with using windows 8.1? Or are they pretty much both the same?

Thanks,
Jason

djwaterman
03-23-2014, 10:55 AM
No issues that I've found.

hrgiger
03-23-2014, 10:56 AM
either one will work fine. I run LightWave on Windows 8.1.

LW_Will
03-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Seems to me, IMHO... that Windows 8.1 is SLIGHTLY faster. The Win8.1, under the hood is more advanced than Win7. But... my main workstation is still Win7.
I'll likely change to the new system as soon as they release the upgrade to the OS this next month.

m.d.
03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
I hated win 8 when I first got it....

Now I wont change back...

USB 3 speeds are almost 50% faster then they were on WIN 7 (i have dual boot identical hardware) you don't need any third party usb3 drivers like you do with 7 and lower....as the microsoft ones are now the best.
Everything seems, as will said, SLIGHTLY faster...not a big difference.

The only issues I have had are compatibility....for instance, Fusion needed to be upgraded to 6.4 to run Win 8
And realflow licence manager (for the renderkit) gives some QT errors while installing because of 8.1...will have to attempt again

But that is about it.

I do mostly video editing though...and have about 30+ terabytes of data in the office and do a lot of large file transfers....so the massive speed increase in USB 3 was very welcome