PDA

View Full Version : ParticleInfo issue

Styler
03-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Is Particle Info supposed to take per-particle attribute?
I tried to make particle effect where per-particle positions affect on individual particle color attribute.
I used NodeEditor for Sprite shading color. The chain of nodes looks like this.

When I do simulation all particles flicker with the same color. What's wrong? (Scene is attached)

dpont
03-21-2014, 03:48 PM
You may try the Particle Info node from DPKit, Nearest Mode.

Denis.

ninok5
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
You may try the Particle Info node from DPKit, Nearest Mode.

Denis.

Yep, was going to suggest the same thing. The DP particle info works in your scene.

Styler
03-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Thank you guys, it works with DPKit! )

Denis, I have a bug for you. DPKit doesn't work well with 11.6.2 version. When I click on color picker it shows this message

In version 11.6.2 they have changed 'Default' color picker to 'LightWave'. One more thing, after loading 11.6.2 with DPKit i'm losing some nodes, for instance: in "Additional" section I have only 'Python' loaded, no LW 'ParticleInfo' and 'FiberNode'. Maybe something else, didn't test properly. Taking this opportunity, I want to say you - thanks for these awesome plugins =)

dpont
03-22-2014, 01:08 AM
... I have a bug for you. DPKit doesn't work well with 11.6.2 version. When I click on color picker it shows this message

In version 11.6.2 they have changed 'Default' color picker to 'LightWave'. One more thing, after loading 11.6.2 with DPKit i'm losing some nodes, for instance: in "Additional" section I have only 'Python' loaded, no LW 'ParticleInfo' and 'FiberNode'. Maybe something else, didn't test properly. Taking this opportunity, I want to say you - thanks for these awesome plugins =)

Nothing to do with DPKit,
a problem with your config I guess,
if you loose entries in the node list,
you should try to remove and readd the plugin(s),
in some case, restart with a fresh Layout config may help too.

Denis.

Styler
03-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah, you were right, I have removed config and got no errors. Thanks!