PDA

View Full Version : ebuyer Imaginarium Animation - Opening Speech

lardbros
03-20-2014, 03:49 PM
https://youtu.be/p_pu4_it-iU

Hey there everyone!
After finishing this a week or so ago, I've had to wait until today to show it to anyone...
Ebuyer's Imaginarium event was held today, so thought I'd share the animation I created for them to open the event.

Ended up doing all the animation in around 4 days, so is a little rough around the edges, but hope it's worth watching!

Cheers,
Tim :)

lardbros
03-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Oh... and if you have any comments, please feel free to crit etc. :D

djwaterman
03-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Very cool, nice look on the robot and animation. Was there a lot of AE linking with the project, like the spinning globe, logos, text and the hologram?

lardbros
03-22-2014, 05:47 AM
Thanks DJ! Your opinion means a lot!

I didn't actually use the AE linking thing... All were rendered straight from LightWave and done as separate passes.

So, the particles, lens flare, carousel thing, globe etc were all done as separate passes... But I didn't use the AE link.
No special techniques were used really, but I found plenty of bugs during the course if the project.

I'm pretty pleased with the result to be honest, and haven't used LightWave for any character animation for years.

Thanks for your comment though DJ ��

djwaterman
03-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Then it's even more impressive.

lardbros
03-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Ha... Not really, but thank you ☺

silkroadgame
03-24-2014, 03:12 AM
Good animation.

lardbros
03-24-2014, 03:57 AM
Thank you!

A bit more tech info. Renders were around 1 to 5 minutes a frame. The longest renders being the volume light ones with the present, but for such a short sequence, I thought I'd do it in LightWave rather than try it in post. The volume light was rendered as a separate pass too.
Motion blur and depth of field were all rendered in camera, it didn't affect render times much at all, and even on a relatively low AA setting the grain is unnoticeable when it's moving.

LightWave pulled it out of the bag really... VPR is the mightiest weapon when setting up shaders and lighting. I find other software doesn't compare quite as well as VPR. I was using it to send preview renders to the client every evening too.

��

ArtGoblin
03-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Really good work there ! like the look and feel of it, as well as the design on the robot... kinda reminds me of the monopoly-man :)

lardbros
03-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks man! Really appreciate your comments :)
I thought the animation was going to be torn to shreds in here... But glad people are watching it and mostly liking it!