PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Sensor not Recognized

davidsenna03
03-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Hello Everyone

I just got my hands on NevronMotion and I followed the installation instructions to the letter. The plug in was installed properly but whenever I go to the Device Manager my Kinect's status alwas displays "Stopped". Besides that the sensor has a flashing green light... does anyone know what that means or how to solve it?

Tnx in advance for your help!

Dodgy
03-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Are you using the Kinect for the Xbox 360? If so, you need to install the SDK for the kinect, (which is versions 1.8) not the Kinect for windows runtime (version 1.7). Do that, then start the device manager, rename it to Kinect_A as in the instructions, enable it and then click Open to open the Kinect panel. You should get some video in the panel then.

davidsenna03
03-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Are you using the Kinect for the Xbox 360? If so, you need to install the SDK for the kinect, (which is versions 1.8) not the Kinect for windows runtime (version 1.7). Do that, then start the device manager, rename it to Kinect_A as in the instructions, enable it and then click Open to open the Kinect panel. You should get some video in the panel then.

Tnx for your help. I also contacted Newtek's Technical service regarding this issue and they basically suggested the same solution that you are mentioning. I have an XBOX Kinect sensor an apparently that's the problem, as Newtek only supports Kinect for windows (because the SDK for Xbox is still a Beta). I'm guessing that I will have to get the kinect for windows for this one.

Kind Regards

Dodgy
03-25-2014, 08:30 PM
I have the Xbox Kinect and I got it working under the SDK driver as stated, so just get that driver and and all should be well.

davidsenna03
03-26-2014, 06:31 AM
I have the Xbox Kinect and I got it working under the SDK driver as stated, so just get that driver and and all should be well.

I'm trying it again, and I will let you know how it goes

davidsenna03
03-26-2014, 06:59 AM
I just did it again and it worked to perfection! Thank you Mike!

cyclopse
10-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Can anybody help with kinect v2?

TIMMYLYNN
11-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Can anybody help with kinect v2?

from what i'm finding it is not supported will not work and newtek has not advised if they plan to update it according to what i'm finding and i'd say since they gave it to all existing customers they probably will not....glad I investigated because I was going to get the v2 cuz it's 50 bucks off for black Friday. what will upset me is if I pass that up because nevron doesn't work with it and newtek is not telling us if they are updating it so i'm not buying it then they fix it to work. it still looks useful for animation but it would be great if it could take advantage of the new features of Kinect v2...the new poser pro 11 supposedly supports v2...on sale as well until nov 30

cyclopse
11-26-2015, 11:18 PM
from what i'm finding it is not supported will not work and newtek has not advised if they plan to update it according to what i'm finding and i'd say since they gave it to all existing customers they probably will not....glad I investigated because I was going to get the v2 cuz it's 50 bucks off for black Friday. what will upset me is if I pass that up because nevron doesn't work with it and newtek is not telling us if they are updating it so i'm not buying it then they fix it to work. it still looks useful for animation but it would be great if it could take advantage of the new features of Kinect v2...the new poser pro 11 supposedly supports v2...on sale as well until nov 30

I actually got it working. Not directly though. Instead what I do is use Brekel with the v2, then export the fxb to lightwave, and use nevron to remap to the bones saved with the brekel export. Slightly more expensive... but a much better result than the v1 kinect. v1 pretty much is teh suxors.

Areyos Alektor
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
"NevronMotion" has been updated, and since it is compatible with the "Kinect One". Just think buy the adapter for use on PC (50 €/$).

cyclopse
12-03-2015, 05:09 AM
"NevronMotion" has been updated, and since it is compatible with the "Kinect One". Just think buy the adapter for use on PC (50 /$).

Yeah... tried it. It sucked wind. I have a support ticket in to try to find out what's up. You can see in the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zdf90ydxc9iuhv/NevronFail.mp4?dl=0