PDA

View Full Version : Why am I having Quicktime issues?

intofx
11-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Working with version 7.5c and I am having trouble loading quicktime movies into the image editor. Works just fine at work but not at home. I re-added the plugins but this didn't help. Any suggestions?

Matt

Beamtracer
11-20-2003, 04:20 AM
So you have LW7.5c at work and at home, you can load a particular QT at work but the same movie doesn't play at home. Is that correct?

Is the movie a standard codec type? Does it play in the standard Quicktime player, or is it only in Lightwave that it won't work?

intofx
11-20-2003, 10:55 AM
I can't load ANY QT's at home. :( I re-loaded the plugins and threw my prefs away with no luck.

When I try to load them, they are "gray-ed" out. I can only load image files.

On a seperate but possibly related issue... When I load .pct files LW thinks they are animations and not stills????????

Thanks for the help...

Matt

mlinde
11-20-2003, 11:24 AM
What version of QT are you running on each machine?

Beamtracer
11-20-2003, 12:31 PM
I've had incompatibility problems with PICT files in the past, so I stopped using them. Sometimes PICTs made in OS9 don't run in OS X. It might have something to do with a 3 or 4 digit suffix.

Infofx, you need to find out what codec your Quicktime is. In the Quicktime Player (not Lightwave) select "Get Info" from the menus and it'll tell you what format it is.

The machine at work may have that extra codec loaded into the Quicktime library, when the machine at home may not have it.

It's very unusual to have a Mac that can't play any Quicktimes from the Quicktime Player that comes with the machine.

intofx
11-20-2003, 01:18 PM
I agree, but the problem is that the quicktimes were rendered in lightwave with the same software/machine I'm trying to use them on. I'm just trying to re-import the render I just did. They are rendered with the animation codec. That's why this is such a mystery to me.

Beamtracer
11-20-2003, 01:38 PM
If your computer won't play any Quicktimes at all, download a new Quicktime player from Apple and reinstall it.

If it's just Lightwave that won't handle Quicktimes, maybe you should reinstall Lightwave to replace any plug-ins or components that may be missing.

intofx
11-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Thanks. My computer will play the quicktimes - just lightwave is having trouble. :(

Matt

toby
11-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Maybe the QT plug-in itself is corrupted? Try getting a new one from the install CD -

If you have QT Pro use it to export an image sequence for LW until you find a solution.