PDA

View Full Version : Does VSE2.5 get me joystick pan and zoom control with older virtual sets?

HBarnes
03-14-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd like to use the 'Nightly Show A' set but have joystick control over the panning and zooming. Currently in our TC8000 and in VSE1.5 we only have zoom control and no freely moving joystick control.

If I upgrade to VSE2.5, will it allow me to publish the set so that I get joystick control?

Also, if anyone know of a document that shows the actual differences between VSE1.5 and VSE2.5 please let me know. My searching has been unsuccessful. I have copies of both manuals, but there wasn't much in the new one that talked about conversion of sets or what you get extra.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

-Harvey

kanep
03-14-2014, 03:15 PM
VSE 2.x has the full zoom & panning support. Also, it supports up to 4 layers in a virtual set so you can take advantage of that feature on your TriCaster 8000 system.

The main differences between VSE 1.x and 2.x are:
- Zoom & Pan support with TriCaster XD2 systems (410, 460, 860, 8000)
- 4 layer support with TriCaster 8000 systems
- Standalone support so you can run VSE on another computer (you get two install licenses with one copy of VSE to do this).
- VSE 2 includes a few extra virtual sets
- VSE 2.5 supports the Panaromic virtual sets found in TriCaster XD2 Rev2 systems (410, 460, 860, 8000v2)

HBarnes
03-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Thank you very much for the info.

I'm somewhat new to editing virtual sets and don't know VSE2.x. Is there anyway to add two more layers to a set that was was originally built as a two layer set? 'Nightly Show A' for example.

Thanks!

Buddy.Hannon
03-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Layers for what? What are you looking to add?
It can be done, but it can be hard getting all of the views. Without the original LW files and using Lightwave, you would need to capture the views that you want, deconstruct them in Photoshop, add your additional layers in the proper place in the layer order, readd reflection layers and things and then import them into VSE to add the zooms and stuff.
PM me if you need more info.
Thanks

kanep
03-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Some the sets in VSE 2.x have been upgraded to support multiple channels. For example, the sets 'Demo Studio', 'Prime Time', 'SkyBox' have all been upgraded to support different video channels for each of the monitors on the set. So on your TriCaster 8000, the Prime Time set could have one video channel showing up on the left monitor and a different one showing up on the right.

HBarnes
03-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Thank you both for the information.

My hope is to be able to add another source... to replace the static image behind the central monitors with a looping/ motion logo.

I'd also like to add a reflection of the talent on the floor. (I did see Jose's post 'Virtual shadow using the TC8000' in the Tips & Tricks section, but I haven't tried it yet.)

Buddy.Hannon
03-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Are you talking about the Seated desk position in Nightly Show A?

HBarnes
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
I'd like to replace the image on the back wall in Nightly Show A with a motion logo. It's the image behind the center TV's. I think it was a map in the original set.

I've removed the desk and will be using the set in stand-up mode, which is why I'd like a reflection of the talent on the floor as well.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

joseburgos
03-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Reflections are easier just repeat the layer in photoshop for input you want reflected.

HBarnes
03-20-2014, 10:05 PM
I'll re-read the manual.
Can I somehow open VSE files with Photoshop?
Thanks.

Buddy.Hannon
03-21-2014, 06:34 AM
No you can.
Experimenting is more useful then the manual and also playing around with and deconstructing the Example psd files that come with the software helps.

joseburgos
03-21-2014, 06:47 PM
No you can.
Experimenting is more useful then the manual and also playing around with and deconstructing the Example psd files that come with the software helps.

Viewing and studying the example PSD files are a great resource for sure. But if you want a jump start as well as learn some advance techniques, I hold a great training class :)

Take care,