PDA

View Full Version : Animation Layers in Lightwave: Free Plugin from Oregami Digital

Ryan Roye
03-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Use it for mocap, secondary motions, or whatever you want non-destructively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lsGvZ5Bc0

Plugin created by Oliver Hotz, you can get it here: http://origamidigital.com/LWPythonScripts/

Tranimatronic
03-13-2014, 11:07 AM
WOW ! this is something that has been on my wishlist for years.
Looks fantastic. Cant wait to try it out

Ryan Roye
03-13-2014, 11:21 AM
WOW ! this is something that has been on my wishlist for years.
Looks fantastic. Cant wait to try it out

This is why pimping out these awesome plugins is so important; Oliver put in the hard work, but he doesn't have a whole lot of options to make it consistently "visible" to the Lightwave community as far as I can tell at this time. I'd like to see some activity in the Lightwave Plugin Database as his stuff isn't the only content that has been published after the LW3DG made the database live on their website. Plugins are so vital to the Lightwaver's workflow, so it needs due attention.

Oliver really should have made this a commercial plugin... but that's just me talking; I'd gladly pay for it.

ianr
03-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Hell, ask to have it made sticky say in Third party folder???

Along with the 3d Powers Stuff too.

Tranimatronic
03-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes ! this is one of those "you cant to that in Lightwave" things that so easily get overlooked.
There needs to be a "so you have installed the app, now install these MUST HAVE plugins" page.
How about a sticky "MUST HAVE PLUGINS" thread?

ianr
03-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Good Idea, bring back Flay.com

ORRR

How about 'LW First-Aid Kit' Folder LoL

No ,No? I got it!

How about 'LW wer'e not jealous we didn't
think of this function first' Plug-in Folder?

Or 'Join The Rebellion & Hug Forgotten Plug-ins' Folder

Lobby for a New Folder seriously!!!!

geo_n
03-20-2014, 12:21 AM
What happens when you remove the offset bones? Is the original rig still intact and the original animation still there?

Ryan Roye
03-20-2014, 05:17 AM
What happens when you remove the offset bones? Is the original rig still intact and the original animation still there?

This is correct. Deleting the offset bones also deletes the expressions that were put on the affected bones. One can also bake out animation layers by selecting the affected bones (I recommend doing this via selection set), going into the graph editor, selecting all the curves in the bin and using the bake (b) operation in there, which removes the expressions but leaves the new motion intact.

When using this plugin, I highly recommend creating a selection set out of the selected bones/items before creating the layers to allow one to quickly unlock them as needed.

geo_n
03-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks. Will do some tests.
I'm trying out the other plugins at origami website as well.
The merge mdd export is very useful but I can't get it to work. Crashes at the end of the baking process when merge mdd and merge lwo are checked.
Some of they plugins also don't do anything. Wonder if these are for older lw versions.