PDA

View Full Version : Deleting keyframes: Quick way to delete all?

Veloci
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
This seems like it would be a no-brainer to allow someone to clear all keyframes in case they made a mistake or want to start over, but I can't see any button on the timeline that allows for it, and typing (startframe)-(endframe) in the Delete Keyframe command doesn't do anything.

Is there a way to delete all keyframes once, for one object or even global?

Ryan Roye
03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
In the utilities tab, click "additional" and pick motify. This built-in plugin lets you do exactly this. I really hope to see this built-in plugin retired and its functions integrated into the regular delete key menu.

Other methods:

- IKBooster (via "all mode" and using right click on dopetrack/delete method)
- Graph Editor (opening GE while topmost object is selected will make all channels of an object appear in the bin)

Sebasvideo
03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
With the object, light or camera selected, open the graph editor. On the left panel, select all the channels, because only the first one is selected. Press Shift+A to show all the keyframes for the selected channels, drag and select with your right mouse pressed, and once they are all selected press delete.

Danner
03-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Another way: expand the timeline upwards (clicking on the top of the timeline) A menu pops up if you right click. There you can choose "select all keys, and then "delete keys"

DAMAKERS
03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Also, in Scene editor, turn off tree viz and can select all objects and its parents, simply select a range in dope and apply erase, you can also delete endomorph keys and others stuffs at the same time. I remember a tutorial of this made by William Vaughan

DAMAKERS
03-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llWYrzmC4Q

lertola2
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
In the Scene editor open the Channels tab. You can delete all your animation at once including envelopes on surfaces and in nodes.