PDA

View Full Version : ncam poiont cloud FBX import not working

alenskas
03-11-2014, 02:17 PM
hi

im trying to import an FBX file which is a point cloud generated by the ncam.
it wont load in modeller so i assume its needing to apply nulls to the point positions in layout.
if i load the FBX into layout it asks me the fbx scene scale question etc but then when it should import it just hangs forever and never actually creates my scene.
why ? its only a few thousand points ???

please help. thanks
jono

DigitalDeuce
03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Looking all over for any sample output from "ncam" to test/work with

alenskas
03-12-2014, 03:35 AM
hi deuce :D

i left the scene loading when i went home last night. this morning on my return the scene is loaded into lightwave.
who knows how long it took. but it was not loading yesterday even after 10 minutes on an HP Z600 workstation.
as i say its loaded but the camera is missing animation :/
the scene has about 4000 nulls ( point cloud )

the fbx loads just fine in softimage and camera works. takes about a minute to load.

ho hum

alenskas
03-12-2014, 04:30 AM
please also accept im probs lying about the fbx being directly from ncam :p
i was handed an fbx and told its from ncam. it most likely comes out the camera in another format , then the ncam crew publish fbx files for the facilities.

but , why does it work in xsi and not lightwave ?
another note is its very slow to work in the scene ( and also in maya not just LW )...i would not expect nulls in point cloud to be that heavy.
perhaps this is something to look at from robs point of view of lightwave being the ultimate integration tool and also for live onset work.