PDA

View Full Version : Modeler stuck in 2 viewports

Chigbee
03-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Anyone had this problem? I grabbed the center mark in a quad view to drag it out so I could zoom into one view. My mouse did a little Ninja back flip and dragged it off screen. Now I cant get back to the center mark to re-center it on the inteface. Tried dragging the whole interface window out further to find the mark but it just enlarges the two view ports. Tried changing the layout to 3 top 1 bottom and it still had the view ports running outside the interface window. Tried changing it back to quad to no avail. Anyone know how to fix this?

Danner
03-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Never encountered anything like you have, but you should be able to shrink lightwave till you see where the crosshairs meet if you are in windowed mode (as opposed to full screen).

Chigbee
03-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks Danner but all that does is shrink the 2 view ports inside the interface window. NewTek suggested deleting the Modeler .cfg file in the Library. If that does not work I think I will just reinstall Modeler.

ernpchan
03-10-2014, 04:10 PM
What about going to your Display Options and picking one of the different Layouts?

Chigbee
03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
empchan, did that with the same result. The view ports were still zoomed outside the interface window. Reinstalled Lightwave 11.6 to a new folder and when I launched modeler it was still doing the same thing. It probably has something to do with a config file but I have tried trashing the config folder in the Library to no avail. I did find a fix. I launched 11.5. :-)

ernpchan
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
You could do a search for LWM.cfg to track down all your cfg file. I redirect my cfgs so this way I always know where they are.

JamesCurtis
03-10-2014, 09:33 PM
If you launched 11.5 and it fixed it, it sounds like as if the two programs are possibly sharing the same config folder and file. Though usually, the files ae relegated to their own specific version folders.

Snosrap
03-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Be sure to trash your .cfg's AFTER closing modeler. :)

Chigbee
03-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Thank yo everyone for all your support. If this glitch should ever happen to you, I found the easiest fix. After spending a few hours trying to figure this out through the forum and NewTek support... I uninstalled 11.6... installed 11.6.1 and everything is back to normal. 10 or 15 minutes start to finish.