PDA

View Full Version : Worley Sasquatch

genesis1
03-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I contacted Worley as after installing in LW 11.6 The colour picker doesn't work and you cannot choose a colour for the fibres. They replied back saying it is a bug in lightwave that should be addressed by Newtek in a future update. Any ideas when this might be as not being able to use colour picker is a bit of a pain. Anyone else still use Sasquatch?

Kryslin
03-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Indeed, the new color picker in Lightwave doesn't work with Sasquatch. I tend not use the built in picker, but it's predecessor, Jovian Color Picker (which may or may not be available still). I set Lightwave to use the System color picker, and Jovian pops up, and everything works.

genesis1
03-09-2014, 05:44 PM
How do I set LW to use the system colour picker? I've just been using the new one but don't like it much. Thanks.

ernpchan
03-09-2014, 06:07 PM
You can change the color picker in the Options menu. Hit the 'o' key.

genesis1
03-11-2014, 03:48 AM
Thanks, all working now.

jaxtone
07-23-2014, 12:29 AM
I recently bought Syflex and tried it with Sasquatch... total crash each time I try them at the same time! I hoped for a natural movement of the hair with help from Syflex but donīt believe it will work because of the crash when they are started together!

Anyone with a solution of how to make a Sasquatch long or short hair interact with the dynamics and movement of the part on the master part of a model that the Sasquatch hair is attached to?

Sensei
07-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Maybe Syflex doesn't like 2 point polygons?

Open crash dialog with details and see which module is crashing, make screen-shot..

What if you split object to 2 layers? Does it crash too?

How about using MDD - use Syflex on hair guides, then bake to MDD, and remove Syflex. (of course if Syflex works with 2 point polys)

jaxtone
07-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Sensei! Sorry to say this but Iīve never used MDD earlier! Is it a complicated method and does it really affect the hair to folllow movements and dynamics of the parent objects? If there are any videottutorials you are more than welcome to send links!!

I also have to reveal that the Lightwave oject I use for this scene is based on an OBJ file from DAZ Studio 4.6 with animations etc.. But there are two main problems:

It seems almost impossible to edit down the level of polygons down to a reasonable level with this FBX file!

It seems almost impossible to pick out polygons from the original FBX file if I want Syflex to react with these parts instead of the whole body!

rednova
07-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Hi:
I just started using sasquatch recently.
It works fine, everything is super and it does what I need.
But I am only using it with lw 9.6 so it might work different with different versions.
But on my system with lw 9.6 everything seems fine, and I really love Sasquatch.

jaxtone
07-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Rednova!

Have you managed to explore how one can make Sasquatch hair solutions act and react with dynamics and external forces like wind when a body moves?

rednova
07-24-2014, 06:59 AM
@jaxtone
I haven't tried yet, because I was not interested in doing that.
But I will try later, just to test the functionality of the plugin.

Greenlaw
07-24-2014, 04:10 PM
You really should bake out your hair sim...it's the best way to ensure reliability during rendering, especially if it's over a network. It's also the best way to preserve deformations exactly between different animation packages.

Using MDD is very easy--select your object (the guides in your case) and go to I/O and choose MD Multi-baker. From here, choose where you want to save your MDD file and click OK.

Next, disable or remove the dynamics plug-ins (Syflex, Bullet, ClothFX or whatever)--at this stage, it's pointless to have dynamics continue running if you're using an MDD to drive your animation.

Now you can apply the MDD displacement to your object. There are many ways to do this but the two simplest methods are to use MDD Multi-loader or the MD Reader plug--with either tool, just select your obect and load the MDD file. You're guides are now animated with MDD and should be fully compatible with Sasquatch or FiberFX.

Note: normally, you wouldn't do this until after the character animation is signed off on. If the animation does change, naturally, you will need to recalc the sim and rebake the MDD. For this reason, I always maintain separate calc-only and MDD-only scenes to speed up the process.

That's the basics in a nutshell--it should work for most long-hair situations. There are many options and tools available for working with MDD in special and advanced cases but that's a whole topic worthy of another thread.

G.