PDA

View Full Version : $495.00USD LightWave3D 11.6 Full Seats Cross Grade for XSI Artists and Studios

geo_n
03-06-2014, 07:13 AM
http://www.liberty3d.com/2014/03/special-crossgrade-pricing-for-xsi-artists-and-studios/

LightWave3D 11.6 Full Commercial Seat XSI Crossgrade Special (Download)
Just $495.00USD

Really good deal!:thumbsup:

AbnRanger
03-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Pretty cool and a very generous gesture on the part of LW3DG

50one
03-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Preety cool to see LW group offering a deal, first Foundry now LW, I'll bet that Maxon will offer 50 off of the Studio price too haha.

AbnRanger
03-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Preety cool to see LW group offering a deal, first Foundry now LW, I'll bet that Maxon will offer 50 off of the Studio price too haha.$75 off a $3700 app? What's not to like? :)

GandB
03-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Good for Rob and Crew to toss out an nice invite. Hope they get a few bites.

JohnMarchant
03-06-2014, 10:23 AM
$75 off a $3700 app? What's not to like? :)

$5,200 for C4D Studio, i didn't realize it was that costly. Wow, think i would go with Houdini, dont think the C4D price is justified.

Yes its very good of Rob and LWG3D to offer this, i think its the best offer available. Looking at the others and the costs it represents the best deal IMO

ernpchan
03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
The cross upgrade price is only available on LB3D?

ianr
03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Now, I just wanna sing to LW3DG.

ICE,ICE BABY!

ICE,ICE BABY!

I call it the XSI Devs Song!

All together now....

AbnRanger
03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Wonder if that shouldn't be extended to 3ds Max users here in a few weeks....when yet another weak release has many users looking to escape the Borg?

JohnMarchant
03-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Wonder if that shouldn't be extended to 3ds Max users here in a few weeks....when yet another weak release has many users looking to escape the Borg?

Sorry not up on things AD, is there some unhappiness in the camp :):):). Was the last release of Max weak.

Tranimatronic
03-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Sorry not up on things AD, is there some unhappiness in the camp :):):). Was the last release of Max weak.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/n183-all-the-sneak-peek-videos
"...but if this is it, why release Max 2014 at all?"

After this year if you dont buy an upgrade every year, there is no upgrade path.
I would say that someone at the very top at Autode$k is working for the competition. Oh wait.....what competition?

EDIT: that link is for 2014 not the new one, so its kind of old news....

cresshead
03-06-2014, 05:14 PM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/crossgrade_promo/

https://www.lightwave3d.com/static/lw/gfx/banners/cross_upgrade_banner_952px.jpg

please note : "Softimage Users Only"

AbnRanger
03-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Sorry not up on things AD, is there some unhappiness in the camp :):):). Was the last release of Max weak.The last 2-3 releases have been pretty darn weak. There are more feature additions in 1 full release of LW or Modo than Max gets in 3-4. Max 2010 was pretty feature-rich, but it has sucked ever since.

Maya already has a capable fire/smoke/fluids sim system, right out of the box. Max, on the other hand, forces the user to rely on 3rd party plugins for the task. Now Maya 2015 is slated to get Naiad added...so they'll have 2 such systems, where Max still doesn't even have one. What's wrong with this picture? They also bring in a plugin like CAT (2010), and just let it rot. Don't try to develop it further. Again, you have to rely on 3rd party solutions for that. Them charging for a new license if you skipped a version or two (because of the bad economy and them not adding anything worthwhile) is just corporate greed at it's worst.

cresshead
03-06-2014, 08:12 PM
The last 2-3 releases have been pretty darn weak. There are more feature additions in 1 full release of LW or Modo than Max gets in 3-4. Max 2010 was pretty feature-rich, but it has sucked ever since.

Maya already has a capable fire/smoke/fluids sim system, right out of the box. Max, on the other hand, forces the user to rely on 3rd party plugins for the task. Now Maya 2015 is slated to get Naiad added...so they'll have 2 such systems, where Max still doesn't even have one. What's wrong with this picture? They also bring in a plugin like CAT (2010), and just let it rot. Don't try to develop it further. Again, you have to rely on 3rd party solutions for that. Them charging for a new license if you skipped a version or two (because of the bad economy and them not adding anything worthwhile) is just corporate greed at it's worst.

yup max 2011, 2012, 2013 nd 2014 are pretty crappy 'updates'..all 4 together would just about make 1 update..

time to re evaluate my subs again...max 2015 has to be quite cool for me to stay...

sukardi
03-06-2014, 09:08 PM
It is time to raise the game with LW12. LW3DG, we are all counting on you ...

CaptainMarlowe
03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
That's a smart move from LW3DG.

rcallicotte
03-10-2014, 06:48 AM
It's very cool to see all of the camaraderie surrounding the loss of such a great skillset upon such a decently written piece of software.

jburford
03-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Wow pretty strong words over at the C4DCafe.com Admin. . . .

I quote. . . "Not that strange if you're familiar with C4D. Maxon does discounts but usually before the new version is announced in August / September. They aren't usually rushed into doing anything as a response to the actions of other 3D app developers.

To be honest the huge discount offered by Lightwave is a sign of desperation. People have been abandoning LW in droves over the last few years. I can't see how anyone currently using Softimage would want to jump from a sinking ship into one with a slow leak not to mention being antiquated e.g. modeller and layout.

end of Quote.

Pretty much stunned. Guess he has not heard of the big turn around after the Core fiasco, nor those actually returning to Lightwave the past few years from Modo or others.

robertoortiz
03-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Wow pretty strong words over at the C4DCafe.com Admin. . . .

I quote. . . "Not that strange if you're familiar with C4D. Maxon does discounts but usually before the new version is announced in August / September. They aren't usually rushed into doing anything as a response to the actions of other 3D app developers.

To be honest the huge discount offered by Lightwave is a sign of desperation. People have been abandoning LW in droves over the last few years. I can't see how anyone currently using Softimage would want to jump from a sinking ship into one with a slow leak not to mention being antiquated e.g. modeller and layout.

end of Quote.

Pretty much stunned. Guess he has not heard of the big turn around after the Core fiasco, nor those actually returning to Lightwave the past few years from Modo or others.

Lovely.... Just lovely. At that pricepoint honestly if I was an XSI studio I would just bite the bullet and move the Houdini.

Anyway want I want to see the LW3DG do is court Softimage 3rd party developers. I am willign to bet that they are not happy with Autodesk right now.

cresshead
03-11-2014, 11:58 PM
i like the 'idea' of Cinema4d as it's sorta similar to 3dsmax, but it's pricing is just nuts for the full working version "studio"...really...way too high a price for something that's not as capable.
the cheaper versions have nothing for a character animator so no point even looking.

just look what's missing in the 'lighter' versions

http://www.maxon.net/en/products/general-information/general-information/product-comparison.html

save $75 crossgrading..err no.

jburford
03-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Actually, isn't the pricing pretty much on par with most professional versions of other 3D Software? ie. Softimage, Houdini, Max, Maya etc.

Pretty basic costs (with or without subscription) for anyone making a living using the software. Now for hobbyists, or those just doing an odd job or two, it could be a high cost. To me the perfect version would be the Broadcast Version at around $1600. For the "lighter" versions, one can easily add on enhancements similar to Rhigget Pro on Lightwave for around $100-$200.

But am certain we all know that any "Power Users" from Softimage are not gonna be really coming over to Lightwave nor Cinema 4D. (ok, other than a couple)

JohnMarchant
03-12-2014, 08:38 AM
The Studio version of C4D is pretty much on a par price wise with SI/Maya/Max etc but it is not on capability, there are 5 versions of C4D and the studio version is way over priced for what it delivers. Im talking about what it can do not what it says it can do. Now look at the price and capabilities of LW and C4D Studio. This is why LW offers a big bang for your buck. No it does not have everything that all the others have but what it does have for the price is very competitive indeed.

I however do not see serious users of SI moving to LW, most will go for Maya, some for Houdini and then get a better modeler and my guess would be Modo. What LW needs is to temp those Devs and third party developers for SI to port or come over to LW.

erikals
03-12-2014, 09:42 AM

not surprised, he is not the first admin i've met that is anti-LightWave...

luckily pro ex-LightWave users are not like that, they use the tool that is best for them.

here's the link by the way... >
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/topic/81205-autodesk-softimage-eol/page-3

(people, always remember to include links, thanks)

mouse_art
03-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Fanboyism at it's greatest....isn't that normal on every App specific Forum today? ;-)
I really liked the part from srek about ICE. "Xpresso and ICE have more in common with one another than any of the two with Houdinis Node system."
Yeah that my be the reason why you never saw some cool "****" come out of Xpresso like the things pooby hase done with ICE.
nodal expressions are cool yes but not quite the same as ICE...