PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 9.6 Calculate Dynamics Question

tomjscott
03-05-2014, 02:01 PM
When I calculate dynamics for my scene I click the Calculate button in one of the object's properties box. It seems like there should be an easy way via a hotkey or a menu option to calculate dynamics for a scene without having to open an object's properties. Is this true? If so, where can I find this at?

prometheus
03-05-2014, 02:34 PM
When I calculate dynamics for my scene I click the Calculate button in one of the object's properties box. It seems like there should be an easy way via a hotkey or a menu option to calculate dynamics for a scene without having to open an object's properties. Is this true? If so, where can I find this at?

Yes we can..Obama said:)

Thereīs a button under modify/tools called IKB calculate..that should be the same as fx start, so you can use that button, as you see it is mapped to ctrl-x...and if you edit configure shortcuts..you can see it mapped to that...however I tried to test that shortcut, and it didnīt work properly somehow...but I did reconfigure that fx start to "q" instead or whatever single key shortcut you want..and it works as it should.

Michael

tomjscott
03-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks. I'll see if I can find that and make a shortcut or menu option for it.

prometheus
03-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I'll see if I can find that and make a shortcut or menu option for it.

when you edit your shortcuts....and do a search, you canīt search for fx start, it wonīt find that string, you must search with the exact string..which is with underscore "fx_start" and you will find it , I can also tell you to look in the in the plugin categories of the commands, it is not located under dynamics..that is reserved for the newer bullet fx stuff.

I donīt know why it didnīt work for me with ctrl-x...maybe a conflict with windows cut somehow, but just mapp the fx-start to a single shortcut that is easy for your mind
to refer too when thinking of fx start.

Michael

tomjscott
03-05-2014, 02:57 PM
when you edit your shortcuts....and do a search, you canīt search for fx start, it wonīt find that string, you must search with the exact string..which is with underscore "fx_start" and you will find it , I can also tell you to look in the in the plugin categories of the commands, it is not located under dynamics..that is reserved for the newer bullet fx stuff.

I donīt know why it didnīt work for me with ctrl-x...maybe a conflict with windows cut somehow, but just mapp the fx-start to a single shortcut that is easy for your mind
to refer too when thinking of fx start.

Michael

I'm not sure it'll be the same in 9.61. The newer FX stuff is probably set up different than Dynamics. It may not be called fx_start in 9.61 at all. I can't check though until I get home.

prometheus
03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure it'll be the same in 9.61. The newer FX stuff is probably set up different than Dynamics. It may not be called fx_start in 9.61 at all. I can't check though until I get home.

Ehmm...you should forget about the newer fx stuff in 9.6, bullet fx hard body was introduced in lightwave 11..and the bullet softbody system in 11.5
so those are what I was refering too in the dynamics command lines in editing shortcuts or menus.
You can still map the "old" fx-Start to any button of your liking or shortcut.

The newer Bullet system in lightwave 11 and 11.6 donīt need any calculation button, you simply hit play or use the right arrow key for it to start.

Michael

Dodgy
03-05-2014, 07:28 PM
The reason ctrl-x doesn't work is the 8.5+ dynamics use ctrl as their Stop key, not esc, so as soon as they're started, the ctrl part of ctrl-x stops them. Not the best idea to assign it to that hotkey combo :) I have it set to just x, and that works fine.